Author Topic: Trump Would Press the Agenda That Drove His Voters from the GOP  (Read 279 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
....The second thing missing from the “Insurgent v. Insurgent” storyline is: We’re one insurgent short. Donald Trump is the Washington establishment. The fact that he has not previously held public office does not make him an “outsider.” Hell, Reince Priebus — the head of the Republican National Committee — has never held public office. If the ruling class were just the officeholders, it would be short-lived. The Donald Trumps who pay the freight are the Washington establishment’s lifeblood. They are joined to the officeholders at the hip . . . or hadn’t you noticed Governor Christie shadowing The Donald? When Trump leans Republican, he leans with the Republicans who play ball with Democrats. When Trump leans Republican, he leans with the Republicans who play ball with Democrats. It is Democrats, predominantly, who have been lavished with Trump’s material and moral support over the decades. There is plenty of room at the Trump trough, though, for the kind of Republicans that primary voters thought they had deep-sixed.....

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/434787/donald-trump-insurgent-republican-establishment-media

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
Re: Trump Would Press the Agenda That Drove His Voters from the GOP
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 03:14:04 pm »

I'm not sure what to make of the author's agrument. I don't see Trump having any agenda, other than his ego, to press. As president he will be the Trump we've seen ever since we've known Trump. Meandering in and out of positions with no significant intellectual vigor or moral compass. Everything is calculated to benefit the Donald, not the country.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin