General Category > Energy

Just getting rolling...

(1/13) > >>

Smokin Joe:
Howdy!

This could be an important forum around here, as important as energy is to our national security, or just a backwater for those of us who have worked in the industry.

Whether you work in the oil and gas industry (upstream or down), coal, nuclear, hydropower, transportation, Electrical, or an alternative energy industry, did work there, or are just interested in getting the straight skinny from people who have a lot more knowledge than the average journalist, this subforum is a spot to compare notes on anything from industry news to technology to just sitting back and discussing trends as we see them.

I'm e-mailing a few folks to see if they are okay with us posting their articles (excerpt and link) here, and we should check with the trade pubs before using their material. If they do NOT want us to post their stuff, please start a list of publishers who do not want us to do that. I'd hate to tick anyone off over any sort of copyright issue, so I'm proceeding carefully on that.

Mystery-AK twisted my arm to moderate, just keep it clean and if you have any questions or problems, let me know.

Thanks,

Smokin Joe

uglybiker:
Looking forward to it! I work in cement manufacture which has many close ties with the energy sector.

Cowboyway:
I'm interested in the this forum.  I've been in the commercial nuclear power industry for about 35 years (has it been that long? :pondering:).  I&C and electrical engineering.  Worked assignments at 15 stations around the country.

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: Cowboyway on May 03, 2016, 07:56:47 am ---I'm interested in the this forum.  I've been in the commercial nuclear power industry for about 35 years (has it been that long? :pondering:).  I&C and electrical engineering.  Worked assignments at 15 stations around the country.

--- End quote ---
You must have started not too long after Three Mile Island. Tough time in the industry just then. I was working on a Master's degree in uranium geochemistry and made the jump to the oil patch in '79.

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: uglybiker on May 03, 2016, 06:34:43 am ---Looking forward to it! I work in cement manufacture which has many close ties with the energy sector.

--- End quote ---
Yes, it does. People don't generally realize how much the industry ties in, often in places they would not have thought of.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version