Author Topic: Kasich Tells Voters to Vote for Him Despite Campaign Pledge  (Read 521 times)

Offline libertybele

Kasich Tells Voters to Vote for Him Despite Campaign Pledge
« on: April 26, 2016, 11:58:12 am »
I expected as much from Kasich.  He's pure establishment with no integrity.  Perhaps that was Cruz's objective.  To illustrate that Kasich lacks integrity and character without attacking him.  Making an alliance with Kasich is going to prove to be Ted's biggest mistake.

Kasich tells Indiana voters to support him, despite pledge not to campaign

Ohio Gov. John Kasich appeared Monday to undercut his campaign's extradordinary agreement to stand aside in the key state of Indiana by urging voters in the Hoosier State to support him anyway.

"I've never told them not to vote for me," Kasich said while campaigning in Pennsylvania. "They ought to vote for me." He added that he simply agreed not to spend "resources" in Indiana.

Adding to the mixed messaging was the fact that Kasich planned to travel to Indianapolis Tuesday for a private fundraising event, despite canceling two planned public rallies in Indianapolis and Noblesville.

Kasich made the remarks approximately 13 hours after his camapign announced an arrangement to give rival Ted Cruz "a clear path" in Indiana, which holds a winner-take-all primary next week. In exchange, Cruz is to give Kasich a clear path in Oregon and New Mexico in an effort to prevent front-runner Donald Trump from attaining the necessary delegates to seal the GOP nomination before this summer's national convention.

"It's not a big deal," Kasich said of the agreement, which he described as a recognition of the realities of the campaign. Kasich has only won one primary contest, in his home state of Ohio, but has insisted he can win the Republican nomination at a contested convention.

By contrast, Cruz trumpeted the agreement during a campaign stop in Indiana Monday, saying it was "big news" that Kasich had pulled out.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/04/26/kasich-tells-indiana-voters-to-support-him-despite-pledge-not-to-campaign.html?intcmp=hpbt1
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.