Author Topic: Trump Mania  (Read 19648 times)

Offline Spook

Trump Mania
« on: May 01, 2016, 08:39:01 pm »
I have watched with great interest the rising mania levels for Trump from supposed "conservative" voters. Yet, it appears to me that few if any at all are actually take time to fact check the man they intend to hoist to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
In a simple 10 minute search (only on legitimate sources...no fake news sites such as prntly...) one can easily see the complete history, talking points and sound bites from Trump. Allow me to share a few:

On the 2nd Amendment:
1. Donald Trump: “I support the ban on assault weapons and I also support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun.”(John Santucci, “Trump Reverses Stance on Assault Weapons in New Policy Paper,” ABC News, 9/18/2015)

On abortion:
1. Russert: But you would not ban it?

Trump: No

Russert: Or ban partial-birth abortion?

Trump: No, I am pro-choice in every respect. (NBC’s “Meet The Press,” 10/24/99)

2. Howard Stern: “‘I know they love you in the Tea Party and stuff…are you really anti-abortion? You’re not. I know you’re not. There’s no way.”

“Trump took a long time to respond, and seemed to be completely thrown by the question…”

Donald Trump: “Well… it’s a whole thing, Howard…I feel certain ways about things… I’ve never really been exposed to that. And that’s always been my view, to be anti—obviously with passes, rape and this…It’s actually split up, Howard, about 55 percent of this country feel that way.”

Howard Stern: “But I know you. I know you. There is no way that you, personally, are against abortion.”

Donald Trump: “Well, it’s never been my big issue, Howard.” (Marlow Stern, “When Donald Trump Said He’d Marry Obama, Called Kim Kardashian A ‘Fat Ass,’ And Ripped Beyonce,” Daily Beast, 8/6/15)

On Taxes:
1. Donald Trump: “I would impose a one-time 14.25 percent tax on individuals…” raising “$5.7 trillion in new revenue.”(Donald Trump, The America We Deserve, print edition 2000, p. 170)

2. CNN Headline: “Elizabeth Warren: I Agree With Donald Trump On Taxes.”

“Elizabeth Warren has endorsed Donald Trump -- on taxes, anyway. Warren, the Massachusetts senator and populist champion, said Tuesday that she supports Trump’s proposal to levy higher taxes on the rich. ‘There are a lot of places where he gets out and talks about important things,’ Warren said during an appearance on ‘The View.’ ‘Donald Trump and I both agree that there ought to be more taxation of the billionaires, the people who are making their money on Wall Street.’”

“Warren’s praise is likely to give more ammunition to the conservatives who insist that Trump, the current frontrunner for the GOP presidential nomination, is actually a liberal. The billionaire developer said last month that he’s in favor of raising taxes on wealthy Americans, winning the approval of another progressive icon: New York Times columnist and Nobel laureate Paul Krugman.” (Tom Kludt, “Elizabeth Warren: I Agree With Donald Trump On Taxes,” CNN.com, 9/8/15)

How about the wall between Mexico and the USA?
(How does he really feel about illegal immigration?)
1. Donald Trump: “You have to give them a path, and you have to make it possible for them to succeed. You have to do that." (Editorial, "Trump Backed Amnesty For Illegal Aliens Only Last June," Investor's Business Daily, 12/17/2015)

2. Trump Met With DREAM Activists At Trump Tower And Told Them, “You’ve Convinced Me.”

“Real estate mogul Donald Trump met with immigrant advocates on Wednesday to discuss immigration reform and ended the meeting with a resolution to move the debate forward. Trump met with youth immigrant leaders Jose Machado, Diego Sanchez and nationally renowned Dreamer Gaby Pacheco of The Bridge Project at Trump Tower in New York at the request of Antonio Tijerino, President and CEO of the Hispanic Heritage Foundation. … The Bridge Project aims to link the gap between political parties and connect Americans from across the political spectrum to advocate for immigration reform. The group is currently in the midst of a seven-state tour to gather support for reform. And it seems the meeting was fruitful, shared Machado.”

Donald Trump: “You’ve convinced me.” (Nina Terrero, “Donald Trump Tells Immigrant Advocates ‘You’ve Convinced Me’,” NBC Latino, 8/22/13)

On Syrian refugees:
1. Donald Trump: “I hate the concept of it, but on a humanitarian basis, you have to [take in Syrian refugees]” (Nick Gass, “Trump Calls For Taking In Syrian Refugees,” Politico, 9/9/15)

On Obamacare:(Must follow link to youtube where in the video interview Trump exclaims clearly that he wants the government to pay 100% of health care for EVERYBODY. Note, the interview is from 2015...)
https://youtu.be/6inQmf96SYQ

I could continue on and on but you get the idea. What Trump the candidate says and what Trump the man believes are two entirely different things. He is clearly pandering to what he believes his base to be, a base that either no longer care about conservative values or are entirely illiterate. Using Freerepublic as an example,which used to be a pro-conservative forum. Two years ago it was filled with members viciously defending the 2nd amendment, calling for Obamacare to be repealed etc. Today it is filled (and ran) by Trump slaves. Any effort to point out what Trump really believes based upon facts are immediately shut down with malice. I don't get it at all.

Never-mind the myriad of Trump quotes about women, no point in rehashing as others have covered it, but seriously, do the Trump supporters believe for a second that Hillary is not going to use every single word to her advantage?

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Trump Mania
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 08:53:07 pm »
Yeah....but, but, but......WALL!!!!!!

A-Lert

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 09:07:29 pm »
So all these people who endorse Trump are dupes, fools, ignorant and stupid?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Donald_Trump_presidential_campaign_endorsements,_2016

Look it over closely.

Offline Spook

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 09:20:05 pm »
I would have to say that the "dupes" are us.

Anyone calling themselves "conservative" while being a supporter of Trump ought to at a minimum be real with themselves and declare their new far left liberal party affiliation.

A-Lert

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 09:35:39 pm »
I would have to say that the "dupes" are us.

Anyone calling themselves "conservative" while being a supporter of Trump ought to at a minimum be real with themselves and declare their new far left liberal party affiliation.

So all those people are far left liberals?  :laughingdog:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Donald_Trump_presidential_campaign_endorsements,_2016

Mark “Oz” Geist said, “We, perhaps more than any Americans, know the absolute and imperative reason that we elect Donald J. Trump as President of the United States. First and foremost, under a Trump administration, the request for additional security by an ambassador would have been heeded, and second, there is no question, when the attack came,he would have moved heaven and earth to provide the necessary forces to protect and reinforce our warriors. Mr. Trump is the bold, decisive leader America needs at this time.” Oz added, “Under President Trump, many conflicts will be avoided because our enemies will fear the United States and our military.”

John Tiegen added, “It is very clear to see the groundswell of support, never seen before in recent politics. Americans want a strong leader, one who cares more about the safety and freedom of the American people than he does winning elections, or what the press might think. In honor of those we have fought with, I am proud to endorse the next President of the United States, Donald J. Trump.”

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 09:51:37 pm »
So all these people who endorse Trump are dupes, fools, ignorant and stupid?

Look it over closely.
Those who look to authoritarian leaders are susceptible to a cult of personality like Trump.
Principles matter. Words matter.

HonestJohn

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2016, 09:53:13 pm »
Yeah....but, but, but......WALL!!!!!!

And Mexicans are RAPISTS!!! (Hide 'ur wimmen, the Hottentots R commin'!!!)

Deport 'em all!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2016, 09:54:53 pm »
I will easily put all this bickering to bed right now. To deny the divinity of Trump and Trump's campaign as well as his role presently and in the future, is to deny God to his face.

The parallels between what Trump is doing, and how he is being treated are similar in many aspects to what Jesus did and how Jesus was treated for it. While Jesus worked to reform a religious institution which he felt had lost its way, Trump seeks to reform a government which has gone wildly astray of its founding principles as well as ignoring and even disparaging the so called, "will of the people".

The link below is to an article called Donald 'Jesus' Trump in the American thinker which explains this much better than I ever could.

Calm down. Accept 'The Donald' for who he is and what his mission must be. The world will be enlightened and a better place for his being sent to us.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/04/donald_jesus_trump.html
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

HonestJohn

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2016, 09:57:15 pm »
Those who look to authoritarian leaders are susceptible to a cult of personality like Trump.

This.

It's not really a right-left issue with Trump.  It's an authoritarian vs freedom issue.

Trump's a nascent dictator and I don't want to give him the chance to grow into the role.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2016, 10:01:35 pm »
This.

It's not really a right-left issue with Trump.  It's an authoritarian vs freedom issue.

Trump's a nascent dictator and I don't want to give him the chance to grow into the role.
:amen:

A-Lert

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2016, 10:04:51 pm »

So all these people who endorse Trump are dupes, fools, ignorant,  stupid  and susceptible to a cult of personality like Trump?  You mean the people listed below?

Michael T. Flynn, retired U.S. Lieutenant General, director of the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency (2012–2014), commander of the Joint Functional Component Command for Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, and foreign policy adviser to the Trump campaign[30]

Gary L. Harrell, retired as a Major General, former Delta Force commander, and adviser to the Trump campaign[31][32]

Charles R. Kubic, retired Rear Admiral, former Commander of the 1st Naval Construction Division and 1st Marine Expeditionary Force Engineer Group, president of engineering firm ECC International, LLC, and adviser to the Trump campaign[31][33]

Bert Mizusawa, U.S. Army Major General, former Deputy Director for Strategic Initiatives, Joint Chiefs of Staff, former commander of the Combined Joint Interagency Task Force-Afghanistan (CJIATF-A), and adviser to the Trump campaign[31][34]

Robert C. Oaks, retired U.S. Air Force General, commander of Air Training Command and United States Air Forces in Europe (1986–1990), former Senior Vice President of U.S. Airways, and general authority of Mormon Church[35][36]

Paul E. Vallely, retired U.S. Army Major General, 351st Civil Affairs Commander (1982–1986), former Deputy
Commanding General, Pacific Command, co-author of Endgame: The Blueprint for Victory in the War on Terror, and Military Committee Chairman for the Center for Security Policy[37][38][39]

Mark Burns, pastor and co-founder of the South Carolina-based Christian TV network, The NOW Network[192]

Jerry Falwell, Jr., president of Liberty University[193]

Carl Gallups, Florida pastor and Sandy Hook truther[194][195]

Robert Jeffress, pastor of First Baptist Church in Dallas, Texas[196]

James F. Linzey, ordained minister in the Southern Baptist Convention[197]

James David Manning, chief pastor at the ATLAH World Missionary Church[198]

Mike Murdock, singer-songwriter, televangelist and pastor of the Wisdom Center ministry[199]

Darrell Scott, Cleveland-based pastor and now CEO of the National Diversity Coalition for Trump[200]

A-Lert

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2016, 10:06:53 pm »
And Mexicans are RAPISTS!!! (Hide 'ur wimmen, the Hottentots R commin'!!!)

Deport 'em all!

888ohnoes

HonestJohn

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2016, 10:07:14 pm »
I will easily put all this bickering to bed right now. To deny the divinity of Trump and Trump's campaign as well as his role presently and in the future, is to deny God to his face.

The parallels between what Trump is doing, and how he is being treated are similar in many aspects to what Jesus did and how Jesus was treated for it. While Jesus worked to reform a religious institution which he felt had lost its way, Trump seeks to reform a government which has gone wildly astray of its founding principles as well as ignoring and even disparaging the so called, "will of the people".

The link below is to an article called Donald 'Jesus' Trump in the American thinker which explains this much better than I ever could.

Calm down. Accept 'The Donald' for who he is and what his mission must be. The world will be enlightened and a better place for his being sent to us.

I posted something similar yesterday.  It's remarkable that two different authors from two different sources have come to the same conclusion.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,204380.0.html

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2016, 10:12:01 pm »

Jesus H Trump!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2016, 10:14:23 pm »
Fort Wayne, Indiana. Sunday, May 1   

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2016, 10:15:53 pm »

You mean...like a "Chosen" one. Also known as Herr Cruz!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 10:16:51 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2016, 10:19:08 pm »
This.

Dictators are rarely "deal makers". No, those tend to be hardcore ideologues...you know...like Ted Cruz and/or Hillary Clinton.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2016, 10:23:06 pm »
Dictators are rarely "deal makers". No, those tend to be hardcore ideologues...you know...like Ted Cruz and/or Hillary Clinton.

:thumbsup3:

A-Lert

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2016, 10:25:49 pm »

:thumbsup: goopo

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2016, 10:26:12 pm »

Trump's not gonna make any "deals."  That's bullshit for his bubbas.  Trump will do what he wants; he'll overstep Constitutional bounds more than Obama.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2016, 10:26:23 pm »
@A-Lert
As I said, people who look to authoritarians are susceptible to a  cult of personality.

Other traits include a desire to belong, gullibility (impaired capacity to question critically what one is told, observes, thinks),low tolerance for ambiguity, dissatisfaction with the status quo), idealism, susceptibility to trance-like states (think of the mindless stupor and fainting at Obama rallies), lack of self-confidence, and ignorance of how groups can manipulate individuals.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2016, 10:28:13 pm »
You mean...like a "Chosen" one. Also known as Herr Cruz!
Not in my case. Cruz is a consistent Constitutionalist and so am I.

A-Lert

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2016, 10:29:58 pm »
Trump's not gonna make any "deals."  That's bullshit for his bubbas.  Trump will do what he wants; he'll overstep Constitutional bounds more than Obama.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/trump-trump-donald-j/1110292835

Trump: The Art of the Deal

Offline austingirl

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2016, 10:31:48 pm »
So you admit you are not a Constitutional Conservative or hardcore ideologue as you term Cruz? I guess that is why you support the liberal.

A-Lert

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2016, 10:34:32 pm »
@A-Lert
As I said, people who look to authoritarians are susceptible to a  cult of personality.

Other traits include a desire to belong, gullibility (impaired capacity to question critically what one is told, observes, thinks),low tolerance for ambiguity, dissatisfaction with the status quo), idealism, susceptibility to trance-like states (think of the mindless stupor and fainting at Obama rallies), lack of self-confidence, and ignorance of how groups can manipulate individuals.

So all those people who support and endorse Trump, the military leaders, religious leaders, politicians, business and civic leaders are just mindless, gullible dupes? Any wonder why we question the judgement of anti-Trumps/never trumps. :facepalm2: