Author Topic: Remember Melissa Click? She’s Back And She Wants You To Know What A Victim She Is  (Read 1001 times)

rangerrebew

Remember Melissa Click? She’s Back And She Wants You To Know What A Victim She Is

April 26, 2016| by Robert Gehl

http://downtrend.com/robertgehl/remember-melissa-click-shes-back-and-she-wants-you-to-know-what-a-victim-she-is

Mizzou Professor Melissa Click wasn’t fired for trying to get a student beat up by other students.

She wasn’t fired because she has no respect for the First Amendment or a free press.

She was fired because she’s WHITE.

That’s right.

In a bizarre profile in the Chronicle of Higher Education, Click claims that “racial politics” is responsible for her termination. “I’m a white lady,” she said. “I’m an easy target.”

Her bizarre explanation for her racist firing is that the school “wouldn’t tolerate black people standing up to white people,” which makes no sense, but okay.

Click is the former University of Missouri assistant professor who was fired after she tried to block a student journalist from covering a campus protest.

In the profile, she claims she’s not a superhero (really?) and that “black students love me.”

She was suspended and eventually fired by the university after a now-viral video showed her trying to grab a camera from student Mark Schierbecker and calling for “some muscle” to remove him from an encampment of black student protesters. An assault charge against Ms. Click was dropped when she agreed to perform 20 hours of community service.

“While Ms. Click acknowledges that she was certainly frustrated that day, she says she was simply trying to protect the black student protesters,” The Chronicle reported. “Everything she has come to stand for since the video came out — intolerance, anger, mouthiness, and dismissiveness — is exactly the opposite of who she says she really is. Focusing on her behavior, she says, is a way to take attention away from the demands of Concerned Student 1950, the group of protesters.”

“I’m not a superhero,” Ms. Click told the newspaper. “I wasn’t in charge.”

“[But] when it got out of control,” she added, “I was the one held accountable.”

“I am a woman who made some mistakes trying to do what she thought was right,” she said.

Ms. Click was finally fired after a second video showed her swearing at police trying to clear activists from blocking traffic at a homecoming parade in October. In that incident, Ms. Click linked arms with black students blocking the president’s car.

“Am I going to be one of those people who stands and watches another brutal moment against black people, or am I going to step in and make sure they’re safe?” she remembers asking herself, The Chronicle reported. “I found out that day.”

The Chronicle said a “wary” Ms. Click now spends her days mostly at home.

“She leaves the house bracing for confrontation,” The Chronicle reported. “Strangers do notice her. ‘Don’t worry,’ said a clerk at the automotive-repair shop, ‘we don’t hate you.’ Wherever she goes, there is judgment. The owner of an antique store and a greeter at the polls each told her they thought the university was wrong. Two young men she passed near the campus asked her if she needed some muscle. She considered it a threat. As she walks through downtown Columbia, an African-American man yells his support out a car window: ‘Hey, Melissa!’ (‘Black people love me,’ she tells a reporter.)”

Ms. Click said she’s planning to sue the University of Missouri for denying her due process. A GoFundMe campaign to help pay her legal bills has raised more than $13,000.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 05:38:15 pm by rangerrebew »

Bill Cipher

Someone's been stocking up on tinfoil. 

rangerrebew

This woman is too stupid to be teaching college.  Does she really think anyone is going to side with her because she's white?  Hell no.  If she had claimed she was canned for being a woman she may have gotten some traction.

Offline Relic

She's a dangerous leftist lunatic.

Wingnut

In a bold move designed to simultaneously shore up his support with women, and bring in a kindred soul on crowd control, Donald Trump selected former University of Missouri Professor Melissa Click to be his running mate for the 2016 election.
A statement from Hillary Clinton’s campaign called the selection of Dr. Click a cheap political stunt to play the gender card, but Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders’ staff seemed more receptive to the move. “We always thought Donald Trump was a liberal, and this confirms it,” a state director said off the record. “Her positions are close to Bernie’s than they are to Hillary’s.”

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Dat's what yu getz for bein' a whitey with "privuledge", Mizz Click.

Now go apply for a job at McDonald's ...  :)

Offline verga

I did not remember who she was until I googled her name. She is the one that looks like Carrot top, only less attractive

[attachment deleted by admin]
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

rangerrebew

I did not remember who she was until I googled her name. She is the one that looks like Carrot top, only less attractive

I don't remember seeing your name before. :pondering: So welcome to the spot where many of us wile away the day. :seeya:  I hope you enjoy your time and invite you to keep posting :headbang:

Offline verga

I don't remember seeing your name before. :pondering: So welcome to the spot where many of us wile away the day. :seeya:  I hope you enjoy your time and invite you to keep posting :headbang:
Thank you for the welcome. I am semi new to the site. Mystery-AK invited me a while ago and I had signed up but did not take much advantage of it. She invited me again after I had been temp banned over at FR. I see a lot of familiar names and this seems like a comfortable fit here.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.