Author Topic: Ted Cruz drops out of presidential race  (Read 67854 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Ted Cruz drops out of presidential race
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2016, 01:08:32 am »

Buckle up, ML!

I'm not likely to buckle up.

I'm more likely to move.

I don't like tyrants.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2016, 01:09:20 am »
Feel kind of sad, he gave it the good fight.  Maybe sometime in the future, who knows.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2016, 01:10:00 am »
Thanxs, I'll have to vote for somebody.

I'll probably be going that same route this year and voting Gary Johnson this Nov if, in fact, he is the nominee for the LP
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2016, 01:11:34 am »
Not a drama queen.

A realist.

And yes, the party..... the one I was loyal to for 50 years....... is going to nominate a degenerate.  Never happened before.

Glad you're happy with the degradation of women, Mesaclone.

I hope you don't have a wife or mother.

I have both...and three daughters to boot. Two who are now grown and very successful young ladies, and another who's in a Gifted program here in Arizona. So you see, I'm not the boogey-man you seem to think I am...and neither is Mr. Trump. Not everyone who is ethical and moral is an Evangelical Christian. And our party cannot limit itself to leaders who only come from that background. Its disturbing that you see anyone not fitting your own profile as a degenerate. As for degradation of women, that's just plain ridiculous. The man has daughters who adore him and who are strong, successful women in their own right...how is that degrading?
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2016, 01:12:13 am »
check for yourself. Gary Johnson

Let's see: two term fiscally conservative governor of a purple state, vetoed a mountain of bills, successful businessman prior to that.  Gary Johnson it is. 

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2016, 01:12:51 am »
A real damned shame. [...] the American people threw him under the bus. So be it. They made their decision let them live with it.

#nevertrump

YEP

But not so bad - Now I can forget about all this crap and go do something important - Like fishing... I see a lot of fishing for me this summer.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2016, 01:13:45 am »
Actually, it is the trumpansies... more than Scam Wow himself who have insured I will not vote for trump.  Good job keeping that record going strong.

Cut your nose to spite that already-hidden face. 

And possibly hand the nation to the Commies in the process.

Nice....

Run along, sport.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline kjam22

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2016, 01:14:13 am »
Not everyone who is ethical and moral is an Evangelical Christian.

LOL.... You realize King Trumpy is none of those.... right????  Not ethical, not moral, and not an evangelical Christian.... 
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2016, 01:14:28 am »

I'll probably be going that same route this year and voting Gary Johnson this Nov if, in fact, he is the nominee for the LP

Naw, just go ahead and vote directly for Hillary. Same thing in the end...only a Hillary vote from you would be more honest.

geronl

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2016, 01:15:25 am »
I will never consider myself a Republican again.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2016, 01:15:54 am »
There fixed it for you 13291

So you want a dictator?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

geronl

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2016, 01:16:38 am »
I hope I can stay a member of this forum even though I'm not a Republican.

Offline uglybiker

« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2016, 01:17:13 am »
It's kind of ironic that Republicans have been screaming for years that they wanted another Ronald Reagan.
But when it came down to it, they chose another Lyndon Johnson.
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2016, 01:17:53 am »
Naw, just go ahead and vote directly for Hillary. Same thing in the end...only a Hillary vote from you would be more honest.

No

I'm just consistent in my conservatism. I don't get why the Trump supporters believe a big, intrusive, growing Federal Government will somehow work under Trump :shrug:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2016, 01:19:15 am »
Don't give up hope, it could still happen. They will soon be harder and harder to find, though, so he'll need to do it pretty darn soon!

Yep, us little drama queens gonna be what we are.  Don't worry about us.  We're only a few, insignificant voters, and Trump will bring you the world.  You are correct, that you won't be able to find us.

Age 60, Bible-believing Christian (ALL of the Bible, 22 year Navy Veteran (Active + Reserve), married 30 years, father of two patriotic kids, GOP since first election 1974, and as of tomorrow, my voter registration changes.

#NeverTrump
#NeverGOP
#ForeverChristian

... and not looking back.   Enjoy the fascist world that YOU just created, Mesaclone.  (hahha..hah...look at the "cruzer" going whacko - and it begins)

Offline Fantom

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2016, 01:19:48 am »

Lets see... a coruptcrat vrs a coruptocrat...... the trump/hillary ticket is the same one.

I will pass on both. Thank you.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2016, 01:21:21 am »
No

I'm just consistent in my conservatism. I don't get why the Trump supporters believe a big, intrusive, growing Federal Government will somehow work under Trump :shrug:

The next President will be Hillary Clinton or Not Hillary Clinton. Your vote will be part of what decides that.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2016, 01:21:45 am »
No

Yeah right... although Il Duce did make the trains run on time.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

geronl

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2016, 01:22:09 am »
It's kind of ironic that Republicans have been screaming for years that they wanted another Ronald Reagan.
But when it came down to it, they chose another Lyndon Johnson.

exactly. If Trump is a Republican then I am not.

Offline kjam22

« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2016, 01:22:34 am »
Lets see... a coruptcrat vrs a coruptocrat...... the trump/hillary ticket is the same one.

I think the only real difference between Hillary and King Trumpy..... is she wears larger jackets......
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2016, 01:22:54 am »

Than Hillary is your girl. Nice work.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2016, 01:23:11 am »
The next President will be Hillary Clinton or Not Hillary Clinton. Your vote will be part of what decides that.

For small government conservatives...Hillary may just be the lessor of two weasels.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2016, 01:23:25 am »
Ted Cruz drops out of presidential race

Its over, now we come together against Hillary.

No, #NeverTrump.  You think we will change our minds.  Think again.  Why would a vote for a loony tune like Trump?  The guy is nuts.  I still plan on writing in Cruz.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2016, 01:24:09 am »
I'm a conservative. I'm certainly not a Republican. And I most certainly will not be pulling the lever for Trump.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2016, 01:24:10 am »

We'll agree to disagree on Trump

You prefer authoritarianism

I prefer conservatism.

And neither are going to change the others mind regardless on how many times we post back and forth

Barry Goldwater