Author Topic: America and Donald Trump: You’re getting what you deserve - Letter from Istanbul  (Read 328 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
....So when my American friends ask what I think of Donald Trump, I tell them outright: “I sure hope he gets to be the president.” They tend to look at me with horror, and search my face for signs that I’m joking. “So you get a little taste of what we have all been going through in the rest of the world,” I add by way of explanation.....

....The majority of people on this planet live under corrupt and authoritarian regimes, some of which are close allies of Washington. So now you are getting yours too — what’s the big deal! I tell my panicked U.S. friends.....

http://www.politico.eu/article/watching-donald-trump-in-istanbul-authoritarian-regimes/

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
When I watch Trump rallies from Istanbul, and see all the self-centered anger and the promises of economic prosperity so commonly used by all populist demagogues. I see telltale signs of the type of social protest movements that brought in Erdoğan in Turkey, Narendra Modi in India, Hugo Chavez in Venezuela, Jacob Zuma in South Africa...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 03:36:15 pm by AbaraXas »