Author Topic: Ted Cruz drops out of presidential race  (Read 67868 times)

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
Re: Ted Cruz drops out of presidential race
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2016, 01:25:42 am »
Drama queen central here tonight.

My guy lost...so the world is over, the party has gone immoral and demons are runnin' wild in the streets. Oh my!

Good gravy, Chicken Little.
There could be more truth in what you say than you know:

From Our Lady of Akita, October 13, 1973

"My dear daughter, listen well to what I have to say to you. You will inform your superior."

After a short silence:

"As I told you, if men do not repent and better themselves, the Father will inflict a terrible punishment on all humanity. It will be a punishment greater than the deluge, such as one never seen before. Fire will fall from the sky and will wipe out a great part of humanity, the good as well as the bad, sparing neither priests nor faithful. The survivors will find themselves so desolate that they will envy the dead. The only arms which will remain for you will be the Rosary and the Sign left by My Son. Each day recite the prayers of the Rosary. With the Rosary, pray for the Pope, the bishops and priests."

"The work of the devil will infiltrate even into the Church in such a way that one will see cardinals opposing cardinals, bishops against bishops. The priests who venerate me will be scorned and opposed by their confreres...churches and altars sacked; the Church will be full of those who accept compromises and the demon will press many priests and consecrated souls to leave the service of the Lord."

"The demon will be especially implacable against souls consecrated to God. The thought of the loss of so many souls is the cause of my sadness. If sins increase in number and gravity, there will be no longer pardon for them."

https://www.ewtn.com/library/MARY/AKITA.HTM
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 01:29:30 am by mlizzy »
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2016, 01:26:05 am »
We had a chance to turn the tide on Progressivism with Cruz, and instead we embraced a true Progressive in Donald Trump.

The left has won.

The country is over.

Yep. I won't take part in it. I'll go politically Galt before I back that buffoon.

I'm a conservative which means I *can't* vote for Trump.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline kjam22

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2016, 01:26:33 am »
The next President will be Hillary Clinton or Not Hillary Clinton. Your vote will be part of what decides that.

The truth is my vote will have no effect.   I live in the Reddest state in the US.   Oklahoma.  The state that voted every county against Obama last time.   My vote will only effect me.  I can lower myself, my standards.... abandon my values and beliefs and vote for Hillary or King Trumpy..... or I can sit it out.  Me sitting it out will have no impact on the election.   But, I'm not going to abandon my beliefs and values just because the crazies nominated King Trumpy to run against Hitlery.    Not ever going to happen.  I'm not voting for either of them.....
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2016, 01:26:53 am »
No, #NeverTrump.  You think we will change our minds.  Think again.  Why would a vote for a loony tune like Trump?  The guy is nuts.  I still plan on writing in Cruz.

I'm going with the 'Bert candidate if he is on my state ballot. If not then I will write in Ted.

However as gracious as the trumpansies are in victory... I may vote for Hillary as the lessor of two weasels.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2016, 01:27:31 am »

My guy lost...so the world is over, the party has gone immoral and demons are runnin' wild in the streets. Oh my!

Good luck with your election thingy. And, God forbid, administration thingy.

We'll see who is squawking later. We'll also see who will be able to say, "Don't blame me."
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline The Jackal

• #nevertrump
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2016, 01:28:29 am »
No. What you had was a candidate who could win the 20% of Americans who are Evangelical conservatives...with no chance whatsoever of winning a general election. Now, there's a chance...it'll be a very tough fight with the AlwaysHillaryRepubs (who call themselves NeverTrumps) taking their ball and going home. But the chances are still vastly better than a Cruz ticket would have had.

What we had was a principled conservative. The rightful inheritor of the Tea party movement which secured the House and the Senate for the Republican party. Trump supporters fell for the shiny thing lying in the gutter and abandoned all semblance of principle in their effort to grab it. Win or lose conservatives could've held their head up in a Cruz v. Clinton match up. Some people are not willing to sell their soul for a cult of personality and a potential win in 2016. To think that so-called conservatives could be taken in by a fraud who says, "through the sheer force of my personality I can take the reigns of the federal government and make it do by bidding," is pathological. And they will suffer for it, either in a Clinton or a Trump victory. Problem is, we all will pay for it as well.

#nevertrump

Offline Fantom

« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2016, 01:29:01 am »
The truth is my vote will have no effect.   I live in the Reddest state in the US.   Oklahoma.  The state that voted every county against Obama last time.   My vote will only effect me.  I can lower myself, my standards.... abandon my values and beliefs and vote for Hillary or King Trumpy..... or I can sit it out.  Me sitting it out will have no impact on the election.   But, I'm not going to abandon my beliefs and values just because the crazies nominated King Trumpy to run against Hitlery.    Not ever going to happen.  I'm not voting for either of them.....

Same situation here.

Oklahoma. I guess we both have an easy path on this one.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2016, 01:29:10 am »
For small government conservatives...Hillary may just be the lessor of two weasels.

That's your call of course.

But there's a reason the Left intensely hates Trump, and it ain't 'cause he's just like Hillary on the issues.

I'll walk away from this discussion, as its pointless to try and talk down someone who thinks Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are not vastly separated by their stances on nearly every major issue. Its just not a reasonable position you're asserting, its an emotional one...and nobody can talk you out of your emotions. Nor should they try.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

geronl

« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2016, 01:29:57 am »

My guy lost the primary and I will have to look for a new candidate. It won't be the degenerate twins of Trump and Hillary, that is for certain.

I am also hoping to help the Constitution Party get a foothold in this state.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2016, 01:30:42 am »
Cut your nose to spite that already-hidden face. 

And possibly hand the nation to the Commies in the process.

Nice....

Run along, sport.

Bzzt - team Trump is wholly to blame for the hole they dug for themselves. The #NeverTrump crowd was quite clear for the get-go. Sorry you couldn't figure that out.
1. Trump is never wrong.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2016, 01:30:44 am »
The line forming outside Trump's door extends down the hallway...it's the GOPe waiting to speak to The Godfather.   

Don't forget to kiss his ring.  :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

geronl

« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2016, 01:32:34 am »

Trumps own behavior on the campaign trail, his own flip-flops, his own statements, his own vulgar nastiness tells me everything I need to know about him, plus his own sordid, corrupt, perverted history just adds on top of that.

I wouldn't spit on him if he were on fire.

geronl

« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2016, 01:33:26 am »
The line forming outside Trump's door extends down the hallway...it's the GOPe waiting to speak to The Godfather.   

Trump was never an outsider, that was just one of a million lies he has told.

Offline kjam22

« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2016, 01:34:09 am »
Trumps own behavior on the campaign trail, his own flip-flops, his own statements, his own vulgar nastiness tells me everything I need to know about him, plus his own sordid, corrupt, perverted history just adds on top of that.

I wouldn't spit on him if he were on fire.

That pretty well sums it up.....
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2016, 01:34:33 am »
I think the only real difference between Hillary and King Trumpy..... is she wears larger jackets......

Trump did it.  He bought the Presidency.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2016, 01:35:41 am »

Don't forget to kiss his ring.  :laugh:

How apropos. And just a reminder why I will not vote for Scam Wow. 

I wonder, is it too early to speak of impeachment should trump somehow win? Beware Ceasar.. the Ides of March as this may well be something the GOPE and democrats can agree on.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2016, 01:35:49 am »
Bzzt - team Trump is wholly to blame for the hole they dug for themselves. The #NeverTrump crowd was quite clear for the get-go. Sorry you couldn't figure that out.

So childish, just plain rank immaturity.

Think, man. If every supporter of every candidate takes a Never_____ approach to the candidate who wins the primaries...than our party will be divided and lose every election. Its not a matter of ethics, its a matter of common sense and intellect. As was said, you cut off your face to spite your nose...and you're reply about "being quite clear" just confirms that your doing so. Look in the mirror when Hillary appoints the next 3 SCJ...because THAT will be "quite clear" as well, and have clear consequences for Evangelicals and Conservatives alike for a very long time.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2016, 01:36:49 am »
I have both...and three daughters to boot. Two who are now grown and very successful young ladies, and another who's in a Gifted program here in Arizona. So you see, I'm not the boogey-man you seem to think I am...and neither is Mr. Trump. Not everyone who is ethical and moral is an Evangelical Christian. And our party cannot limit itself to leaders who only come from that background. Its disturbing that you see anyone not fitting your own profile as a degenerate. As for degradation of women, that's just plain ridiculous. The man has daughters who adore him and who are strong, successful women in their own right...how is that degrading?

I never saw you as a "bogey man" Mesaclone.  Only deluded and deceived.

But I do love how you bring in that I-hate-Evangelical-Christian rot into the discussion.

Are you going to ask me again how old I think the earth is so you can tell me how stupid Christians are?

Donald Trump IS a degenerate.  That may not bother you (obviously, it doesn't), but it bothers a lot of people, Christian and non-Christian alike.

It seems that the only one who imagines 'bogeymen' in the world is you.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2016, 01:37:16 am »
What does this say about the people who believe that DT is the answer to America's concerns.
Who among us speaks to their friends, co workers, neighbors in the manner that DT did to all those with whom he disagreed.

Do you speak to your parents, your children, your in laws in such a disrespectful manner.

Does being rich mean that society's norms don't apply to you?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2016, 01:39:03 am »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2016, 01:39:53 am »
Trump was never an outsider, that was just one of a million lies he has told.

But that was probably the biggest lie.

Mr Establishment, Donor class pretending to be an 'outsider.'

It's unbelievable that so many fell for it.  Some of them intelligent people too....    **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2016, 01:40:08 am »

But I do love how you bring in that I-hate-Evangelical-Christian rot into the discussion. Nowhere did I express any hatred to Evangelicals

Are you going to ask me again how old I think the earth is so you can tell me how stupid Christians are? That would depend upon your answer.

Donald Trump IS a degenerate.  That may not bother you (obviously, it doesn't), but it bothers a lot of people, Christian and non-Christian alike. Sounds a lot like casting the first stone to me. And I'm not "OK" with it, I simply disagree with your subjective assertion that he is a "degenerate".

It seems that the only one who imagines 'bogeymen' in the world is you. You all but accused me of supporting the degradation of women. I can assure nobody you'll meet loves and respects women more than this father of three.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 01:41:10 am by Mesaclone »

Offline Fantom

« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2016, 01:40:21 am »

But I do love how you bring in that I-hate-Evangelical-Christian rot into the discussion.

Are you going to ask me again how old I think the earth is so you can tell me how stupid Christians are?

Donald Trump IS a degenerate.  That may not bother you (obviously, it doesn't), but it bothers a lot of people, Christian and non-Christian alike.

It seems that the only one who imagines 'bogeymen' in the world is you.

Yep, they just do not see it.  :beer:

Frederick Douglass

geronl

« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2016, 01:40:25 am »
Yes it is.  Those who supported the LJ/Howard Sternish candidate own this.  I want nothing to do with it.

Same.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2016, 01:40:32 am »
Mescalone.........did your daughter's father ever suggest that she has a great figure and if she wasn't my daughter I would date her?

Do I have to be an evangelical Christian to find that comment troubling. 
I have daughters too, nice to know yours are brilliant and gifted, but I cannot imagine their father thinking about dating them.  Does yours?