Author Topic: Donald Trump Says That He Will Not Campaign For the Eventual Nominee  (Read 198 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
    Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump said if he loses the Republican nomination, people shouldn’t expect him to stick around in the public eye.

“They fight like hell for six months, and they’re saying horrible things, the worst things you can imagine,” Trump said during a rally in Maryland on Sunday.

“And then one of them loses, one of them wins. And the one who loses says, ‘I just want to congratulate my opponent. He is a brilliant man, he’ll be a great governor or president or whatever,'” he said.

“I’m not sure you’re ever going to see me there. I don’t think I’m going to lose, but if I do, I don’t think you’re ever going to see me again, folks. I think I’ll go to Turnberry and play golf or something.”

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/04/25/donald-trump-says-will-campaign-eventual-nominee/?utm_content=buffer32f34&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Offline etcb

Re: Donald Trump Says That He Will Not Campaign For the Eventual Nominee
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 07:58:23 pm »
“I’m not sure you’re ever going to see me there. I don’t think I’m going to lose, but if I do, I don’t think you’re ever going to see me again, folks. I think I’ll go to Turnberry and play golf or something.”

If he is being truthful here, I guess that eliminates the threat of a third party candidacy.