Author Topic: Trump accuses Cruz's father of helping JFK's assassin  (Read 19840 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Trump accuses Cruz's father of helping JFK's assassin
« Reply #225 on: May 03, 2016, 10:27:37 pm »
Brilliantly stated! Had to pop in and tell you so. You are a breath of fresh air here amidst the smog of political disinformation spewing from the anti Trumps.

Even though I disagree with every single word you posted, I'm GLAD to see you around, aligncare!   :beer:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #226 on: May 03, 2016, 10:28:59 pm »
I admit that it's difficult to defend Trump because he's all over the place. He's loud, unrefined and outrageous. He says ridiculous and offensive things without flinching. He just doesn't care because he's Donald Trump, billionaire. He'll do and say what he wants until somebody stops him. It's hard, even embarrassing at times to openly support somebody like that, but I truly and honestly believe he's a threat to their game. He won't conform because he's an arrogant bully. I think we need a puzzle piece that doesn't fit so we can throw off their algorithm. The status quo is broken and the playing field is rigged. I will fight them any way I can. I'll throw dirt, poke eyes, strike below the belt and even vote for Donald Trump if that's all I can do to stand up to them. They might win, but they'll drag me out kicking and screaming before they do.

If you want to disrupt the government then elect a conservative who will appoint constructionists to the SCOTUS and limit federal power.  Trump will consolodate power into the executive branch and rule as a strongman.  That is not disruption, that is tyranny. 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #227 on: May 03, 2016, 10:29:05 pm »
I dislike both of them, but I think Hillary is less dangerous. If the Pubs can keep their majority in the House (I think the Senate will be lost) they will provide at least some opposition. If Trump were to win The Pubs would fall in line behind the leader of the party, Trump.  Everything that falls apart on his watch would then be blamed on the GOP & conservatives. He's not one of us but he's claimed the title and the media are more than happy to go along with it.

I agree with you!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #228 on: May 03, 2016, 10:30:33 pm »
I am curious, however, how words coming directly out of Donald Trump's mouth can be called "disinformation" and wonder why Trump supporters don't seem to believe what he, himself says.

It's bewildering how they can support a guy they don't think is telling the truth about his own beliefs......

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #229 on: May 03, 2016, 10:32:45 pm »
Brilliantly stated! Had to pop in and tell you so. You are a breath of fresh air here amidst the smog of political disinformation spewing from the anti Trumps.

We quote Trump's OWN WORDS, and you think it's disinformation.  Talk about smog.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 10:33:33 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #230 on: May 03, 2016, 10:34:53 pm »
All of you who won't vote for Trump if he is the nominee. We all should be #neverhillarynomatterwhat!

Those who vocally back Hillary's candidacies and donate money to those candidacies (i.e. Trump and other liberals) are FAR more guilty of enabling her than any of us will ever be.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #231 on: May 03, 2016, 10:39:34 pm »

Words right out of Trumps own mouth are now disinformation?    **nononono*
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
« Reply #232 on: May 03, 2016, 10:49:18 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/278582-cnns-jake-tapper-takes-issue-with-trumps-jfk-cruz-allegations

May 03, 2016, 05:26 pm
Jake Tapper shoots down Cruz-JFK claims

By Rebecca Savransky

CNN's Jake Tapper refuted Donald Trump's recent allegations that Ted Cruz's father is linked to John F. Kennedy assassin Lee Harvey Oswald, calling the claim ridiculous and shameful.

"Every time you think this race cannot get any more ludicrous, it does," Tapper said on "The Lead," calling the exchange between the two GOP presidenetial rivals Tuesday "bitter and stunning."

Trump said Tuesday morning that Cruz's father was with Oswald before he shot Kennedy, referencing a National Enquirer story that published images of what it said was Rafael Cruz and Oswald passing out pro-Fidel Castro leaflets in 1963 in New Orleans, a few months before the JFK assassination.

Tapper called the report "bizarre" and "completely uncorroborated."

"And I use the term 'report' loosely," he said.

Tapper said the tabloid, which endorsed Trump and is run by a friend of the business mogul's, has been running "smear after smear against Cruz and his family."

He said there is no proof that the photo featured in the tabloid is Cruz's father, and the Cruz campaign has denied it.

When Trump called into "Fox and Friends" on Tuesday morning, he took issue with the fact the nobody had been talking about the link between Cruz's father and Oswald. Tapper tried to make it clear that it isn't talked about because it isn't true.

"I cannot believe I need to say the following but here goes," Tapper said Tuesday. "There is no corroborated evidence that Ted Cruz's father ever met Lee Harvey Oswald or, for that matter, any other presidential assassin. We in the media don't talk about it because there's no evidence of it."

On the other hand, before the picture was taken, Tapper said, Rafael Cruz's sister was "brutally beaten by Castro forces and Rafael Cruz had denounced the regime. So any suggestion that Cruz's father played a role in the Kennedy assassination is ridiculous and frankly shameful," he said.

"That's not an anti-Trump position or a pro-Cruz position, it's a pro-truth position."

On Tuesday, Cruz shot back against Trump after the front-runner made the claims, calling Trump "utterly amoral" and a "pathological liar."

http://www.snappytv.com/tc/1844916/886620

The Hill left out where Jake pointed out that contrary evidence including the fact that Rafael Cruz had already at this time denounced the Castro regime.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #233 on: May 03, 2016, 10:52:19 pm »
If you want to disrupt the government then elect a conservative who will appoint constructionists to the SCOTUS and limit federal power.  Trump will consolodate power into the executive branch and rule as a strongman.  That is not disruption, that is tyranny.

The vast majority of conservative politicians have never shown me that they're actually interested in limiting federal power. No, it seems more like most of them are also trying to make the federal government more powerful, just from a different angle. Rand/Ron Paul are among the very few that I would trust to do such a thing, and we both know that ain't happenin'.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 10:53:32 pm by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline bilo

« Reply #234 on: May 03, 2016, 10:53:23 pm »
I admit that it's difficult to defend Trump because he's all over the place. He's loud, unrefined and outrageous. He says ridiculous and offensive things without flinching. He just doesn't care because he's Donald Trump, billionaire. He'll do and say what he wants until somebody stops him. It's hard, even embarrassing at times to openly support somebody like that, but I truly and honestly believe he's a threat to their game. He won't conform because he's an arrogant bully. I think we need a puzzle piece that doesn't fit so we can throw off their algorithm. The status quo is broken and the playing field is rigged. I will fight them any way I can. I'll throw dirt, poke eyes, strike below the belt and even vote for Donald Trump if that's all I can do to stand up to them. They might win, but they'll drag me out kicking and screaming before they do.

If you wanted someone who would fight for you why did you turn your back on the one guy in the race who never stopped fighting for you?

Cruz was elected on a TEA party wave and he never buckled under to the GOPe, or the DC cartel. He is the guy the establishment hates because he knows the difference between right and wrong and is a strict constitutionalist. Your guy Trump may get the nomination, but one day you will wake up and ask yourself why did I support him.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #235 on: May 03, 2016, 10:54:32 pm »
I am just disturbed by the number of people who say they are Pro-life, who are embracing someone as anti-life as Donald Trump.  They aren't even bothered that he has supported the evil, murderous Planned Parenthood........ IN THIS CAMPAIGN.

And I agree that those who blithely say "it's a woman's right to kill her baby" are complicit in the deaths of those millions of innocents butchered by abortionists.

(Also......... I am entranced by your avatar.  Who is that woman?  Her face fascinates me!)

I find it confusing as well, and feel Christ may be running out of patience in this regard.

Ted Cruz is 100% pro-life and so is his wife. How much more can we ask? And I do believe Jesus believes the #1 concern in America today is abortion.

And the avatar is supposedly Mother Teresa of Calcutta when she was younger. And since I use a quote from her in my tagline, I added a picture of her as well. No one understood [the devastation of] abortion better than she did: http://www.priestsforlife.org/brochures/mtspeech.html
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline musiclady

« Reply #236 on: May 03, 2016, 10:55:49 pm »
Words right out of Trumps own mouth are now disinformation?    **nononono*

As I said above......... they are supporting a man, but don't believe the words he actually says.

Nothing makes sense in this allegiance to Trump..... NOTHING.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #237 on: May 03, 2016, 10:59:20 pm »
I find it confusing as well, and feel Christ may be running out of patience in this regard.

Ted Cruz is 100% pro-life and so is his wife. How much more can we ask? And I do believe Jesus believes the #1 concern in America today is abortion.

And the avatar is supposedly Mother Teresa of Calcutta when she was younger. And since I use a quote from her in my tagline, I added a picture of her as well. No one understood [the devastation of] abortion better than she did: http://www.priestsforlife.org/brochures/mtspeech.html

I agree.  I think God has been withdrawing His hand of blessing from America for a while now, but this particular election, and the blindness toward the lives of the unborn from people who OUGHT to know better, is making that even more likely.

We have a pro-life, pro-Constitution, pro-American candidate, and people are voting for a complete liberal charlatan.

(And Mother Theresa!  She was clearly blessed even young.  You can see it on her face!  I have a list of her quotes on the abortion issue and they are so profound!)

Offline musiclady

« Reply #238 on: May 03, 2016, 11:02:01 pm »
The vast majority of conservative politicians have never shown me that they're actually interested in limiting federal power. No, it seems more like most of them are also trying to make the federal government more powerful, just from a different angle. Rand/Ron Paul are among the very few that I would trust to do such a thing, and we both know that ain't happenin'.

So why support a candidate who will absolutely grow the government and concentrate power in the Executive branch (and has said so in his own words) rather than support one who at least has demonstrated that his goal is to shrink government and whose ideas are far closer to that than the liberal Trump is??

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #239 on: May 03, 2016, 11:06:18 pm »

So, what's that got to do with this campaign?

We've got someone who actually is a constitutional conservative, and you want a narcissistic, truth challenged celebrity?  I just don't get it.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #240 on: May 03, 2016, 11:09:51 pm »
As I said above......... they are supporting a man, but don't believe the words he actually says.

Nothing makes sense in this allegiance to Trump..... NOTHING.

Richard J Sunkle was previously at TOS, but left quite some time ago on his own accord. He has an active Twitter feed, and its commentary brings some much needed relief to this whole nonsensical mess: https://twitter.com/richardjsunkle

MichiganCruzer ‏@RichardJSunkle  2h2 hours ago
#TrumpConspiracyTheories Rafael Cruz is the martian bigfoot.

[By the way, is there a method to copy a Tweet from its URL?]
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline Dexter

« Reply #241 on: May 03, 2016, 11:15:44 pm »
So, what's that got to do with this campaign?

We've got someone who actually is a constitutional conservative, and you want a narcissistic, truth challenged celebrity?  I just don't get it.

I support Donald because I think he can do damage to the status quo. He's wild and unpredictable, and I want to see what happens when he's unleashed. To support somebody like Cruz I'd have to trust him, and I don't.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 11:18:21 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #242 on: May 03, 2016, 11:16:12 pm »
omg.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #243 on: May 03, 2016, 11:22:57 pm »
I support Donald because I think he can do damage to the status quo. He's wild and unpredictable, and I want to see what happens when he's unleashed. To support somebody like Cruz I'd have to trust him, and I don't.

You're willing to unleash a lying narcissist on us, and reject a man who has lived an honorable life, kept the promises he's made to voters and has actually read the Constitution?

I really don't get it now!

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #244 on: May 03, 2016, 11:25:06 pm »

You'd have to trust Cruz, and yet you admire Donald's wild unpredictability?   **nononono*

Offline Dexter

« Reply #245 on: May 03, 2016, 11:25:33 pm »
You're willing to unleash a lying narcissist on us, and reject a man who has lived an honorable life, kept the promises he's made to voters and has actually read the Constitution?

I really don't get it now!

You and I see Ted Cruz very differently.
-Socrates

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #246 on: May 03, 2016, 11:25:51 pm »
This I think answers the question why?  I caught Ann Coulter on the radio on the drive home, and she was asked by Hannity this question. What do you say to people who say Trump is not conservative? Instead of arguing that he was a conservative, she answered it this way.  "I don't care about conservitizm, I care about America."    That is it in a nutshell. We have sold our National  soul, our conservative values, our Christian values...for Power. It does not matter to his voters if he is a conservative or not. Conservatism dies today.

George Washington just after his inauguration, went  to St Pauls Church and prayed with others and read scriptures for hours. Then made a covenant with God, only the 2nd country in history to do so.  That covenant has been broken.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #247 on: May 03, 2016, 11:27:41 pm »
You and I see Ted Cruz very differently.

I'm just going by the facts, Dex, not what would "feel good".

Offline Dexter

« Reply #248 on: May 03, 2016, 11:27:48 pm »
You'd have to trust Cruz, and yet you admire Donald's wild unpredictability?   **nononono*

Nobody that I truly believe in has a chance of being president in November. With that in mind I'll take the guy that might at least do some damage to our corrupt system.
-Socrates

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #249 on: May 03, 2016, 11:28:04 pm »

It's time for the Trumpkins to go give obeisance to their organ grinder.  This is as close to the presidency as their boy is going to get.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.