Author Topic: Rubio: Trump has 'improved significantly'  (Read 513 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rubio: Trump has 'improved significantly'
« on: April 29, 2016, 09:13:11 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/278212-rubio-warming-up-to-trump

April 29, 2016, 03:54 pm
Rubio: Trump has 'improved significantly'

By Mark Hensch

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), once Donald Trump's bitter rival for the presidential nomination, appears to be warming to the GOP front-runner.

“[Trump’s] performance has improved significantly,” Rubio said, according to The Palm Beach Post.

In a separate interview, Rubio said the GOP should avoid a divisive battle for the nomination.

“Look, let’s not divide the party,” he told Miami radio host Jimmy Cefalo, according to The Tampa Bay Times.

“You have someone here who has all these votes, very close to 1,237 [delegates],” Rubio said. "Let’s not ignore the will of the people or they’re going to be angry. Delegates may decide on that reason that they decide to vote for Donald Trump but if they don’t it’s not illegitimate in any way.

“I’ve always said that I will support the Republican nominee, and that’s especially true now that it’s apparent that Hillary Clinton will be the Democratic nominee.”

Rubio suspended his White House run last month after losing badly to Trump in his home state.

Trump has a big edge in the GOP presidential race, with 996 delegates, according to The Associated Press. Rival Ted Cruz has 565 and John Kasich has 153.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Rubio: Trump has 'improved significantly'
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 09:13:41 pm »
Sounds like an endorsement coming soon
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 09:18:17 pm »
It's about winning right? If I've read it once, I've read it a thousand times, if we don't all get behind the nominee we can't win, and if we can't win, the Democrats will run roughshod over the country.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 09:18:39 pm »
Can't forgive Rubio for endorsing Trump.  So I guess he's not done with politics after all.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 09:19:34 pm »
It's about winning right? If I've read it once, I've read it a thousand times, if we don't all get behind the nominee we can't win, and if we can't win, the Democrats will run roughshod over the country.

If we win with Trump, we lose.

Jonathan Martin ‏@jmartNYT  36m36 minutes ago
The likely GOP nominee just now: "Folks, I'm a conservative but at this point who cares, we got out to straighten out the country"
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 09:22:57 pm »
If Rubio were to declare for Trump, and ask his delegates to go to Trump, could effectively end the contest in Trump's favor.

Some think Rubio is among the smartest choices for Mr. Trump's VP pick as well.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline ThePatriotFile

• #NEVERCLINTON
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 09:25:36 pm »
UPDATE: Rubio taken WAAAAY out of context!

http://therightscoop.com/rubio-warms-up-to-trump-warns-against-a-contested-convention/

Rubio was hitting back against Trump saying the system was rigged. He wasn’t making the argument that we shouldn’t have a contested convention and that we should just give Trump the nomination.

He was suggesting that, if Trump gets close to 1237, it’s valid to make the argument to delegates to support him, to not divide the party and ignore the will of the people. But he said there’s nothing illegitimate if delegates decide not to support him and give him the 1237.

So he’s not going soft on Trump.
Starts @ the 5 minute mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05Si4glIY58
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 09:30:37 pm by ThePatriotFile »

Offline Relic

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 09:26:02 pm »
If we win with Trump, we lose.

Jonathan Martin ‏@jmartNYT  36m36 minutes ago
The likely GOP nominee just now: "Folks, I'm a conservative but at this point who cares, we got out to straighten out the country"

Nope. Almost anyone is better than Hillary Clinton. And Trump fits into the almost anyone category.

If Hillary is elected, she will appoint a liberal justice to the USSC and shortly thereafter a case will find it's way to the court that requires an interpretation of the second amendment.

Trump is a loose canon. Trump is not a good person. I know all that. But, he is better than Hillary.

Offline Relic

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 09:29:58 pm »
If Rubio were to declare for Trump, and ask his delegates to go to Trump, could effectively end the contest in Trump's favor.

These politicians are something else. They really live in a different world than I do.
"Little Marco" is now ready to put aside the mocking and throw in with Trump. Just like Ben Carson, and Chris Christie.

It's just amazing to watch. I suppose for the magnitude of dollars involved, I might do as they do.

HAPPY2BME

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 09:45:17 pm »

Trump can't pick a politician, can he? Would that not be the height of hypocrisy? He should get Gen James who can tell him where to drop those nukes.

geronl

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2016, 09:49:12 pm »
touting the endorsement of a rapist and wanting grown men and little girls sharing the same bathroom is an improvement.... no **nononono*

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2016, 01:24:42 am »
touting the endorsement of a rapist and wanting grown men and little girls sharing the same bathroom is an improvement.... no **nononono*

You have to understand that even though Rubio stated he is done with politics he really was hoping for the VP spot -- Cruz chose Fiorina and Rubio now feels he has nothing to lose by endorsing Trump ... nothing to lose but his integrity yet again!

#Never Trump
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.