Author Topic: Sanders: I’d use Justice Department “to go after” state pro-life laws - Live Action News  (Read 1374 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Article is dubbed "analysis" so maybe this is an opinion piece?

Sanders: I’d use Justice Department “to go after” state pro-life laws

In a bid to counteract Hillary Clinton’s narrative that she’s the one true pro-abortion candidate, Vermont Senator and Democrat presidential candidate Bernie Sanders has offered his most aggressive promise to abortion fans yet.

On Monday, he essentially told MSNBC’s Chris Hayes that he would use the power of the presidency to disenfranchise pro-life voters at the state level…

t is no secret that in states all over this country, in a dozen different ways, there are governors and legislatures who are trying to make it impossible for a woman to control her own body. I will use the Department of Justice to go after those states in every way that I legally can. I believe that in the United States of America women have that right to control their own body[.]

I find that, I must say, completely hypocritical for my Republican colleagues who tell us every day how much they hate government, how they want to get government out of our life, but they think that local state and federal government have the right to tell you and every woman in America what she can do with her body. That is hypocrisy.

The second part of that statement is a cheap attack Sanders has hurled repeatedly throughout the campaign, but while it might amuse his groupies jonesing for a quick hit of smug superiority, all it really does is display the shallowness of his arguments on the issue.

For what feels like the millionth time, banning abortion is not telling someone what she can do with “her own” body; it is telling someone she cannot kill someone else. There is no hypocrisy here because protecting the individual from violence is the most elementary of the core functions limited-government advocates want to limit government to!

More At: http://liveactionnews.org/sanders-id-use-justice-department-to-go-after-state-pro-life-laws/

Online mountaineer

Not surprising. Freedom is not much appreciated by the left, and they'll use whatever power they have to deny an individual the exercise of his individual constitutional rights as well as denying a state its right to enact the laws its legislature deems appropriate for that state.

As an aside, I must say that the left's war on children and women makes me sick.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org