Author Topic: Trump accuses Cruz's father of helping JFK's assassin  (Read 19783 times)

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Trump accuses Cruz's father of helping JFK's assassin
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2016, 02:50:50 pm »
Conservatives should know better then to trust Political to tell the truth.

Trump said it was ridiculous.

““His father was with Lee Harvey Oswald prior to Oswald’s being — you know, shot. I mean, the whole thing is ridiculous,” “

Where is ALL that he said, not just a select little bit?

They omitted where he called it ridiculous.

Talk about jumping the gun on bad info...

SOP.  That's what Cruz supporters are reduced to having to do to help their losing candidate.  They have to selectively edit, post from known anti-Trump sites that have no credibility - except to liberals, fling personal insults to Trump's supporters, question your Christianity if you don't fall into line with Glenn Beck and Ted Cruz.....

......that's all they can do at this point.  Their guy is going down and they are going through the various stages of grief. 

Now, they're running around claiming the end of the world is nigh:

888ohnoes

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2016, 02:55:13 pm »
*cringe*

I know this will be an extremely unpopular opinion here, but I'm about 90% sure Ted Cruz is a sociopath. Everything about him seems scripted and fake. He's just another crony fighting for the status quo; the right wing's Hillary Clinton.

He may be, but what's Trump?  Trump suffers from extreme narcissistic pathology, which means he is obsessively focused on himself, self-aggrandizes to a bizarre extent, and demeans others to make himself look better.

Cruz is not dangerous.  Trump IS dangerous.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2016, 02:55:34 pm »
*cringe*

I know this will be an extremely unpopular opinion here, but I'm about 90% sure Ted Cruz is a sociopath. Everything about him seems scripted and fake. He's just another crony fighting for the status quo; the right wing's Hillary Clinton.

Cruz' problem is social awkwardness disfunction.  Now if you want to talk about Trump, now there is a sociopath....   ie. narcissistic, megalomaniac, Uber-Projective.  I'm 99% sure he clinically guilty on all these counts of behavior disorders.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline politicalwit

• MedRecruiterUSA, LLC
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2016, 02:55:59 pm »
I honestly hope that the general election comes down to Trump and Clinton and the Clinton campaign tears Trump beyond recognization. Trump needs to be put in his place and I honestly don't care how does it.

BTW...it is my understanding that the Trump family was respnsible for the disapearence of Jimmy Hoffa.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2016, 02:57:02 pm »

““His father was with Lee Harvey Oswald prior to Oswald’s being — you know, shot. I mean, the whole thing is ridiculous,” “

You Trumpkins will excuse anything this bizarre man says!! And now you're denying what he clearly said, which is that Cruz's father was buds with LH Oswald. 

Go ahead.  Twist yourself into even more of a pretzel defending your boy.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2016, 02:58:11 pm »
"...that's all they can do at this point.  Their guy is going down and they are going through the various stages of grief."

And we will enjoy watching your grief in November.  Conservatives will be giving the Orange Charlatan the collective middle finger.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Silver Pines

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2016, 02:58:26 pm »
I think Trump is trolling his own supporters.  He's on record stating that he couldn't do anything to lose their support; now he's pushing it to the limit, making a joke of it, and most likely having a good laugh at what he can get away with.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2016, 02:59:16 pm »

You are the one omitting. Read the whole quote from Donny. He openly says that Cruz was involved with Oswald. It is crystal clear. Here is the interview genius.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdcuVUOoNZA

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2016, 03:00:17 pm »
He may be, but what's Trump?  Trump suffers from extreme narcissistic pathology, which means he is obsessively focused on himself, self-aggrandizes to a bizarre extent, and demeans others to make himself look better.

Cruz is not dangerous.  Trump IS dangerous.

You may have noticed that I've never made excuses for Trump's behavior. I think the status quo is our enemy, and I see Trump as a wrench to be thrown into that well-oiled machine.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2016, 03:00:34 pm »
Apparently, one underrated benefit of Donald Trump saying such things on a daily basis is that he has quite effectively lowered the bar of outrage, so that nothing he says is any longer surprising, and perhaps more importantly, even looked forward to as a form of amusement.

Trump has contributed as much to the degradation of our culture in a few months as it has taken the left years to accomplish......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2016, 03:06:33 pm »

BTW...it is my understanding that the Trump family was respnsible for the disapearence of Jimmy Hoffa.

:silly: :silly: :silly:

Don't matter who you are thats funny

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2016, 03:06:41 pm »
I think Trump is trolling his own supporters.  He's on record stating that he couldn't do anything to lose their support; now he's pushing it to the limit, making a joke of it, and most likely having a good laugh at what he can get away with.

A demagogue is at the height of his powers - and perhaps, at his most dangerous - the moment he realizes that he may safely mock his own acolytes. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2016, 03:19:05 pm »
This campaign is beyond bizarre.  I honestly do not know how I can ever bring myself to vote for this man if he is the nominee.  Every time I am about to reconcile myself to it, he does something like this.  We can only hope the people of Indiana heard this before they went to the polls today.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2016, 03:21:12 pm »
You may have noticed that I've never made excuses for Trump's behavior. I think the status quo is our enemy, and I see Trump as a wrench to be thrown into that well-oiled machine.

You want the country destroyed and humiliated?  What an odd thing to wish on your home.

Trump is an ignorant bully.  All he knows is force. That's not the way our government works.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2016, 03:24:33 pm »
This is incredibly dishonest.

The only "selective editing" going on is by those who try to reduce this to Trump saying "It's ridiculous".  Because when you read the entire quote -- which has been posted -- the "ridiculous" comment by Trump is him complaining that nobody is "investigating" this issue.  He very clearly links Cruz' father to the whole thing.

The actual video of Trump saying these things -- the words coming from his own mouth -- has also been posted.  Did you even bother to research this on your own before claiming it was nothing but a big fat lie?

This kind of reflexive denial about anything relating to your preferred candidate validates everything some people have been saying about Trump supporters being blind/irrational.  Obviously, not all of you are, but you're playing right into the stereotype that no doubt offends you.

Why can't you just say "this was a stupid thing for him to say, and I wish he wouldn't say stuff like that?"  Would that really be so hard?  Do you realize that your refusal to acknowledge that stuff make you look closed-minded, and governed by emotions rather than reason?

I can honestly say that, in the last six months, I have not read a single Trump supporter on this site ever disavowing a single thing he's said.  They change the subject, attack the messenger, scream "liberal",  impugn the poster for putting up the article in the first place, or excuse it with "well, he's rough around the edges."

But deny that their Donald said anything wrong or worthy of condemnation?  Never.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 03:25:14 pm by sinkspur »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2016, 03:24:44 pm »
What I find very interesting is he does stupid things like this the day before or of crucial races. He either:

1. Is a true believer and probably would be better at co-hosting Alex Jones radio show.
2. Believes his voters are idiots and eat this up. It is hard to argue as he keeps getting more votes when he does this.
3. Is trying to sandbag his campaign.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2016, 03:32:04 pm »
You want the country destroyed and humiliated?  What an odd thing to wish on your home.

Trump is an ignorant bully.  All he knows is force. That's not the way our government works.

In short, they are campaigning in the manner Democrats have been campaigning since Clinton.  Given that they are winning, maybe they are onto something.

Personally, I would rather lose and know that I have stood with truth and integrity than win at all costs.  But this is politics.  In the end, the vote count is all that matters, unfortunately.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2016, 03:36:48 pm »
I can honestly say that, in the last six months, I have not read a single Trump supporter on this site ever disavowing a single thing he's said.  They change the subject, attack the messenger, scream "liberal",  impugn the poster for putting up the article in the first place, or excuse it with "well, he's rough around the edges."

But deny that their Donald said anything wrong or worthy of condemnation?  Never.

On ANY site!

Offline ABX

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2016, 03:44:00 pm »
Cruz' problem is social awkwardness disfunction.  Now if you want to talk about Trump, now there is a sociopath....   ie. narcissistic, megalomaniac, Uber-Projective.  I'm 99% sure he clinically guilty on all these counts of behavior disorders.

I agree. Cruz has a lot of problems delivering his message. He preaches at people instead of talks to people. He also completely fails to understand modern social media communication.

Still, when it comes to being Commander in Chief of the United States Armed Forces and the responsibilities to the young men and women who pledge their lives to this country, who would you rather trust, someone who communicates poorly or a sociopath?

Silver Pines

« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2016, 03:46:03 pm »
A demagogue is at the height of his powers - and perhaps, at his most dangerous - the moment he realizes that he may safely mock his own acolytes.

That's true; he's beyond consequence.

Even at this stage of the game, however, I'm still stunned that his supporters try to justify/excuse his behavior.  I never dreamed of seeing this kind of thing from people on our side.

Offline ABX

« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2016, 03:47:43 pm »

Honest reason, but I have to ask, where in the Constitution is being a wrench part of the job duty of the President? Remember, we are hiring someone to be Commander in Chief of the United States Armed Forces. The first and foremost responsibility of that role is to the young men and women who pledge their lives to this country. The role of the President isn't a political game. Young people's lives are literally on the line. It isn't about who screams at the so-called establishment the loudest. It isn't about a R or D on a jersey, it is about those young people who stand their with their right hands raised and swear their lives to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States of America.

Those people deserve better than a monkey wrench vote.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2016, 03:48:51 pm »
It can be difficult parsing the typical Trump word salad. But I think it was pretty clear what Trump was saying.  But Trump supporters tend to parse his words to mean whatever they want it to mean.

@Bruce Campbells Chin

“He very clearly links Cruz' father to the whole thing.”

blij26

Yep.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2016, 03:49:06 pm »
That's true; he's beyond consequence.

Even at this stage of the game, however, I'm still stunned that his supporters try to justify/excuse his behavior.  I never dreamed of seeing this kind of thing from people on our side.

Yes.  And some of them are people I deeply admire and respect.  Which is why I refrain from criticizing Trump supporters.  I can only say what I see in the man, and if others perceive him differently, so be it. 

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2016, 03:52:37 pm »
I agree. Cruz has a lot of problems delivering his message. He preaches at people instead of talks to people. He also completely fails to understand modern social media communication.

Still, when it comes to being Commander in Chief of the United States Armed Forces and the responsibilities to the young men and women who pledge their lives to this country, who would you rather trust, someone who communicates poorly or a sociopath?

It was just yesterday that I felt it was possible to express my own disappointment with how Cruz'a campaign has developed. Big disappointment on many levels.

However, his shortcoming pale in comparison.

If and when Trump wraps it up, the media shall tack hard, and the relentless assault on Trump's idiocy will be 24/7.

Book it!

Offline ABX

« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2016, 03:55:35 pm »
“He very clearly links Cruz' father to the whole thing.”

Just the comment on it surface is disturbing as it shows he gets his information from the most off the wall, fringe sources. A blog found an image of a Hispanic looking guy that has just a passing resemblance to Cruz Sr. with Oswald and created an entire story or narrative around it. It isn't like there are probably tens of thousands of other Hispanic looking guys who could have fit the bill, nope, Hispanic man, must be Cruz's dad.

Just using sources like this shows a disturbing lack of judgment.

That would be like a structural engineer getting advice from Alex Jones.