Author Topic: Trump accuses Cruz's father of helping JFK's assassin  (Read 19779 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Trump accuses Cruz's father of helping JFK's assassin
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2016, 03:59:53 pm »
I don't get to hear Glenn Beck often but this morning I did hear Senator Cruz on GB.

Cruz said Drudge Report has been given over to Roger Stone.

I myself, consider most JFK conspiracy theories to be bunk and believe in the Lone Gunman.

But Stone wrote that book accusing LBJ of the assassination, so, I think it's probably clear who dreamed this story up and as said, Trump seems to know who owns and runs National Enquirer.

It is amazing, I've never seen the National Enquirer really sell at the Supermarket but when I went the past week,  checking how many were on hand, a number were sold.  I didn't get one, I just figured I could find out elsewhere what they were basically saying.

They have these experts but they could have "cherry picked" the experts until they found some who said what they wanted.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2016, 04:00:21 pm »
This, the latest such outburst, shows why Donald Trump doesn't have the proper mental stability or temperament to serve as President.  Ever.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2016, 04:07:45 pm »
I can honestly say that, in the last six months, I have not read a single Trump supporter on this site ever disavowing a single thing he's said.  They change the subject, attack the messenger, scream "liberal",  impugn the poster for putting up the article in the first place, or excuse it with "well, he's rough around the edges."

But deny that their Donald said anything wrong or worthy of condemnation?  Never.

You are absolutely correct about that.

A simple "He shouldn't have said that" would go a very long way in changing the impression Trump supporters give that they don't analyze anything objectively about Trump.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2016, 04:08:58 pm »
This campaign is beyond bizarre.  I honestly do not know how I can ever bring myself to vote for this man if he is the nominee.  Every time I am about to reconcile myself to it, he does something like this.  We can only hope the people of Indiana heard this before they went to the polls today.

Yep.  The unfortunate part of this is that orange-headed carnival barker is so far ahead in the delegate count he won't be caught, but he'll be thoroughly destroyed in the general election.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 04:10:32 pm by ScottinVA »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2016, 04:09:35 pm »
Nutty Website Alert but it does have a Cuban mugshot of Rafael Cruz when in Havana apparently.

http://agenda21radio.com/?p=24775

You can't really tell anything from the photos, you'd need more.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2016, 04:10:43 pm »
Honest reason, but I have to ask, where in the Constitution is being a wrench part of the job duty of the President? Remember, we are hiring someone to be Commander in Chief of the United States Armed Forces. The first and foremost responsibility of that role is to the young men and women who pledge their lives to this country. The role of the President isn't a political game. Young people's lives are literally on the line. It isn't about who screams at the so-called establishment the loudest. It isn't about a R or D on a jersey, it is about those young people who stand their with their right hands raised and swear their lives to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States of America.

Those people deserve better than a monkey wrench vote.

Thank you for that post, AbaraXas.

The idea that being President is just part of some game to destroy the system is, IMO, bizarre, and shows no knowledge of the Constitution or history.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2016, 04:16:39 pm »
SOP.  That's what Cruz supporters are reduced to having to do to help their losing candidate.  They have to selectively edit, post from known anti-Trump sites that have no credibility - except to liberals, fling personal insults to Trump's supporters, question your Christianity if you don't fall into line with Glenn Beck and Ted Cruz.....

......that's all they can do at this point.  Their guy is going down and they are going through the various stages of grief. 

I notice you conveniently omitted parts of the quote that show Trump as foursquare behind this insane theory: 

----
“His father was with Lee Harvey Oswald prior to Oswald's being — you know, shot. I mean, the whole thing is ridiculous,” Trump said Tuesday during a phone interview with Fox News. “What is this, right prior to his being shot, and nobody even brings it up. They don't even talk about that. That was reported, and nobody talks about it.”

“I mean, what was he doing — what was he doing with Lee Harvey Oswald shortly before the death? Before the shooting?” Trump continued. “It’s horrible.”
----

The truth really can be your friend. 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 04:35:26 pm by ScottinVA »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2016, 04:22:59 pm »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline flowers

« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2016, 04:24:42 pm »
*cringe*

I know this will be an extremely unpopular opinion here, but I'm about 90% sure Ted Cruz is a sociopath. Everything about him seems scripted and fake. He's just another crony fighting for the status quo; the right wing's Hillary Clinton.
Good post.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2016, 04:35:20 pm »
Trump should think twice about raising anybody else's father's history:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/02/28/in-1927-donald-trumps-father-was-arrested-after-a-klan-riot-in-queens/

In 1927, Donald Trump’s father was arrested after a Klan riot in Queens

Offline TomSea

« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2016, 04:39:48 pm »
If this is Rafael in 1967, it doesn't look like the '63 photo to me.

Per same article on 1st photo: http://agenda21radio.com/?p=24775

That's only a 4 year difference; the hairline is much higher in the color ('67) photo.

Conspiracies is a garbage cottage industry for the likes of A. Jones and Stone. Not meaning to offend, Alex Jones could say some true things but he says so many things that are asinine, I wouldn't know to believe him if he told the truth.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 04:44:32 pm by TomSea »

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2016, 04:49:05 pm »
I can respect that POV even if I disagree, because it's honest, and not delusional.

My question, though, is what exactly do you expect him to accomplish?  As I see it, the "machine" you're talking about are the two parties, and he can't really do much to the Democrats.  But what is he really going to accomplish even with respect to the GOP?    It's not like he's leading a mass movement at all levels of government.  To date, not a single incumbent GOP member of Congress has lost a primary.  He's not encouraging his supporters to join the party and try to change the rules, or the party representation, or anything that might affect structural change within the GOP.  And as far as I can tell, he hasn't gotten behind a single primary challenger -- it's all been just about him so far.

I'm not trying to drag the discussion down, but the analogy that pops to mind is the proverbial fart in a church.  Yes, it's stinky and offends everyone, but after it dissipates...has anything really changed?  I understand the emotion behind the sentiment -- I just don't see how you get from Point A to Point B.

Sometimes desperation makes you run with an incomplete strategy. I'm not sure what he can accomplish; I just know that I don't believe we can fix the problems we face without shaking things up dramatically. I also know that establishment politicians on both sides are soiling themselves at the thought of president Trump.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2016, 04:50:24 pm »
It can be difficult parsing the typical Trump word salad. But I think it was pretty clear what Trump was saying.  But Trump supporters tend to parse his words to mean whatever they want it to mean.

@Bruce Campbells Chin

“He very clearly links Cruz' father to the whole thing.”

blij26

Yep.

I heard the audio of Trump on when he was on Fox and Friends. He clearly said it.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Dexter

« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2016, 04:54:16 pm »
Honest reason, but I have to ask, where in the Constitution is being a wrench part of the job duty of the President? Remember, we are hiring someone to be Commander in Chief of the United States Armed Forces. The first and foremost responsibility of that role is to the young men and women who pledge their lives to this country. The role of the President isn't a political game. Young people's lives are literally on the line. It isn't about who screams at the so-called establishment the loudest. It isn't about a R or D on a jersey, it is about those young people who stand their with their right hands raised and swear their lives to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States of America.

Those people deserve better than a monkey wrench vote.

It seems to me that Trump is less interested in war than almost any other candidate running. In my view that is supporting and protecting the troops. Desperate times call for desperate measures. If the powers that be hadn't perverted our constitution and country to the extent that they have then I wouldn't be forced to play such a desperate hand.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 04:57:11 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2016, 04:55:26 pm »
Sometimes desperation makes you run with an incomplete strategy. I'm not sure what he can accomplish; I just know that I don't believe we can fix the problems we face without shaking things up dramatically. I also know that establishment politicians on both sides are soiling themselves at the thought of president Trump.

And for some perverted reason, that just tickles the hell out of you. 

I'm nervous too because I think Trump is an ignorant bully who understands one way of operating.  He doesn't respect our country, our government or other people.  A dangerous combination.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2016, 04:56:40 pm »
It seems to me that Trump is less interested in war than almost any other candidate running. To my view that is supporting and protecting the troops. Desperate times call for desperate measures. If the powers that be hadn't perverted our constitution and this country to the extent that they have then I wouldn't be forced to play a desperate hand.

Yet you back a man who has likely never read the Constitution.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2016, 05:03:07 pm »
that just tickles the hell out of you. 

Hell yes it does. The government and its minions are not out to help us. They're out to expand their own power wherever and however possible. The fact that they collectively fear an outsider running for office should interest you.

I'm nervous too because I think Trump is an ignorant bully who understands one way of operating.  He doesn't respect our country, our government or other people.  A dangerous combination.

There is always a leap of faith when you're fighting for change. The status quo has failed us; I'm willing to take risks.
-Socrates

Offline flowers

« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2016, 05:06:13 pm »
Hell yes it does. The government and its minions are not out to help us. They're out to expand their own power wherever and however possible. The fact that they collectively fear an outsider running for office should interest you.

There is always a leap of faith when you're fighting for change. The status quo has failed us; I'm willing to take risks.
Bingo!!!!!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2016, 05:07:21 pm »
The status quo has failed us; I'm willing to take risks.

Foolish risks?  Existential risks?   Risks that will leave the Dems in charge of all three branches of government?

I can never forgive the Trumpsters for their abject selfishness.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline musiclady

« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2016, 05:13:18 pm »
It seems to me that Trump is less interested in war than almost any other candidate running. In my view that is supporting and protecting the troops. Desperate times call for desperate measures. If the powers that be hadn't perverted our constitution and country to the extent that they have then I wouldn't be forced to play such a desperate hand.

How do you get that Trump "is less interested in war" when he has said we should kill the wives and children of terrorists?  Deliberately.

That is as egregious an act of war as any candidate has proposed.

If you like him because you think he is a pacifist like you are, Dexter, you are sadly mistaken.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 05:13:39 pm by musiclady »

Offline Dexter

« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2016, 05:13:36 pm »
Foolish risks?  Existential risks?   Risks that will leave the Dems in charge of all three branches of government?

I can never forgive the Trumpsters for their abject selfishness.   

Seer Jazzhead, I need to get these student loans paid off. Can you tell me the winning lottery numbers?
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2016, 05:15:25 pm »

There is a difference between taking a "leap of faith" and plunging headlong into an abyss you know will occur if you take that "risk."

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2016, 05:26:56 pm »
Seer Jazzhead, I need to get these student loans paid off. Can you tell me the winning lottery numbers?

Act rationally.  Support a candidate who can win and who will encourage economic growth.   Unfortunately,  it may be too late for that now.    So,  yeah,  hoping a winning lottery ticket will solve your problems makes as much sense as supporting Donald Trump.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2016, 05:32:18 pm »
This campaign is beyond bizarre.  I honestly do not know how I can ever bring myself to vote for this man if he is the nominee.  Every time I am about to reconcile myself to it, he does something like this.  We can only hope the people of Indiana heard this before they went to the polls today.
I feel the same way. The thought of Hillary Clinton - or any Democrat, frankly - in the White House come January plunges me into deep depression. But what the heck? Is the incoherent orange guy the best the Republicans can do?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2016, 05:35:29 pm »
Good post.

@Dexter, @flowers, really?  And, what criteria do you use for your diagnosis?