General Category > Energy

Just getting rolling...

<< < (2/13) > >>

Cowboyway:

--- Quote from: Smokin Joe on May 03, 2016, 08:24:54 am ---You must have started not too long after Three Mile Island. Tough time in the industry just then. I was working on a Master's degree in uranium geochemistry and made the jump to the oil patch in '79.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, i started during construction of the Shearon-Harris plant in 1980.  That station was originally designed for four (4) units but after TMI they made the decision to complete one unit only.

truth_seeker:
Twenty years, total.

First oil & gas drilling & production engineering assistant, then Financial analyst in engineering & construction industry (mainly 14 years with Fluor Corp.)

Put me on the equivalent of a ping list, please

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: truth_seeker on May 03, 2016, 04:32:36 pm ---Twenty years, total.

First oil & gas drilling & production engineering assistant, then Financial analyst in engineering & construction industry (mainly 14 years with Fluor Corp.)

Put me on the equivalent of a ping list, please

--- End quote ---
I don't think there are ping lists here like TOS, but I might be able to set up a list and PM everyone interested in a bunch. Four new articles posted and feel free to add to that as you come across interesting topics. They don't have to be (and should include other energy topics besides) Oil and Gas. Anything which affects the ability to make things move or keep the lights on is fair game.

rodamala:
@thackney PING

EC:
I'm not an energy sector worker, but I'll be reading with interest. Probably not speaking - "Better to be silent and supposed a fool, than to speak and prove it" seems a reasonable guideline for an area you know nothing about!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version