Author Topic: For California Republicans, It's Showtime  (Read 432 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
For California Republicans, It's Showtime
« on: April 29, 2016, 05:57:41 am »
California Republicans will take a rare turn basking in the nation’s political spotlight this weekend.

Presidential candidates Donald Trump, Ted Cruz and John Kasich will each speak at the California Republican Party convention in Burlingame, which opens Friday and runs through Sunday.

California is poised to decide the Republican presidential nominee for the first time in more than 50 years. In 1964, the Golden State picked Arizona Sen. Barry Goldwater over New York Gov. Nelson Rockefeller. It was an upset – and it delivered Goldwater the GOP nomination.

This year, California’s June 7th presidential primary could make or break Trump’s push to win a majority of pledged delegates to the Republican National Convention this summer.

More at:

http://news.wjct.org/post/california-republicans-its-showtime
The Republic is lost.

Offline The Jackal

• #nevertrump
Re: For California Republicans, It's Showtime
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 06:07:42 am »
California Republicans will take a rare turn basking in the nation’s political spotlight this weekend.

Presidential candidates Donald Trump, Ted Cruz and John Kasich will each speak at the California Republican Party convention in Burlingame, which opens Friday and runs through Sunday.

California is poised to decide the Republican presidential nominee for the first time in more than 50 years. In 1964, the Golden State picked Arizona Sen. Barry Goldwater over New York Gov. Nelson Rockefeller. It was an upset – and it delivered Goldwater the GOP nomination.

This year, California’s June 7th presidential primary could make or break Trump’s push to win a majority of pledged delegates to the Republican National Convention this summer.

More at:

http://news.wjct.org/post/california-republicans-its-showtime

Yep. And Trump is not getting my vote. Cruz is. And I'm pleased to be in a place where I can say that without being threatened.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 06:08:40 am by The Jackal »

geronl

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 06:28:12 am »
I think I'm going to get ulcers at the idea of needing California to vote the right way.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 12:05:44 pm »