Author Topic: Indiana Gov. Pence to endorse Cruz: report  (Read 404 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Indiana Gov. Pence to endorse Cruz: report
« on: April 29, 2016, 03:00:36 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-primaries/278138-indiana-gov-pence-to-endorse-cruz-report

April 29, 2016, 10:26 am
Indiana Gov. Pence to endorse Cruz: report

By Jesse Byrnes

Indiana Gov. Mike Pence will endorse Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz on Friday, ABC's Jonathan Karl reported.

Jonathan Karl

‎@jonkarl

Mike Pence will endorse @tedcruz today, a source familiar with his plans tells me.
9:18 AM - 29 Apr 2016 · Arlington, VA, United States

The popular Hoosier State governor is slated to make a "significant announcement" on a radio show in the state hosted by Greg Garrison.

Speaking to media in Indianapolis on Friday morning, Cruz did not confirm an endorsement was coming. But he called Pence an “optimistic, positive, unifying force” and a “strong leader that I respect.”

"I'd enthusiastically welcome his support," Cruz said, adding that he looked forward with anticipation to the radio announcement.

He went on to tout endorsements from other Republicans and former GOP rivals in a call for the party to "unite."

Carly Fiorina, Cruz's newly announced presidential running mate, slammed Donald Trump for touting the endorsement of boxing legend Mike Tyson, who in 1992 was convicted of rape in Indianapolis and spent three years in prison.

"I think it says a lot about Donald Trump's campaign and his character that he is standing up and cheering for an endorsement from Mike Tyson," Fiorina said.

Indiana and its 57 delegates is key to the efforts by Cruz and John Kasich to deny Trump the necessary 1,237 delegates needed to lock up the nomination. Kasich has pulled out of Indiana to clear a path for Cruz, while Cruz is doing the same for Kasich in Oregon and New Mexico.

Fiorina said there’s no reason for any Indiana voters to support Kasich, arguing that “a vote for John Kasich is a vote for Donald Trump."

"If you want to beat Hillary Clinton and you want a conservative who is going to stand in the White House for you and fight with you, you've got to vote for Ted Cruz," she said. "John Kasich is throwing your vote away."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Indiana Gov. Pence to endorse Cruz: report
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 03:01:54 pm »
Yuge!!!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 03:04:17 pm »
As some TCG members would say....

BOOM!!!!!                                                            BOOM!!!!!

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 03:20:14 pm »
That is good news
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 04:41:38 pm »
As some TCG members would say....

BOOM!!!!!                                                            BOOM!!!!!

I just heard the "endorsement" and speaking for myself, certainly not the TCG, here's my rating.   :laugh:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 04:46:15 pm »
Waiting for the accusation that Cruz "paid off" Pence for the endorsement in 3…2…1…
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 04:49:28 pm »
Pence's endorsement of Cruz reminds me of asking for Coke in a restaurant and the server says "Is Pepsi OK"?

Pence did just enough to get conservatives off his back.  Which kinda describes his political career.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 04:50:40 pm »
This will offset Bobby Knight beautifully.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 05:06:51 pm »
Just glanced in at F.R. and they are all saying that Pence did not endorse Cruz, just said he would vote for Cruz.

Actually, they are all saying the same thing now since anyone who isn't in lock step has been outed.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 05:12:42 pm »
What a pleasant surprise.

Pence gives kind words to Trump and an endorsement of Cruz
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 05:18:25 pm »
This will offset Bobby Knight beautifully.

LOL!   :silly:

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2016, 05:19:49 pm »
Pence's endorsement of Cruz reminds me of asking for Coke in a restaurant and the server says "Is Pepsi OK"?

Pence did just enough to get conservatives off his back.  Which kinda describes his political career.

Agree.

TheSwede Shanehill • 4 minutes ago
 Yeah. It's telling that he won't do it on stage with Cruz. He doesn't want that image with them together, it could hurt him.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2016, 05:33:36 pm »
Great endorsement for Cruz!!   :patriot: :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2016, 05:38:57 pm »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2016, 05:42:13 pm »
Personally, I thought that Pence's endorsement was weak, kinda like he's hedging his bets.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Hank Rearden

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2016, 06:10:44 pm »
Just glanced in at F.R. ... they are all saying the same thing now since anyone who isn't in lock step has been outed.

Been a FReeper since '99. Suspended a week one month ago for tangling with a bleep shill. Now my posts are all under review by Mods instead of going live. Expecting the zot at any time.

That's the thanks one gets for donating to JR's quarterly beg-a-thons. Hope Trump paid him enough to justify his betrayal of conservatism. Starting to wonder if Trump didn't buy the place given that there's now less dissent at FR than in North Korea.
"The enemy never sees the backs of my Texans." - Gen. Robert E. Lee