Author Topic: Will Ferrell to play Reagan in Alzheimer's 'comedy' By Rick Moran  (Read 1626 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/04/will_ferrell_to_play_reagan_in_alzheimers_comedy.html

April 28, 2016
Will Ferrell to play Reagan in Alzheimer's 'comedy'
By Rick Moran

In the finest traditions of Hollywood hit jobs on conservatives, comedian Will Ferrell will play Ronald Reagan in a "comedy" about the president's affliction with Alzheimers disease.

Can the left sink any lower? Why, yes. Yes they can. In the process of trying to destroy Reagan's reputation, they will apparently alter history to do it.

The Wrap:

Will Ferrell will play President Ronald Reagan in “Reagan,” a political satire written by Mike Rosolio, whose script was voted to the 2015 Black List of Hollywood’s best unproduced screenplays.

Ferrell will produce under his Gary Sanchez Productions banner. The funnyman is no stranger to political comedies, having starred in “The Campaign” and “Dick.” He also played President George W. Bush on “Saturday Night Live” and the Broadway show “You’re Welcome America.”

There’s no director attached to “Reagan” yet, but the project has become a priority forGary Sanchez.

Set at the start of the ex-president’s second term when he was suffering from Alzheimer’s, “Reagan” follows the commander-in-chief as he succumbs to dementia and is convinced by an ambitious intern that he’s actually an actor playing the president in a movie.

The Black List recently held a live reading of the script featuring Lena Dunham, John Cho and James Brolin as President Reagan, which was very well-received.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

Re: Will Ferrell to play Reagan in Alzheimer's 'comedy' By Rick Moran
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 02:21:01 pm »
Hollywood does what Hollywood does. Hollywood, like many other leftist enclaves, live in a different reality than most of the rest of the country.

In Hollywood, Obamacare is a success, the economy is booming, Islam is always peaceful, gun control would reduce crime, Anthropogenic Climate Change is an indisputable fact, heterosexuality is abnormal, Hugo Chavez brought prosperity to Venezuela......

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

debrawiest

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 02:42:54 pm »
Great! Another movie I won't have to see.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 02:45:03 pm »
There is no low they won't go

Offline Millee

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 03:06:14 pm »
More tripe from the Godless cesspool.   **nononono*

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 03:39:57 pm »
Must be a Liberal Statement Piece.  If it sees theatrical release it will be limited to a few select cities.  At best it will be a "Straight to Video/DVD"   I can't see any studio backing this project even with a hack like Ricky Bobby attached to it. 

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 06:56:00 pm »
Permit me to quote myself on what I posted elsewhere about this movie:

There have been mentally handicapped people in my family. I don't mock the mentally handicapped. I have had a parent with dementia. I don't mock people with dementia. The thing is, I wouldn't make fun of either group EVEN IF if I'd never known someone in such condition. That's what reasonable, compassionate, humane, normal people do. They don't mock people for things beyond their control, including appearance and medical conditions. How pathetic people like Will Ferrell and those behind his project must be.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 11:03:47 am »
Reagan’s Daughter Patti Davis Challenges Will Ferrell to Explain How Alzheimer’s Is Funny
by Breitbart News
28 Apr 2016

Patti Davis, daughter of late President Ronald Reagan and Nancy Reagan, penned a moving open letter to actor Will Ferrell on Thursday criticizing his involvement in an upcoming comedic film that will satirize President Reagan’s tragic battle with Alzheimer’s disease.

The film, based on a 2015 Black List script, centers on a fictional story in which President Reagan begins suffering from dementia shortly after a landslide reelection victory in 1984. A young aide must convince Reagan that he is an actor playing the President in a movie.

Ferrell is attached to play Reagan in the film and will produce it under his Gary Sanchez Productions banner.

Below is Davis’ complete open letter to Ferrell.

Dear Mr. Ferrell,

I saw the news bulletin — as did everyone — that you intend to portray my father in the throes of Alzheimer’s for a comedy that you are also producing. Perhaps you have managed to retain some ignorance about Alzheimer’s and other versions of dementia. Perhaps if you knew more, you would not find the subject humorous.

Alzheimer’s doesn’t care if you are President of the United States or a dockworker. It steals what is most precious to a human being — memories, connections, the familiar landmarks of a lifetime that we all come to rely on to hold our place secure in this world and keep us linked to those we have come to know and love. I watched as fear invaded my father’s eyes — this man who was never afraid of anything. I heard his voice tremble as he stood in the living room and said, “I don’t know where I am.” I watched helplessly as he reached for memories, for words, that were suddenly out of reach and moving farther away. For ten long years he drifted — past the memories that marked his life, past all that was familiar…and mercifully, finally past the fear.

There was laughter in those years, but there was never humor.

Alzheimer’s is the ultimate pirate, pillaging a person’s life and leaving an empty landscape behind. It sweeps up entire families, forcing everyone to claw their way through overwhelming grief, confusion, helplessness, and anger. Perhaps for your comedy you would like to visit some dementia facilities. I have — I didn’t find anything comedic there, and my hope would be that if you’re a decent human being, you wouldn’t either.

Twice a week I run a support group called Beyond Alzheimer’s for caregivers and family members of those with Alzheimer’s and dementia. I look into haunted eyes that remind me of my own when my father was ill. I listen to stories of helplessness and loss and am continually moved by the bravery of those who wake up every morning not knowing who their loved one will be that day, or what will be lost. The only certainty with Alzheimer’s is that more will be lost and the disease will always win in the end.

Perhaps you would like to explain to them how this disease is suitable material for a comedy.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 05:09:24 pm »
Well, that didn't last long. According to the Ferrell camp, he read the script and never seriously considered it.

http://pagesix.com/2016/04/29/will-ferrell-pulls-out-of-reagan-alzheimers-comedy/
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 05:25:20 pm »
Will Ferrell has backed out of a comedy about Ronald Reagan’s struggle with Alzheimer’s disease following outrage from the former president’s family.

The 48-year-old comic confirmed Friday that while he had seen the script and considered signing on to star in and produce “Reagan,” he was no longer going ahead with the project.

http://pagesix.com/2016/04/29/will-ferrell-pulls-out-of-reagan-alzheimers-comedy/

geronl

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 06:20:25 pm »

I am sure they will sign someone else. Maybe Johnny Depp who has played everything from an American Indian to a drunken gay Pirate...

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2016, 07:47:00 pm »
Well, that didn't last long. According to the Ferrell camp, he read the script and never seriously considered it.
He may have pulled out, but I doubt he never seriously considered doing it. It just surprised his "camp" that so many people considered it offensive and outrageous.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2016, 08:28:18 pm »
Farrell is Box Office poison.

Forbes: Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actors

3. Will Ferrell
For every $1 Ferrell is paid, his films return an average $3.50.

geronl

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2016, 09:27:04 pm »

If he never seriously considered it, we would have never heard about it. He's backing out because he noticed the backlash.

rangerrebew

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2016, 08:29:54 am »

Will Ferrell Backs Out of Reagan Film

Comedian Will Ferrell has backed out of a film he was set to star in and produce [1] about former President Ronald Reagan.

The film, “Reagan,” depicts Reagan as president but so confused by dementia that an intern convinces him that he is an actor playing the president.

The New York Post's Page Six reported [2]the news.

President Reagan was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease in 1994. He died in 2004 from pneumonia, which is frequently a complication of Alzheimer’s.

“Reagan,” which has no director and is being shopped to studios, was strongly criticized by Reagan’s son Michael and his daughter Patti Davis. Davis wrote an open letter [3]to Ferrell on her website. It reads, in part, “Alzheimer’s is the ultimate pirate, pillaging a person’s life and leaving an empty landscape behind. It sweeps up entire families, forcing everyone to claw their way through overwhelming grief, confusion, helplessness, and anger. Perhaps for your comedy you would like to visit some dementia facilities. I have — I didn’t find anything comedic there, and my hope would be that if you’re a decent human being, you wouldn’t either."

A spokesperson for Ferrell said, “The REAGAN script is one of a number of scripts that had been submitted to Will Ferrell which he had considered. While it is by no means a ‘Alzheimer’s comedy’ as has been suggested, Mr. Ferrell is not pursuing this project.”

Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/blog/mark-judge/will-ferrell-backs-out-reagan-film