Author Topic: Donald Trump Says He's 'Wasting Time' on Republican Rivals  (Read 1741 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/donald-trump-says-he-s-wasting-time-republican-rivals-n565571

Donald Trump Says He's 'Wasting Time' on Republican Rivals

by Ali Vitali

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. — Donald Trump wants the primaries to be over already.

Not just so he can assume the official title of Republican presidential nominee, but so he can start fundraising for the GOP and its down-ballot races.

"It's really important that we win because, if we win, you know, we want to raise money for the party," Trump said at a rally Sunday. "We want to do — raise money for the senate races and for the congressional races and do a lot of things."

This from a candidate who has made "self-funding" a key tenet of his campaign and who has spent much of his time in recent weeks railing against the Republican National Committee's nominating rules and delegate system.

Related: Donald Trump Leads Cruz by 15 Points in Crucial Indiana Race

Still, Trump doesn't want to waste any more time. Speaking to a packed house in Indiana just days before the state's crucial primary, Trump said he's "wasting time" campaigning against rivals like Cruz and Kasich who are "hanging on by their fingertips."

"They have no path," he reiterated once again.

The New York business mogul also made a lofty promise to women.

"Nobody will be better to women and nobody will be better to women's health issues — a big thing — than Donald Trump," Trump said. "That I can tell you. Nobody."

He did not outline specifically what women's health issues he would focus on that would make him the best, though he did tick off some policies that he thinks helped him earn female voters in recent states, like New York, Pennsylvania and Maryland.

"I won with women because, you know what? Women want to see a strong country. Women want to see a strong military. Women want to see strong borders."

And while his last comment on women's health was a veiled swipe at Hillary Clinton, he took his line on "Crooked Hillary" one step further when linking her to the Iraqi government.

"How stupid are we?" Trump asked rhetorically of America's past foreign policy choices in the Middle East. "I said when we left [Iraq], we shouldn't have been in, but when we left I could see it was a crooked government. In fact, Hillary could have run the government. Crooked, it works for her. No, it was a crooked government. That's where we should put Hillary."

Trump also spoke with confidence about the impending GOP convention in Cleveland, and once again threw cold water on the idea of a second round of balloting. "We don't play the second ballot game," he said. "We're only playing to win."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline kjam22

Re: Donald Trump Says He's 'Wasting Time' on Republican Rivals
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 11:33:27 pm »
Certainly he's wasting his time trying to get my vote....  I wouldn't vote for him for anything.  I don't vote for liberals.    My father was a local politician and my very first vote when I turned 18 was for him.  I have been a part of many campaigns, some his, and some for others.  As far as I can tell I have NEVER missed an opportunity to vote since 1977.  School boards, bond issues, or whatever the vote was for.  BUT.... If this General Election becomes Trump vs Hillary.... I will stay home.   Neither will ever get my vote.....
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 11:35:57 pm »
Trump is a habitual liar, and habitual liars lie, habitually.

Trump is going to raise money for Trump.  He's not liquid enough to fund a $1 billion campaign and he already owes himself money from "loans" he made during the primaries. So the cheap bastard is going to pay himself back, then suck on the taxpayer for as much as he can.

It still won't be enough, so he has to convince some of his rich sycophant saps to fork over cash in a losing cause. Hell, he hasn't spent a dime on TV advertising in the fall (equal time rules will prevent him from calling into to Morning Joe and Fox and Friends) and hasn't given a thought to the general election.  He fired all his people in states he's won so there is no advance or ground operation for him, anywhere.

And he thinks he can win without all the free media? 

All he's got is his profane outrageousness and he'll count on the media to cover his misogynist ignorant remarks on a daily basis.

Massive loss, Donald.  Massive loss.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 11:37:32 pm »
Good Lord. He is using his fractured syntax again and  referring to himself in the third person. One thing he is right about- he's not going to play the second ballot game, because he will be out on the second ballot (if not the first-my fondest wish). :patriot:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 11:39:22 pm »
Certainly he's wasting his time trying to get my vote....  I wouldn't vote for him for anything.  I don't vote for liberals.    My father was a local politician and my very first vote when I turned 18 was for him.  I have been a part of many campaigns, some his, and some for others.  As far as I can tell I have NEVER missed an opportunity to vote since 1977.  School boards, bond issues, or whatever the vote was for.  BUT.... If this General Election becomes Trump vs Hillary.... I will stay home.   Neither will ever get my vote.....

Don't stay home.  Go vote for the down-ballot Republicans.  That's what I'm doing.  I want the Texas state legislature re-elected, my own GOP congressman returned  to office, and all those local county GOP folks to stay there.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline kjam22

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 11:41:09 pm »
Trump is a habitual liar, and habitual liars lie, habitually.

Trump is going to raise money for Trump.  He's not liquid enough to fund a $1 billion campaign and he already owes himself money from "loans" he made during the primaries. So the cheap bastard is going to pay himself back, then suck on the taxpayer for as much as he can.

It still won't be enough, so he has to convince some of his rich sycophant saps to fork over cash in a losing cause. Hell, he hasn't spent a dime on TV advertising in the fall (equal time rules will prevent him from calling into to Morning Joe and Fox and Friends) and hasn't given a thought to the general election.  He fired all his people in states he's won so there is no advance or ground operation for him, anywhere.

And he thinks he can win without all the free media? 

All he's got is his profane outrageousness and he'll count on the media to cover his misogynist ignorant remarks on a daily basis.

Massive loss, Donald.  Massive loss.

All of that is right.  I mean Hillary is a witch and maybe the antichrist.... but she's a political machine.   She'll beat King Trumpy like a bad indian drum.   The trumpsters think everything to be known about King Trumpy is already known....   I'm guessing it isn't.  I'm guessing we're going to hear some shocking things about that orange liar.
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline kjam22

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2016, 11:42:26 pm »
Don't stay home.  Go vote for the down-ballot Republicans.  That's what I'm doing.  I want the Texas state legislature re-elected, my own GOP congressman returned  to office, and all those local county GOP folks to stay there.

agree.... I'm in Oklahoma..... we'll stay red.   But it is important to vote for people that you support.....

Offline HootOwl

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2016, 11:48:58 pm »
I was afraid of Trump going third party--no more.   He and Hillary will divide the anti-conservative vote, or liberal vote. 

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 01:00:59 am »
I haven't donated to the Republican Party in years; only individuals that I feel are worth my while and have this country's best interests at heart.  I will NOT vote for Trump and I sure as heck won't donate any money to anything he is a part of. Trump will cost us the majority in the Senate and quite possibly the House.  Polls show that Trump is up in Indiana by 15.  If Cruz loses Tuesday, we are looking at the beginning of the end.  We will have lost our country.

#NeverTrump
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 01:02:41 am »

Ah-men!!!!  Everyone has to get out and vote.  Screw Trump but make sure he doesn't screw the rest of the ticket.

Online libertybele

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2016, 01:05:04 am »
Ah-men!!!!  Everyone has to get out and vote.  Screw Trump but make sure he doesn't screw the rest of the ticket.

I have absolutely no intention of sitting this one out. I've never missed a primary or a general since I've been eligible to vote and I don't intend to miss this one.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

geronl

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2016, 04:53:25 am »
In 2014 he said "make me the candidate for Governor without a primary!"

geronl

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2016, 04:56:17 am »
  Polls show that Trump is up in Indiana by 15.  If Cruz loses Tuesday, we are looking at the beginning of the end.  We will have lost our country.

#NeverTrump

geronl

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2016, 04:58:33 am »
"How stupid are we?" Trump asked

He knows his audience!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2016, 05:15:43 am »
"It's really important that we win because, if we win, you know, we want to raise money for the party,"

This guy can't even raise money for his own campaign from himself.  Trump has loaned his campaign millions of dollars but donated next to nothing.  He continues to screw the GOP day after day.  I am so angry at Trump.  I would never physically harm him, but I'd like to squeeze a lemon in his eyes.