Author Topic: Cruz will not say if he'll support Trump  (Read 982 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cruz will not say if he'll support Trump
« on: May 01, 2016, 03:42:04 pm »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/cruz-will-not-say-if-hell-support-trump/article/2590050

Cruz will not say if he'll support Trump
By Gabby Morrongiello (@gabriellahope_) • 5/1/16 9:45 AM

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz now refuses to say whether he will support Donald Trump should the Republican presidential front-runner secure the GOP nomination.

"You've spent this entire interview trying to eviscerate Donald Trump. If he's the nominee, I take it you can't support him anymore, can you?" NBC's Chuck Todd asked the Republican hopeful during an interview Sunday morning.

"I believe if the Republican Party nominates Donald Trump we will lose to Hillary," Cruz responded.

"But are you going to support him?" Todd asked again.

"We will lose," Cruz repeated.

"I understand what you believe in the Republican Party. Can you support him?" the visibly frustrated host asked again.

"What I'm going to do is beat him," Cruz said. "I recognize that many in the media would love for me to surrender to Donald Trump because it means number one that Hillary wins."

"He may win," Todd responded. "Republican voters are the ones rejecting you, this is not a media conspiracy, senator."

Cruz continued to skirt around Todd's initial question about supporting Trump as the nominee for several minutes until the MSNBC anchor pressed him further.

"Why can't you answer the question of whether you can support Donald Trump or not?" Todd said.

"Let me finish this point I'm making," Cruz said, arguing Trump has received disproportionate airtime during the primary campaign.

"You don't get to just say that," Todd said. "You're broad brushing here, and it's — this is exactly what people hate about the media and politics, broad brushes, right?"

"Can you answer the question about whether you are going to support [Trump]?" he added.

"I am going to beat Donald Trump," Cruz said, refusing to answer the question once more.

An NBC News/Wall Street Journal/Marist poll released Sunday shows Trump leading the Texas senator by 15 percentage points in Indiana, where voters are set to cast their ballots next Tuesday.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online cato potatoe

Re: Cruz will not say if he'll support Trump
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 04:08:45 pm »
Upchuck Todd repeats the laziest and most obnoxious question he can find.  This should be the final election in which candidates pledge to support the eventual nominee.  Trump has since disqualified himself, and now the other candidates are bound to shred their own credibility.  Next election, when asked the first time, just respond by saying the determination will be made after the primaries conclude.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 04:17:47 pm »
Cruz should have been better prepared for the obvious question.  He could easily said he expects to win, but if not, his support like so many will depend on how Trump represents the GOP and conservative values during the Fall campaign. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 04:19:34 pm »
The question was a classic media trap, and Cruz was right not to answer it.

The trap is such if he had answered in the affirmative, then his campaign would have been effectively over after the full-tilt, blast-media coverage it would have been given and the demoralizing effect it would certainly have had on his supporters. If he had said "no", then he would have been depicted by the media as a crazy dead-ender. Better not to feed the Beast.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Bill Cipher

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 04:20:18 pm »

The trap is such if he had answered in the affirmative, then his campaign would have been effectively over after the full-tilt, blast-media coverage it would have been given and the demoralizing effect it would certainly have had on his supporters. If he had said "no", then he would have been depicted by the media as a crazy dead-ender. Better not to feed the Beast.

agreed

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 05:43:24 pm »
Will be supporting the most conservative 3rd party available.  And to those who claim it elects Hitlerly, I counter that when the orange facade comes off, the duped will find that there won't be that much difference between Trump and the witch.  Rather not have the GOP blamed for a Trump failed presidency.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Silver Pines

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2016, 06:39:52 pm »
I think Cruz answered the question of whether he would vote for Trump pretty clearly, without directly addressing it.

Can't say I blame the man, considering Trump's attempt to smear his wife.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2016, 06:45:43 pm »
Will be supporting the most conservative 3rd party available.  And to those who claim it elects Hitlerly, I counter that when the orange facade comes off, the duped will find that there won't be that much difference between Trump and the witch.  Rather not have the GOP blamed for a Trump failed presidency.

:amen:

I would suggest taking a good look at the former Governor of New Mexico Gary Johnson who will be the Libertarian nominee.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2016, 08:20:09 pm »
I think Cruz answered the question of whether he would vote for Trump pretty clearly, without directly addressing it.

Can't say I blame the man, considering Trump's attempt to smear his wife.

i'd be incredibly disappointed in Cruz if he gave one iota of support to Orange Charlatan.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2016, 08:23:13 pm »

goopo
Principles matter. Words matter.

Silver Pines

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2016, 11:28:31 pm »
i'd be incredibly disappointed in Cruz if he gave one iota of support to Orange Charlatan.

I wouldn't be happy with him, either.

Online libertybele

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2016, 01:54:15 am »
I think Cruz answered very well; in fact once again he's telling it like it is, unfortunately it seems that there are a lot of people out there that are either deaf or just plain dumb:

...According to the Texas senator, the stakes of this election couldn’t be higher. “If we lose this, we lose our country. We lose the Supreme Court for a generation, religious liberty is taken away, our kids are bankrupted,” he said.

Not only that, we will lose our 2nd amendment right; without it we will have NO rights!

#NeverTrump

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.