Author Topic: Fiorina is submitting tax returns to Cruz for VP vetting  (Read 796 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fiorina is submitting tax returns to Cruz for VP vetting
« on: April 27, 2016, 12:46:57 am »
http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/26/politics/carly-fiorina-ted-cruz-vice-president-vetting-tax-returns/

By Dana Bash and Theodore Schleifer, CNN

Updated 7:21 PM ET, Tue April 26, 2016

Washington (CNN)Carly Fiorina and a handful of other possible vice presidents for Ted Cruz are submitting tax returns, said a source familiar with the process Tuesday, another step in the Texas senator's vetting process.

Cruz's campaign has not ruled out naming a vice presidential candidate before he wins the GOP nomination. And Fiorina, a popular Cruz surrogate and a former presidential candidate, quickly emerged this week as someone the Cruz campaign confirmed it was vetting.

Fiorina's team said Monday that she was being vetted and going through the "standard stuff," but a Fiorina spokesman on Tuesday did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Earlier on Tuesday, however, Cruz distanced himself from another possible vice president: Ohio Gov. John Kasich, with whom Cruz has struck an unusual pact in several of the remaining states on the calendar.

"I think that is very, very premature. I respect John Kasich, he is a good and capable man, but I think at this point we've made a decision about allocation of resources," Cruz said to Indiana radio host Tony Katz, pushing back on the idea that the alliance could be a precursor to a ticket. That's an idea that has been pushed by at least one major Cruz donor.

Cruz trails Donald Trump in the delegate race, but it is possible that no GOP nominee will reach the convention with the 1,237 delegates needed to clinch the nomination on the first ballot. Delegates there will also choose the vice presidential nominee on a separate ballot.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Fiorina is submitting tax returns to Cruz for VP vetting
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 12:48:43 am »
See Trump, tax returns aren't that hard to release.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 12:49:51 am »
It should be obvious to all but those hopelessly deluded by wishful thinking, her vetting won't be necessary.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 12:51:09 am »
Trump is never going to release those returns.  He's hiding behind an audit, which may or may not be true, but, in any case, is not an obstacle to releasing the returns.

What the returns will show, I think, is that he is not nearly as wealthy as he's said.  He doesn't want anybody to know that.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 12:52:18 am »

I don't think Carly has been lying daily about her net worth and assets like retread Reform Party hack Donny.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 12:54:25 am »
It should be obvious to all but those hopelessly deluded by wishful thinking, her vetting won't be necessary.

One thing is certain:  Trump won't require tax returns from his VP nominee since he won't release his own.   He won't do any vetting, most likely, since, whomever it is, would come out looking better than he does.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 12:56:38 am »
Trump is never going to release those returns.  He's hiding behind an audit, which may or may not be true, but, in any case, is not an obstacle to releasing the returns.

What the returns will show, I think, is that he is not nearly as wealthy as he's said.  He doesn't want anybody to know that.

Even if he IS being audited, which I question, he can still release his returns.  Why wouldn't he?  If they find something hinkey, he just releases the corrected returns.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 01:02:56 am »
It's not like the IRS doesn't already have a copy of em
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2016, 01:12:16 am »
http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/26/politics/carly-fiorina-ted-cruz-vice-president-vetting-tax-returns/

By Dana Bash and Theodore Schleifer, CNN

Updated 7:21 PM ET, Tue April 26, 2016

Washington (CNN)Carly Fiorina and a handful of other possible vice presidents for Ted Cruz are submitting tax returns, said a source familiar with the process Tuesday, another step in the Texas senator's vetting process.

Cruz's campaign has not ruled out naming a vice presidential candidate before he wins the GOP nomination. And Fiorina, a popular Cruz surrogate and a former presidential candidate, quickly emerged this week as someone the Cruz campaign confirmed it was vetting.

Fiorina's team said Monday that she was being vetted and going through the "standard stuff," but a Fiorina spokesman on Tuesday did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Earlier on Tuesday, however, Cruz distanced himself from another possible vice president: Ohio Gov. John Kasich, with whom Cruz has struck an unusual pact in several of the remaining states on the calendar.

"I think that is very, very premature. I respect John Kasich, he is a good and capable man, but I think at this point we've made a decision about allocation of resources," Cruz said to Indiana radio host Tony Katz, pushing back on the idea that the alliance could be a precursor to a ticket. That's an idea that has been pushed by at least one major Cruz donor.

Cruz trails Donald Trump in the delegate race, but it is possible that no GOP nominee will reach the convention with the 1,237 delegates needed to clinch the nomination on the first ballot. Delegates there will also choose the vice presidential nominee on a separate ballot.

And there is a really valid reason for Carly...she is a Pit bull.. in the best sense...on your side.

Carly also has political muscle in.. wait for it..Cali. Hmmn.  http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2010/senate/ca/california_senate_boxer_vs_fiorina-1094.html

Not to mention she is a force.

BTW.. none of the companies Carly has run, have declared bankruptcy. Just say'in. :tongue2:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2016, 01:17:36 am »
One thing is certain:  Trump won't require tax returns from his VP nominee since he won't release his own.   He won't do any vetting, most likely, since, whomever it is, would come out looking better than he does.

He already said he wants Oprah Winfrey.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2016, 01:49:17 am »
I don't think Carly has been lying daily about her net worth and assets like retread Reform Party hack Donny.

Anyone who stands next to that snake in your photo... is garbage..... snake works both ways in that Pict.

So does garbage.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2016, 02:13:31 am »
And there is a really valid reason for Carly...she is a Pit bull.. in the best sense...on your side.

Carly also has political muscle in.. wait for it..Cali. Hmmn.  http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2010/senate/ca/california_senate_boxer_vs_fiorina-1094.html

Not to mention she is a force.

BTW.. none of the companies Carly has run, have declared bankruptcy. Just say'in. :tongue2:

Nor try to steal a house form an old lady just for a limo parking lot.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2016, 02:35:18 am »

Is she releasing them to the media?  The article just says she is releasing them to selecTED.   :shrug:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 02:35:59 am by AnybodyButaDem »
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2016, 02:39:28 am »

Carly also has political muscle in.. wait for it..Cali. Hmmn. 

She lost by 10 points to Boxer in 2010, and CA has drifted further left since then. 

Thinking Fiorina is going to give Cruz CA is delusional thinking.  No GOP candidate is going to win CA, although Trump may make it a race.
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?