Author Topic: CNN Host Jake Tapper Doesn’t Understand Trump’s ‘Completely Contradictory’ Foreign Policy Plan  (Read 584 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/04/27/cnn-host-jake-tapper-doesnt-understand-trumps-completely-contradictory-foreign-policy-plan/

After listening to Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump’s “America First” foreign policy pitch Wednesday, CNN anchor Jake Tapper said he doesn’t “fully understand” what the billionaire businessman was proposing when it comes to the war against the Islamic State.

Speaking with retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, the CNN host called Trump out for ironically criticizing U.S. policy incoherence while “some people have trouble finding coherence with his foreign policy.”

But there was one policy proposal in particular Tapper told Flynn he found to be “completely contradictory,” and that was Trump’s comments on dealing with the Islamic State, of which the GOP candidate said, “Their days are numbered.”

“I don’t fully understand the contradiction that he seems to propose when it comes to going after ISIS even tougher than they’re being pursued now while also not getting involved in another war in the Middle East,” Tapper said. “That seems to be completely contradictory.”

In response, Flynn told Tapper that Trump’s sole purpose is “winning.”

Watch below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ortxY5HYegg
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 05:48:02 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Online libertybele

It seems that the reviews on Trump's foreign policy speech are all in agreement; his foreign policy speech was a disaster....his presidency would be the same.  An absolute disaster.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Well, I hope ISIS' days are numbered, have to agree with him on that.  I would also like to see us be less active in other countries, making other countries pay their share.  The point about going after ISIS more than we are now is to end them. 

What's wrong with winning?  It's been so long - a lot of us seem to have forgotten how it's done. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online libertybele

Well, I hope ISIS' days are numbered, have to agree with him on that.  I would also like to see us be less active in other countries, making other countries pay their share.  The point about going after ISIS more than we are now is to end them. 

What's wrong with winning?  It's been so long - a lot of us seem to have forgotten how it's done.

Whether you agree or disagree with what Trump stated in his speech is debatable. The speech was a huge disaster not so much for the content, but the fact that Trump poorly delivered a speech the was touted as making him look and sound presidential.  He made himself look foolish.  He was obviously ill-prepared, spoke without conviction and came across like he didn't have clue one as to what the heck he was talking about.

It amazes me with a speech like that that anyone still believes he'd beat Hillary in the general.  His speech is a classic example of why he will lose.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 02:42:02 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.