Author Topic: Cruz Officially Eliminated From First Ballot Victory  (Read 6289 times)

Offline Hank Rearden

Re: Cruz Officially Eliminated
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2016, 08:38:35 am »
You, Cruz and Kasich have all been schlonged.

Perhaps you're mistaking this forum for one of Trump's free-range trannie bathrooms or a Miami foam party.
"The enemy never sees the backs of my Texans." - Gen. Robert E. Lee

Online libertybele

« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2016, 10:29:31 am »
Nothing is over until Trump gets to 1237, which is far from a sure thing. But if Trump is the nominee, I will be writing in my first candidate in my 40 years of voting.

:amen:  I will NOT vote for a 3rd grade bully who has no clue about the issues, no clue about how our government functions or that we are a Republic and no clue about the Constitution.  I cannot and WILL NOT VOTE FOR A LIBERAL!!  I cannot and will not vote for Trump if he is our nominee,  I too will write in Ted Cruz.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2016, 10:30:32 am »
Perhaps you're mistaking this forum for one of Trump's free-range trannie bathrooms or a Miami foam party.

:beer:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2016, 10:33:36 am »
You must like getting your ass handed to you because you go out of your way to have it happen multiple times a day.

Frank; you can't fix stupid.

Online libertybele

« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2016, 10:38:38 am »
Man, the Trump Train is an election-losing machine.  Hillary reached out to "thoughtful Republicans" in her speech, and from our side we're treated to this crap.

Exactly.  Trump can't make a speech to actually reach out to people.  That's not who he is.  He can't reach out to people because he feels he's above everyone else.  For one, he has know clue about the issues.  He knows what the issues are, has reiterated what those issues are time and time again and because he's so great, believe him he'll make America great again, but has no plan to do anything other than hand the White House to Hillary.  His lack of saying anything of substance last night should have sent a clear message to his supporters ... "YOU'VE BEEN DUPED"!!

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2016, 11:01:25 am »
Exactly.  Trump can't make a speech to actually reach out to people.  That's not who he is.  He can't reach out to people because he feels he's above everyone else.  For one, he has know clue about the issues.  He knows what the issues are, has reiterated what those issues are time and time again and because he's so great, believe him he'll make America great again, but has no plan to do anything other than hand the White House to Hillary.  His lack of saying anything of substance last night should have sent a clear message to his supporters ... "YOU'VE BEEN DUPED"!!

Trump probably checks in with the Clintons and says "Can you believe those yahoos, they actually BELIEVE I am a conservative Republican?" and they laugh and laugh.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Cruz Officially Eliminated From First Ballot Victory
« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2016, 11:36:50 am »

No matter how hard he tries.....    :laugh:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 11:37:36 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online libertybele

« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2016, 11:43:52 am »

No matter how hard he tries.....    :laugh:

Exactly.  God help us if he's the nominee. He won't win the general.  If you happened to watch Clinton's speech last night vs. Trump's speech...we are in serious, serious trouble. 

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2016, 12:29:33 pm »
:amen:  I will NOT vote for a 3rd grade bully who has no clue about the issues, no clue about how our government functions or that we are a Republic and no clue about the Constitution.  I cannot and WILL NOT VOTE FOR A LIBERAL!!  I cannot and will not vote for Trump if he is our nominee,  I too will write in Ted Cruz.

I can tell you another thing that will be different for me this election if it’s Trump vs. Clinton. Traditionally I hold an election night party, with food, alcohol, party poppers, balloons, friends, and ending the night with either high-fives and hugs, or lots of swearing, depending on how it went.    Election night 2016, knowing how the election map will be solid blue sweeping from east to west, I just won’t be able to stand it. I want to be as far away from a TV as I can get, so I don’t have to hear the horrific words Presidential Elect, Hillary Rodham Clinton, who will win the night in a historic landslide. 
But I still have faith that Trump will not be the nominee.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2016, 12:47:37 pm »
Officially eliminated from first ballot.  My bad.  Keep hope alive, Sneaky Teddites!

So, At least some of the posters here revert to name calling and personal attacks? It's one thing to go at a candidate full bore, even with name calling - though I find that juvenile and baiting. BUT, ridicule of posters will motivate me to find that ignore feature.

fwiw from a newbie who had all he could stand of that elsewhere.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2016, 12:56:41 pm »
Trumpaholics make the same mistake over and over again, and it's really precious to watch because it reveals their utter naiveté about political processes in general.

The mistake? Premature expressions of celebratory exultation.

It's like the bottle: it doesn't let you down until it does. And then it lets you down hard.

First time I have ventured off the "welcome thread".  Juvenile name calling (from either side) is not what was expecting, clever though it may be.

I had some hope for deliberate restraint and precision of expression. The name calling is just like a comedian who gets cheap laughs with obscenity and profanity.

fwiw from the newbie.

Online libertybele

« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2016, 01:16:53 pm »
First time I have ventured off the "welcome thread".  Juvenile name calling (from either side) is not what was expecting, clever though it may be.

I had some hope for deliberate restraint and precision of expression. The name calling is just like a comedian who gets cheap laughs with obscenity and profanity.

fwiw from the newbie.

IMHO, those are generalizations.  Derogatory attacks directed specifically to an individual are frowned upon.  By the way, welcome to the Briefing Room.  I really enjoy this forum and have found most of the members very courteous to one another. Peace.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 01:21:13 pm by libertybele »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2016, 01:23:50 pm »

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2016, 01:27:41 pm »
IMHO, those are generalizations.  Derogatory attacks directed specifically to an individual are frowned upon.  By the way, welcome to the Briefing Room.  I really enjoy this forum and have found most of the members very courteous to one another. Peace.

I was referring to two specific posts that used the words "Trumpaholics" and "Sneaky Teddites." I am not "generalizing" anything - just making an observation about something that raised my hackles. I am assured that this is not the culture of this board. I shall see, I suppose.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2016, 01:33:03 pm »
I was referring to two specific posts that used the words "Trumpaholics" and "Sneaky Teddites." I am not "generalizing" anything - just making an observation about something that raised my hackles. I am assured that this is not the culture of this board. I shall see, I suppose.

You will see that it is most definitely not the culture of the board, but it is the habit of a few individuals.

btw, there are many "newbies" such as yourself here.  Perhaps some of what you saw is from someone who hasn't yet adapted from a brutal, nasty, name-calling-as-general-rule site to this one, where it is strongly discouraged.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online libertybele

« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2016, 01:35:12 pm »

Yes, I understand that fully and what I am saying is that in my opinion the term Trumpaholics, Teddites, Cruzbots, Trumpsters, etc., etc., are generalizations and NOT a direct attack specifically on individual.

I honestly have found this forum to be several notches above the rest.  We have some posters that are very talented in their writings and I have come to value their opinions.  Some have a wonderful sense of humor and for the most part we may argue over an issue till we're blue in the face, attack candidates, but for the most part a lot of us have been like family.  That is not saying that we are perfect, but I personally have found the personal attacks limited.  There is also a convenient 'ignore' feature that can be utilized if you don't want to be bothered by a particular poster.

All of this of course ... is just my opinion.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2016, 01:39:05 pm »
Nice try, but you link to an article whose title is, "IT’S OFFICIAL=> Ted Cruz Is Mathematically ELIMINATED from GOP Race – With Chart"

Furthermore, the highlighted (bold *and* red) of the article states:

"Ted Cruz is eliminated.
It is clear that Cruz was eliminated tonight.
It's over."

Your source material is a blatant lie and obvious attempt to mislead people, even with the qualifier "outright" tacked on to a couple spots.

Propaganda, pure and simple, even if you try to do a quick change when you are caught with your hand in the cookie jar.

Thank you for continuing to post that this is a lie.

The one who posted it doesn't care, as you can tell.

But it is, indeed, a LIE.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2016, 01:41:58 pm »
It is all about 1237.
If Trump doesn't get to 1237, it is a whole new ball game and mostly based on who built the best ground game- something Trump has been failing at.

That's very important because all those precinct offices that Trump has either not been setting up or closing after he wins a primary are necessary to run in the general election.

Trump is acting like winning the bid on a construction project is all he needs to do- that he doesn't have to actually start building.

Maybe he'll turn it around, maybe he'll pull off 1237. We'll see.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2016, 01:42:28 pm »
What exactly did you win? Trump won the MSM spin for the night.

What did you win?

Did you have a wager on tonight? Paid to astroturf?

That would be my guess, Hank.  Keep watching his posts......

Offline musiclady

« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2016, 01:44:38 pm »
Yes, I understand that fully and what I am saying is that in my opinion the term Trumpaholics, Teddites, Cruzbots, Trumpsters, etc., etc., are generalizations and NOT a direct attack specifically on individual.

I honestly have found this forum to be several notches above the rest.  We have some posters that are very talented in their writings and I have come to value their opinions.  Some have a wonderful sense of humor and for the most part we may argue over an issue till we're blue in the face, attack candidates, but for the most part a lot of us have been like family.  That is not saying that we are perfect, but I personally have found the personal attacks limited.  There is also a convenient 'ignore' feature that can be utilized if you don't want to be bothered by a particular poster.

All of this of course ... is just my opinion.

:thumbsup2:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2016, 01:51:43 pm »
Exactly.  God help us if he's the nominee. He won't win the general.  If you happened to watch Clinton's speech last night vs. Trump's speech...we are in serious, serious trouble.

Methinks you missed the message in the graphic. 

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2016, 02:29:31 pm »

You are correct, they really shouldn't be used. I admit that even I succumb to using those kinds of generalizations.

It generally isn't the culture of the board, but when things get heated they slip out. More restraint during those times is something we should all keep in mind.
The Republic is lost.

A-Lert

« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2016, 06:03:25 pm »

Ah, is that the best you can do?  Pretty pathetic for someone of your stature.