Author Topic: Only an Act of God Can Stop Trump Now  (Read 444 times)

HAPPY2BME

Only an Act of God Can Stop Trump Now
« on: May 01, 2016, 05:09:33 am »
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/pat-buchanan-donald-trump-set-win/2016/04/29/id/726517/

By Bill Hoffmann   |   Friday, 29 Apr 2016 06:18 PM

The only obstacle that can prevent Donald Trump from clinching the Republican presidential nomination is an act of "divine intervention," veteran political commentator and two-time presidential candidate Patrick J. Buchanan tells Newsmax TV.

"Trump is indeed the presumptive nominee as of now and if he wins Indiana, I don't see how he is stopped absent divine intervention," Buchanan said Friday to J.D. Hayworth on "Newsmax Prime."

"I think what's happening is that the realization that Trump is going to be the nominee and if he does really well in the election, we can save both Houses of Congress [for Republicans] and we are all going to be in this together.

"While a lot of folks are still resisting to the idea of Trump as the nominee, I think more and more are moving toward a posture of acceptance."

After his five-state sweep earlier this week, Trump now has 996 delegates wrapped up and needs just 241 more to reach the magic number of 1,237 that will prevent a contested GOP convention this summer.

"By the time you get to the convention, almost all Republicans, except those who are walking out and going elsewhere, I think they will be aboard if they're not enthusiastic," said Buchanan, an adviser to Presidents Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan and Gerald Ford.

Offline plewis1250

Re: Only an Act of God Can Stop Trump Now
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 06:38:56 am »
This is optimistic hogwash from a strong supporter of the mentioned candidate.

Buchanan has destroyed his credibility, as have many with their blind support of Donald J. Trump.

Conservative stalwarts? Nope. Populist hacks? You bet.
The pecking order: Christian, American, Conservative

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Only an Act of God Can Stop Trump Now
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 07:42:44 am »
This is optimistic hogwash from a strong supporter of the mentioned candidate.

Buchanan has destroyed his credibility, as have many with their blind support of Donald J. Trump.

Conservative stalwarts? Nope. Populist hacks? You bet.

You seem like a Christian, an American, and a Conservative... don't you know you have no place in the Trump Party?

Those values, ethics, ideals and morals you hold dear are for losers.  Real winners play all sides of the issues, give money to all the political players, and laugh at your hometowny virtues of right and wrong.

You don't sound like the kind of patriot who would denigrate so-called "human beings"...like Mexicans as murderers and rapists while importing them as workers.

I bet you have never defiled a cheerleader much less a beauty pageant winner.  pathetic.   

In fact, you sound like a loser who doesn't have 3 wives.  You sound like a loser who doesn't see the need for a soviet style wall around the land of the free and home of the brave.

Don't you want to make America great again?

Stop thinking for yourself and ride off to the sound of the guns.