Author Topic: Cruz: Boehner's 'inner Trump' came out  (Read 423 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Cruz: Boehner's 'inner Trump' came out
« on: April 29, 2016, 07:00:54 am »
ohn Boehner let his inner Donald Trump come out, Ted Cruz said Thursday in response to the former House speaker’s comments that Cruz is “Lucifer in the flesh” and the most “miserable son of a bitch” he’s ever worked with.

“John Boehner had some interesting comments last night. He actually didn’t abbreviate what he said,” Cruz told reporters during a news conference in Fort Wayne, Indiana, referring to what a reporter paraphrased as “SOB.”

“He allowed his inner Trump to come out,” Cruz added.

The Texas senator vigorously distanced himself from the former Republican leader, remarking that he found it interesting that Boehner suggested they’ve worked together.

“I’ve never worked with John Boehner. Truth of the matter is I don’t know the man,” Cruz said. “I’ve met John Boehner two or three times in my life. If I have said 50 words in my life to John Boehner, I’d be surprised, and every one of them has consisted of pleasantries. ‘Good to see you, Mr. Speaker.’ I’ve never had any substantive conversations with John Boehner in any respect.”

According to a Stanford Daily report, Boehner on Wednesday night also acknowledged Trump as someone he’s golfed with for years while noting that the two are “texting buddies” — comments Cruz seized on to blast Trump.

“John Boehner in his remarks described Donald Trump as his texting and golfing buddy. So if you want someone that’s a texting and golfing buddy, if you’re happy with John Boehner as speaker of the House and you want a president like John Boehner, Donald Trump’s your man,” Cruz said, adding that the Republican presidential front-runner had contributed $100,000 to a pro-Boehner super PAC a few years ago and funded Democratic leaders Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid, too.

More at:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/04/john-boehner-ted-cruz-trump-222583
The Republic is lost.

Offline Henry Noel

Re: Cruz: Boehner's 'inner Trump' came out
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 07:16:46 am »
Here Trump can be judged by his friends; Cruz by his enemies.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!