Author Topic: Ted Cruz confronts Trump supporter in Indiana  (Read 5705 times)

Offline sinkspur

Ted Cruz confronts Trump supporter in Indiana
« on: May 02, 2016, 07:09:06 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tdm4UfdoEI
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Re: Ted Cruz confronts Trump supporter in Indiana
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 07:12:24 pm »
The press should interview this Trumpkin next year when Hillary and Schumer pass amnesty.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 07:37:53 pm »

Great video. This demonstrates tremendous courage. It reminds me of the last time Trump and Hillary spoke openly with someone from the opposition like this.

Oh, wait...
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline kik5150

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 07:40:38 pm »
That is a typical Trump supporter. Cruz was magnificent.
"Trump is no conservative. He's a self-dealing charlatan and he's got a lot of fall-for anything chump types fooled."
-Jim "Chump" Robinson

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 07:42:12 pm »
Contrast Cruz's calm demeanor with Trump's orange-faced yelling and screaming and gesticulating.

The devotion to Trump is to the MAN, not to anything he stands for.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 07:50:02 pm »

Poor guy never stood a chance against Cruz.

Offline Millee

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 07:53:07 pm »
He's a class act.  :patriot:

Offline The Jackal

• #nevertrump
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 08:24:22 pm »
Good God. That video only demonstrates how far we have fallen. You would think that such displays of ignorance wouldn't be so breathtaking  but in my case it is. I'm embarrassed for our country. And to the Trump supporters do you wonder why those who don't support Trump consider those that do to be nothing more than a mob? I get that not every voter is a die-hard political animal with facts and statistics at their fingertips (it's why we've coined the acronym LIV) but this video just demonstrates the lack of the most basic attributes like logic and reason.

The fact is the entire country has shifted left and along with that is a loss of these attributes even from those who we would call, in the most generic of senses, on our side. There is a danger here. And the 'smart' Trump supporters who think they are using the mob i.e., LIV's, Reagan democrats, the non-political first-timers for their own ends will find that even if they succeed they will have failed.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 08:27:20 pm by The Jackal »

Silver Pines

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 09:02:29 pm »

So....the idiot actually yelled out "Lyin' Ted!" at random and asked where Cruz's Goldman Sachs jacket was.

Ted's willingness and ability to engage opponents is admirable, but it's not possible to reason with such people.  Their rabid hero worship has made them immune to anything except Trump pronouncements.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 09:13:18 pm »

Every time I see an uneducated Trump supporter like this I was to gag.  These are the type of brainwashed people that have no clue, but sway the vote for one of the most important offices in the country.  This is the inbred mentality our liberals have instilled in our education system to perpetuate stupidity and elect the likes of Bernie Sanders, Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.  Make me sick.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2016, 09:49:14 pm »
Really made the dude look like Al Bundy.  Kept shoving the Trump sign in Cruz's face.  Kept shifting back and forth. 

Kept saying 'Donald Trump'.  Will give the guy credit for hitting Ted on 'Goldman Sachs' but that is about it.  Ted's response to that should be Donald has been more than owned by the Banks/Saudi Prince for the various bankruptcies over The Plaza hotel and Atlantic City..

All in for Cruz through the convention, but being aligned with emotive folks like this is depressing.

Thanks sinkspur.  I almost felt sorry for the guy.  He appeared incredibly uninformed, but if one is that informed and chooses to disrupt a rally, one deserves to be shown to be a fool on national television.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 09:50:32 pm by LonestarDream »
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2016, 09:56:43 pm »
If the shoe were on the other foot and I was in a discussion with Hillary, I would not shove a sign in her face.

I would ask about her role in getting off a rape offender in the 1970s and then bragging about.  Or Susan Wright and the intimation of Broaderick , Sally Perdue and Kathleen Willey.  The detectives the brutal intimidation . 

Cattle futures scandal, whitewater, Vince foster.  Etc

Good God. That video only demonstrates how far we have fallen. You would think that such displays of ignorance wouldn't be so breathtaking  but in my case it is. I'm embarrassed for our country. And to the Trump supporters do you wonder why those who don't support Trump consider those that do to be nothing more than a mob? I get that not every voter is a die-hard political animal with facts and statistics at their fingertips (it's why we've coined the acronym LIV) but this video just demonstrates the lack of the most basic attributes like logic and reason.

The fact is the entire country has shifted left and along with that is a loss of these attributes even from those who we would call, in the most generic of senses, on our side. There is a danger here. And the 'smart' Trump supporters who think they are using the mob i.e., LIV's, Reagan democrats, the non-political first-timers for their own ends will find that even if they succeed they will have failed.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2016, 09:57:29 pm »
Note he keeps his shades on so he does not have to look Ted in the eye.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2016, 10:00:56 pm »

There's a bit more here at which you hint, but which I will spell out:

This Trumpette (and the others in the background) is using standard libtard tactics. While being confronted with a reasonable dialogue, he instead yells insults and attempts to drown out reasonable conversation. He sticks to false memes and thinks that by yelling them more loudly, they gain credibility.

Now, think of the leftists on the university campuses that think the only way to engage conservatives is to drown them out, protest them, and run them off. This a$$hat, with sign in hand, is acting in the exact same way. I see very little difference between the Trump crowd and the leftists (ex. "If anyone throws a tomato, beat the crap out of them" vs "Muscle! I need some muscle over here!")

This is what we are allowing the conservative movement to become. It would be hysterical if it weren't so sad. The Trumpettes think they are railing against the "uniparty" but their people act with more homogeneity with the lefties that they might as well just join them.
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2016, 10:02:40 pm »
If the shoe were on the other foot and I was in a discussion with Hillary, I would not shove a sign in her face.

I would ask about her role in getting off a rape offender in the 1970s and then bragging about.  Or Susan Wright and the intimation of Broaderick , Sally Perdue and Kathleen Willey.  The detectives the brutal intimidation . 

Cattle futures scandal, whitewater, Vince foster.  Etc

...and Secret Service would wrestle you to the floor, hold you in a darkened cell for weeks with no due process, only so you could come out and get an anal-probe style tax audit.
1. Trump is never wrong.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2016, 10:18:52 pm »
Perhaps.   So that is part of how Hillary gets a pass.

Hillary is no more a president than Cruz.  Do you think the Trump supporter with the sign will be getting audited....

...and Secret Service would wrestle you to the floor, hold you in a darkened cell for weeks with no due process, only so you could come out and get an anal-probe style tax audit.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 10:19:14 pm by LonestarDream »

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2016, 10:22:00 pm »
For that matter, the guy with sign was in Ted's face with the sign.  Far more threatening than 'speech'.  The SS did nothing.

So are you saying that the SS agents are more for protecting the left against unpleasant speech?

Interesting.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2016, 10:49:55 pm »
This Trumpette (and the others in the background) is using standard libtard tactics. While being confronted with a reasonable dialogue, he instead yells insults and attempts to drown out reasonable conversation. He sticks to false memes and thinks that by yelling them more loudly, they gain credibility.

A similar occurrence happened early in the campaign season between Cruz and Code Pink disrupting his campaign stop - Sadly, Code Pink conducted themselves better than this Trumpster and his fellows, actually calming down and participating in an animated and reasonable dialog...

Equally sad in that i think he is probably high-fiving his friends, not knowing/comprehending the boorish display he made of himself.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2016, 11:11:03 pm »
This shoe-size IQ'd slope had his Trumpkin lines down pat.  Told Cruz "America would be better off without you."  Cruz was calm, this guy was standing there with his goombahs,  vomiting up lines that Trump has since praised.

THIS is why so many people will not vote for the fascistic demagogue who is more of a liar than Cruz by a factor of 10.  Dislike will turn into hatred of Trump the more the campaign goes on.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2016, 11:18:40 pm »
For that matter, the guy with sign was in Ted's face with the sign.  Far more threatening than 'speech'.  The SS did nothing.

So are you saying that the SS agents are more for protecting the left against unpleasant speech?

Interesting.

I think the SS takes their cue from who they are protecting. In Hillary's case, she would shirk from the unwashed masses and expect the SS to drop her bags and beat the guy senseless.

Cruz, on the other hand, is a man's man. He looks these clowns in the eye and disassembles their foolish rhetoric. The SS backs off because they know he "has it."

Hillary would never "have it," so anyone who dares approach must be crushed.
1. Trump is never wrong.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2016, 11:22:52 pm »
A similar occurrence happened early in the campaign season between Cruz and Code Pink disrupting his campaign stop - Sadly, Code Pink conducted themselves better than this Trumpster and his fellows, actually calming down and participating in an animated and reasonable dialog...

Equally sad in that i think he is probably high-fiving his friends, not knowing/comprehending the boorish display he made of himself.

Oh, man - I remember that encounter! Cruz boldly brought the woman on stage for a debate. Add that encounter to the list (1), along with this (2) and...

3. When he told the illegal immigrant he would deport her.
4. When he explained to the Iowa farmer that ethanol subsidies were bad.
5. When he walked off stage when the Middle Eastern Christians refused to condemn persecution of Jews.

How many more incredibly poised, principled, and presidential exchanges does he have that we NEVER get to see?
1. Trump is never wrong.

Offline The Jackal

• #nevertrump
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2016, 11:28:51 pm »
There's a bit more here at which you hint, but which I will spell out:

Now, think of the leftists on the university campuses that think the only way to engage conservatives is to drown them out, protest them, and run them off. This a$$hat, with sign in hand, is acting in the exact same way. I see very little difference between the Trump crowd and the leftists (ex. "If anyone throws a tomato, beat the crap out of them" vs "Muscle! I need some muscle over here!")

This is what we are allowing the conservative movement to become. It would be hysterical if it weren't so sad. The Trumpettes think they are railing against the "uniparty" but their people act with more homogeneity with the lefties that they might as well just join them.

Thank you for that. You fleshed out what I was trying to say, only in a more concrete and complete way. Back when Glenn Beck (or whomever) first brought Alinsky into the mainstream of conservative thought I don't think that was meant as an endorsement of those tactics. Somewhere along the way certain people thought that was the way to go. For years we complained about (R) legislators talking about, "my distinguished friend and colleague on the other side of the aisle," fighting using Marquess of Queensberry rules etc., while they were being curb stomped by liberals, democrats and their co-conspirators in the media.   

And so some decided it was time to, 'fight fire with fire' or 'get in the gutter'. Well as we've found out that's great for achieving some sort of emotional satisfaction but policy recommendations it does not make. Truthfully, I had my fill of Trump taking these fools to the woodshed sometime last year and then I got bored with it. Because there was nothing behind it. The problem that Trump supporters fail to realize is that Trump is fighting a cultural PC war (giving the most charitable interpretation of his candidacy), but as we all know politics is a function of culture and there will not be any political returns to see in this cultural battle for some time if at all. And even on the most hot-button cultural issues of our time, Trump is voting present at best.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2016, 11:29:54 pm »
Oh, man - I remember that encounter! Cruz boldly brought the woman on stage for a debate. Add that encounter to the list (1), along with this (2) and...

3. When he told the illegal immigrant he would deport her.
4. When he explained to the Iowa farmer that ethanol subsidies were bad.
5. When he walked off stage when the Middle Eastern Christians refused to condemn persecution of Jews.

How many more incredibly poised, principled, and presidential exchanges does he have that we NEVER get to see?

Probably a lot more ... the media would rather fixate on a complete babbling idiot who claims to be a conservative.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline etcb

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2016, 11:30:34 pm »

Interesting.
Are you sure Senator Cruz has Secret Service protection.  I think Mr. Trump (the billionaire who is funding his own campaign) and Dr. Carson were the only two primary candidates who specifically asked for protection.  Of course Sec. Clinton has protection as the wife of a former president.  Everyone else is on their own.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2016, 11:33:01 pm »
In 2000 I volunteered for the Bush/Cheney campaign with our job one Saturday to stand at the entrance to The University of Washington's Huskie Stadium prior to the game. All day long we would get far left radicals (all college age kids) getting in our face and acting just like this A-hole. Not wanting to engage in conversation, just insult us and Bush and name-call, and a few even spitting at our feet.   This is all they knew how to do.

Now with Trump we have this same kind of devil's spawn using the same childish tactics against someone supposedly in their same Party.   Sickens me.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn