Author Topic: “A Republic, if you can keep it.” Donald Trump and the Tyranny of the Mob…  (Read 25164 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Mesaclone's attribution of a Hitler quote to Cruz.  It WAS despicable.

Why? 

Offline sinkspur

Why?

It's comparable to your boy's infamous "blood coming out of her wherever."
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

It's comparable to your boy's infamous "blood coming out of her wherever."

Oh, Sink.  I'm really starting to worry about you.  You used to come close to making sense, but not so much any more.  Do you need a break from all this for a day or two?  If so, just take it.  It'll all be here when you're refreshed and ready to get back in the debate.

Anyway, just my observation and two cents.

Peace. 

Offline Axeslinger

Engage me on an issue. I suggest any or all of the following:

1. Suspending muslim immigration like Trump said, pending better understanding of the situation. San Bernardino, 14 Dead.

2. Better border security like Trump said, so women in San Francisco, sanctuary city, are not gunned down by people that were deported multiple times. One Dead.

3. Abortion exceptions for rape, incest. Cruz expects women to vote for him, yet if they are raped he wants it to be illegal for them to abort the product of rape.

Plenty of Californians will take Trump's side, trust me. (Carly is thus far, a two time loser in politics, and believed by many vocal folks, to have laid off tens of thousands, before she got herself canned at HP--California.)

Engage away.
Ok I'll play...show me evidence where trump actually believes any of those things.  And things he's said since he opted to run for President don't count.  He's 69 years old, surely he has a significant life history advocating on behalf of those issues.  Surely he's supported numerous politicians and causes that advance those issues AND he cited their support of those issues as the reason for his support of them....with his public mouthpiece that he's had available all these years, surely the evidence you can produce will be voluminous, right?

THAT is why those of us are anti-Trump are anti-Trump....we don't believe a word that comes out of the jackass' mouth...because his entire life history shows us to be correct.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline sinkspur

Oh, Sink.  I'm really starting to worry about you.  You used to come close to making sense, but not so much any more.  Do you need a break from all this for a day or two?  If so, just take it.  It'll all be here when you're refreshed and ready to get back in the debate.

Anyway, just my observation and two cents.

Peace.

not enough editing sink..you know better
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 01:13:02 am by mystery-ak »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 01:13:27 am by mystery-ak »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

Trump and Reagan in the same breath should be heresy to any conservative.

But, then, you're not conservative any longer.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

Ok I'll play...show me evidence where trump actually believes any of those things.  And things he's said since he opted to run for President don't count.  He's 69 years old, surely he has a significant life history advocating on behalf of those issues.  Surely he's supported numerous politicians and causes that advance those issues AND he cited their support of those issues as the reason for his support of them....with his public mouthpiece that he's had available all these years, surely the evidence you can produce will be voluminous, right?

THAT is why those of us are anti-Trump are anti-Trump....we don't believe a word that comes out of the jackass' mouth...because his entire life history shows us to be correct.

Show me Hillary Clinton making anything close to the statements that Trump makes.  You assume Trump is lying, but Clinton actually advocates the things that you think Trump secretly supports.

So if Clinton is President because of people like you, blame yourself and not Trump supporters.
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Offline AnybodyButaDem

Reported.

Completely disgusting.  What an awful personal attack from someone who says Trump hates women.

You should be ashamed of yourself.  I hope the female mods here take appropriate action.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 01:14:20 am by mystery-ak »

I think this whole response is a personal attack. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 01:14:45 am by mystery-ak »

Offline DCPatriot

Trump and Reagan in the same breath should be heresy to any conservative.

But, then, you're not conservative any longer.

Sure I am, Sink.  I'm the same person philosophically...especially in fiscal matters.

I'm all in for Trump because he projects the image of success and somebody who will command respect...one way or the other...from leaders across the world.

"Ya don't like us?  Pay your own defense cost.  Go straight to hell."  And Sink?  I'm not paraphrasing.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Reported.

Thanks.  I just saw this ... and I reported, too.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

I reported it.  It's the most vile and vulgar thing I've read on this board and sinkspur owes you an apology at the very least.  I'm sure nothing will happen, though, because you support Trump.  Apparently only A-lert gets banned for no apparent reason.

Keep it classy, sinkspur.  If you're ever near me, say that crap to my daughters and I'll teach you a lesson in manners.

Offline sinkspur

Of course you do.  But implying that I'm unhinged is not.

Very Trumplike.

Offline sinkspur

Sure I am, Sink.  I'm the same person philosophically...especially in fiscal matters.

I'm all in for Trump because he projects the image of success and somebody who will command respect...one way or the other...from leaders across the world.

"Ya don't like us?  Pay your own defense cost.  Go straight to hell."  And Sink?  I'm not paraphrasing.

And yet he wants our allies to "trust us."  He's a mess, nothing but contradictions.  Who the hell knows what he believes?

I can see it now.  Trump abandons Eastern Europe because they don't "pay their own way" and his pal Vlad decides he needs some additional real estate and just takes it.   

Is Vlad suddenly not his pal any longer?  Or does Trump "negotiate" so that Vlad can keep half of what he takes?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
When you all quote an offensive post I have to edit them all....from now on let the person who was offended/attack file the report..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline AnybodyButaDem

Very Trumplike.

You're bullying a woman anonymously on the internet by calling out her gender.

Won't any anti-Trumpers condemn this attack?  If not, then I don't care how many ignore lists I'm on, because none of you deserve any respect from me.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

When you all quote an offensive post I have to edit them all....from now on let the person who was offended/attack file the report..

That's it?  Just an edit?  Not a cool-down period? 

What if the person attacked, in this case in the most vile and biological manner, doesn't see the post?

Different rules for different posters.  This is nearing a misogynistic hate site if that sort of poster is allowed to continue posting.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 01:19:07 am by AnybodyButaDem »

Offline sinkspur

Sorry. I was going to take it down.  I apologize RIV for the objectionable term.

Not for the sentiment.  Your obsequiosness to Trump knows no bounds.

Very Trumplike.

Please, Sink, don't add insult to injury.  You should apologize to me.  Just do so and we move on and I'll put it behind us. 

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
That's it?  Just an edit?  Not a cool-down period? 

What if the person attacked, in this case in the most vile and biological manner, doesn't see the post?

Different rules for different posters.  This is nearing a misogynistic hate site if that sort of poster is allowed to continue posting.

Yeah I give sink special treatment..ask him how many timeouts and suspensions he has had...

Ask me about special rules for you and your account...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Yeah I give sink special treatment..ask him how many timeouts and suspensions he has had...

Please... AnyBodyButaDem was being a gentleman on my behalf.  I think Sink will find a way to say "sorry"....and it's done.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 01:26:21 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline AnybodyButaDem

I've never posted anything near that vile nor disgusting.   :shrug:

There's a double-standard.  I get it.  Let's at least acknowledge the elephant in the room, right?

Offline DCPatriot

I've never posted anything near that vile nor disgusting.   :shrug:

There's a double-standard.  I get it.  Let's at least acknowledge the elephant in the room, right?

There's no double-standard.

Look at it this way.

If all the members here in The Briefing Room were truly a family.....Sinkspur and RiV are brother and sister.  They're mine too.  And Myst's.

They've been fighting since they've been 'kids'.  Me too! 

But the core here are FAMILY.

Comparatively speaking, while you're appreciated and accepted as part of the family, you're a distant cousin.    :beer:

PS:  Suggest you take Myst's suggestion...it's much easier to get to the source of the infraction if the offended post the abuse report.

Peace!   

Offline musiclady

There's no double-standard.

Look at it this way.

If all the members here in The Briefing Room were truly a family.....Sinkspur and RiV are brother and sister.  They're mine too.  And Myst's.

They've been fighting since they've been 'kids'.  Me too! 

But the core here are FAMILY.

Comparatively speaking, while you're appreciated and accepted as part of the family, you're a distant cousin.    :beer:

PS:  Suggest you take Myst's suggestion...it's much easier to get to the source of the infraction if the offended post the abuse report.

Peace!

Yeah........... a distant cousin who shows up at his first family reunion and starts cussing everybody out, calling them names, and spitting in their beer.

Not MY idea of "family."   Just clueless and mean.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.