Author Topic: The Winds Appear to Have Shifted In Ted Cruz’s Favor  (Read 1842 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The Winds Appear to Have Shifted In Ted Cruz’s Favor
« on: April 29, 2016, 12:33:54 pm »
Erickson is more optimistic than I.

There were several events yesterday that suggest to me the winds have shifted in Ted Cruz’s favor since he named Carly Fiorina his running mate.

First, John Boehner had a complete and utter meltdown about Ted Cruz yesterday. He referred to Cruz as both an S.O.B. and Lucifer. Then Peter King, the noxious congressman from New York, came out and declared Cruz worse than the devil. He was followed up by former senator Judd Gregg who declared he would rather Trump than Cruz, even though he is a Kasich guy.....

http://theresurgent.com/the-winds-appear-to-have-shifted-in-ted-cruzs-favor/

« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 12:34:23 pm by AbaraXas »

geronl

Re: The Winds Appear to Have Shifted In Ted Cruz’s Favor
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 12:50:33 pm »
I  no longer have any great expectation for this doomed country, but I sure hope he is right

Offline ABX

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 12:55:44 pm »
I  no longer have any great expectation for this doomed country, but I sure hope he is right

I think we've gone way too much pop culture/tabloid for a significant enough percentage of people to vote on principles versus voting for whomever has the catch phrase they like.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 12:57:26 pm »
I think this country has been dumbed down too much, for far too long, to recover easily

Offline ABX

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 01:05:50 pm »
I think this country has been dumbed down too much, for far too long, to recover easily

I'm generally a big proponent of using social media, but I believe it has greatly contributed to our issues. In the past, the schyzophrenic kook who heard voices could, if he was lucky, create a newsletter for other kooks with an offset printer in his garage and the circle of his reach would just be the circle of kooks who searched each other out.

Now things that used to be asinine are being believed and passed along by what normally would be sensible people. For example, I know developers who strongly believe in chemtrail conspiracies.

All it takes is one convincing looking source to start a story and a million people could have seen it within hours, passed along and repeated by so many people that it appears to be common knowledge.

Here is a good example. During the whole National Enquirer kerfuffle, one blog, with only one post and no initial followers, made up a completely unsourced story that Amanda Carpenter's sister-in-law confirmed the affair rumors.  Now, that bogus accusation is considered common knowledge by many and is found repeated on thousands of sites.
https://www.bing.com/search?q=amanda+carpenter%27s+sister-in-law&pc=MOZI&form=MOZSBR

I know Amanda and some members of her family and she has one sister-in-law and she completely denied ever talking to that blog, saying a thing about it, or that it is true at all.

Yet, if you go on FR today, even there you'll have hundreds of members repeat that as fact too...

...all because some troll one day decided to make a little blog, make one post with a convincing sounding story that had zero confirmation sources or evidence and bam... common knowledge...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 01:07:37 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline rodamala

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 01:21:09 pm »

Welcome to Costco.  I love you.

Offline ABX

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 01:23:14 pm »

I'm just glad you didn't say Welcome to Starbucks in that context.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 01:29:06 pm »

:mauslaff:

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 01:29:55 pm »
I want what Erick Ericson is smoking. I think there's still a chance to stop Trump, but man, is it a longshot at this point.

geronl

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 01:32:40 pm »
I'm generally a big proponent of using social media, but I believe it has greatly contributed to our issues. In the past, the schyzophrenic kook who heard voices could, if he was lucky, create a newsletter for other kooks with an offset printer in his garage and the circle of his reach would just be the circle of kooks who searched each other out.

In a way, the internet has made us all kooks.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 01:33:54 pm »

This country has been liberalized.  Liberalism isn't working, hasn't worked and will not work in the future.  Trump and Hillary will continue that liberalism. IMHO with either one of them as president, I believe this country will fail.  I also believe that millions of courageous conservatives across this nation are not going to change their beliefs, ideals, morals or disregard our Constitution.  We will still be around to pick up the pieces.  No, recovery will not be easy nor will it happen overnight.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

• Technical
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2016, 01:42:31 pm »
In a way, the internet has made us all kooks.

With conservatism, probably liberalism as well, people have tended to seek out echo chambers that got more and more extreme. Take Trump, he has a hardcore groups of loyalists who believe more than anything that the guy is going to trounce Hillary. Absolutely nothing on this earth will dissuade them. But polls have shown them wrong: Trump's support isn't a silent majority at all, but a loud vocal minority that believes it's a silent majority. Reality will be so painful in November for these folks and for all of us who don't want a liberal supreme court giving illegals the right to vote. But to bury your head in the sand is folly.

In the end, we all enabled Trump and his support in small ways. I myself was a supporter until December and the Muslim ban. A lot of his detractors were Trump defenders when we should have known better. Even Cruz was a vociferous Trump defender. A lot of his detractors were early Trump supporters too.

This will be a hard and painful lesson for us all to learn come November and beyond and we will all pay the price.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2016, 12:33:44 am »
I'm just glad you didn't say Welcome to Starbucks in that context.

"Yeah, well, I really don't think we have time for a hand job, Joe."

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2016, 12:41:09 am »
Who's on track insofar as the delegate count is concerned?

Answers here:
http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/election-2016/delegate-targets/