Author Topic: Ted Cruz drops out of presidential race  (Read 68136 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Re: Ted Cruz drops out of presidential race
« Reply #125 on: May 04, 2016, 02:20:20 am »
But that was probably the biggest lie.

Mr Establishment, Donor class pretending to be an 'outsider.'

It's unbelievable that so many fell for it.  Some of them intelligent people too....    **nononono*

They sure spent a lot of time and energy trying to fight an insider.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline kjam22

« Reply #126 on: May 04, 2016, 02:21:27 am »
Strangely, I am at peace.  We did what we could, so did Ted.

Now, a tempest of Statism rolls down upon us.. no matter who wins. All we can do is resist and prepare for the storm. Take care of our People..our loved ones and ..most importantly..Not lie down.

Obviously it is going to get worse....resist. But stay happy.

We live in OKC.... but have little ranch in SE Oklahoma. Cows, barns, house, river, pond, pasture, and lots of trees...... Way way off the grid.    Pretty much self sufficient there.  We'll probably be living there someday.....
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #127 on: May 04, 2016, 02:23:31 am »
We live in OKC.... but have little ranch in SE Oklahoma. Cows, barns, house, river, pond, pasture, and lots of trees...... Way way off the grid.    Pretty much self sufficient there.  We'll probably be living there someday.....
Do you have room for two more? We'll do chores.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fantom

« Reply #128 on: May 04, 2016, 02:24:23 am »
Or, Who is John Galt?
#NeverTrump
Victoria33

There you go...resist.

Heinlein makes some good points about existing in a hostile government. You give all outward appearance of submission.."kiss the ring" someone in this thread said. Then you go about your life...supporting your People.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #129 on: May 04, 2016, 02:24:49 am »
Yep. I won't take part in it. I'll go politically Galt before I back that buffoon.

Exactly.  "Who is John Galt?"  After tonight, I am also "gone Galt".  I only vote for conservatives and Trump is not one and he is also crazy.

Offline kjam22

« Reply #130 on: May 04, 2016, 02:25:01 am »
Do you have room for two more? We'll do chores.

You bet!   Can you work cattle??
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #131 on: May 04, 2016, 02:26:44 am »
Strangely, I am at peace.  We did what we could, so did Ted.

Now, a tempest of Statism rolls down upon us.. no matter who wins. All we can do is resist and prepare for the storm. Take care of our People..our loved ones and ..most importantly..Not lie down.

Obviously it is going to get worse....resist. But stay happy.

Well, my faith is in Jesus Christ, so I'm fine...... but I did so love this country.  With a deep passion.

And now I don't.  I love where we came from, but I don't love what we have become.

I'll be better later on, but now, I mourn the loss of the Grand Experiment called America.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #132 on: May 04, 2016, 02:27:53 am »

You'd better be careful or two thirds of this board will be joining you for dinner.  :patriot:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline EtX

• Ready for Trump
« Reply #133 on: May 04, 2016, 02:28:26 am »
Ted Cruz drops out of presidential race

Ted Cruz is quitting the presidential race, according to campaign manager Jeff Roe, ending one of the best-organized campaigns of 2016 after a series of stinging defeats left Donald Trump as the only candidate capable of clinching the nomination outright.

Cruz had appeared likely to go all the way to the Republican convention, but a string of massive losses in the Northeast, and his subsequent defeat in Indiana, appear to have convinced him there’s no way forward.

John Kasich, however, pledged on Tuesday night to stay in the race until a candidate reaches 1,237 bound delegates.

From the start, Cruz has premised his candidacy on the idea that 2016 would be an election driven by resentment toward the established GOP order. It was a strategy that looked prescient as Cruz steadily rose in the polls throughout 2015 and broke into the top tier in Iowa in early 2016.

But what Cruz did not expect — what no one expected — is that he would be outmatched and outstripped in outsider anger by Trump. Cruz had maintained a fragile truce with Trump all of last year, but by the time he turned on the front-runner, the Manhattan businessman had already captured the voters Cruz was hoping would fuel his candidacy.

Cruz lost Indiana after pulling out all the stops: he struck a nonaggression pact with John Kasich. He bought TV ads. His supportive super PACs bought TV ads. He blitzed the Sunday shows. He barnstormed the state on a bus tour. He got the governor’s endorsement. He even named his running mate.

Losing despite all that represented the final nail in the coffin of Cruz’s months-long claim that conservatives were coalescing around his insurgent candidacy.

In early 2016, it had appeared that Cruz had executed masterfully his plan to consolidate conservatives and emerge as Trump’s main rival. In Iowa, he drove Govs. Rick Perry, Bobby Jindal and Scott Walker out of the race before the caucuses — and then crushed the two reigning winners, Mike Huckabee and Rick Santorum, on caucus day.

Even as he exited the race, Cruz had far surpassed most expectations in 2016, particularly in fundraising, as he tapped both big donors and an army of small ones as he became one of the race’s best-financed candidates. His constellation of super PACs raised the second most to Jeb Bush among Republicans last year. And ahead of super Tuesday, his campaign bragged about more than 200,000 volunteers nationwide.

For a 45-year-old only halfway through his first term in the Senate, those could be the building blocks of the future, especially for a Republican Party that, until 2016 at least, had long rewarded candidates seasoned by previous losing campaigns.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/ted-cruz-drops-out-of-presidential-race-222763

Its over, now we come together against Hillary.

No it is not over...... Hope you have your seat belts on real snug this is about to take a sharp left turn. 

We are now going to be faced with the Fabulous choice of Bill or Hitlery Klintoon.
The difference between Slick and Nasty is that Slick had the political sense to know when to shut up.

As America was well warned, Here's your Republic, as long as you can keep it.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #134 on: May 04, 2016, 02:29:34 am »

Blackwell here.

Have ten acres or so, I get by.  Most importantly.. we are in a good part of the country. Baja Oklahoma to the south...Kansas North.... It will do.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #135 on: May 04, 2016, 02:30:25 am »
The Electoral map doesn't favor Trump, it'll be a miracle if Hitlery isn't elected.

Hitlary is officially now the lesser of two evils. We can either limp along as we are now under her or have to endure Tariff Wars, nationalized banks and a muzzled press under him.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #136 on: May 04, 2016, 02:30:28 am »
I hope I can stay a member of this forum even though I'm not a Republican.
This  is a conservative forum. We have principles,  even if the GOP lost theirs. We will stay.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #137 on: May 04, 2016, 02:31:43 am »
Well, my faith is in Jesus Christ, so I'm fine...... but I did so love this country.  With a deep passion.

And now I don't.  I love where we came from, but I don't love what we have become.

I'll be better later on, but now, I mourn the loss of the Grand Experiment called America.
What makes it worse is that we were not only the first major republic, we were also the last bastion of freedom. The Obama administration, and the social networking revolution, has erased most of that. Zealotry in the name of hedonism has taken over.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

« Reply #138 on: May 04, 2016, 02:32:05 am »
Uh, sure!  ^-^

Offline Fantom

« Reply #139 on: May 04, 2016, 02:36:51 am »
I was so optimistic at the beginning of the primaries.  I thought we had an excellent chance to elect a conservative, principled President and add to the numbers of true conservatives in the House and Senate.

Welcome here newest poster.  :patriot:

Frederick Douglass

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #140 on: May 04, 2016, 02:38:43 am »
I hear some liberal doofus GOP lady on the radio right now trying to spin this as being about Ted and his awful conservative social issues.  She is loony.  Ted did better against the Rump than any of the moderates did.  In the end it is just that thuggery works.  Being a jerk and a bully is what too many voters wanted.  Issues were not even important to them.  When they were, the Rump could please everyone because he took all sides of every issue.   And the Rump lied and lied and smeared EVERYONE who got in his way.  The media aided him big time.  All things considered, Cruz did remarkably well precisely BECAUSE he is a solid and trustworthy constitutional conservative, NOT in spite of it.

I am amazed at what passes for a lie in the world of Trump. Expressing an opinion on the impact of Trump's stated past positions (not his fraudulent position papers written by Jeff Session's flunky) became lies.

Further amazed that these "debates" were allowed to be turned into clown shows by Trump. Anyone who thinks the general election debate moderators won't cut his MIC when he starts talking over Hillary in a debate is delusional.

Trump is not capable of either explaining why his "policy proposals" will work and why Hillary's won't. She is going to hand him his behind in debates, because the moderators will insist on a demeanor that that the Pubbie moderators didn't. It is going to get ugly. Hope Jr. has the paddles handy, because Trump is going to need them.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 02:52:13 am by Gov Bean Counter »
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline musiclady

« Reply #141 on: May 04, 2016, 02:39:44 am »
This  is a conservative forum. We have principles,  even if the GOP lost theirs. We will stay.

Good reminder.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #142 on: May 04, 2016, 02:42:34 am »
Hitlary is officially now the lesser of two evils. We can either limp along as we are now under her or have to endure Tariff Wars, nationalized banks and a muzzled press under him.

Just wait until some industrious individual finds a way to get remittances to Mexico and hide them with legitimate transfers from American citizens. Trump will double down on stupid, because nobody gets the upper hand on Donny and his next step will look a lot like tyranny.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 02:52:49 am by Gov Bean Counter »
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #143 on: May 04, 2016, 02:50:26 am »
It's all about one issue now.....defeating the Leftists

Go to sleep tonight with that on your mind.

Please
Wise advice
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline verga

« Reply #144 on: May 04, 2016, 02:59:38 am »
A real damned shame. We had the conservative we've been fighting for since 2009 when Rick Santelli made his impassioned plea on the floor of the Chicago Board of Trade. And the American people threw him under the bus. So be it. They made their decision let them live with it.

#nevertrump
This has ruined my night. I really thought he would pull it out at the convention.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #145 on: May 04, 2016, 03:01:06 am »
I hope I am still going to get my Cruz/Fiorina t-shirt and buttons that I ordered.  I plan on wearing that shirt all summer long.

I wish now that I had ordered those.  They would advertise that I'm not responsible for electing the jerk whose pretending to be a Republican nominee for President.....

I never like to be blamed for what I tried to prevent.

Offline verga

« Reply #146 on: May 04, 2016, 03:01:55 am »
We had a chance to turn the tide on Progressivism with Cruz, and instead we embraced a true Progressive in Donald Trump.

The left has won.

The country is over.
How long will it take the Trumpites to realize they have been duped?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #147 on: May 04, 2016, 03:06:08 am »
How long will it take the Trumpites to realize they have been duped?

I imagine a few of them already know it deep inside but would never admit it............ at least not yet.

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
« Reply #148 on: May 04, 2016, 03:07:18 am »
A real damned shame. We had the conservative we've been fighting for since 2009 when Rick Santelli made his impassioned plea on the floor of the Chicago Board of Trade. And the American people threw him under the bus. So be it. They made their decision let them live with it.

#nevertrump

Yep.  It's totally inexplicable, sad, and depressing.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 03:08:14 am by Eowyn »

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #149 on: May 04, 2016, 03:08:09 am »
bttt ..

LIVE Donald Trump Press Conference Indiana Primary Full Victory SPEECH (5-3-16)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y5nptvoStQ