Author Topic: 90-Year-Old Democrat (former U.S. Senator) Announces Same-Sex Marriage To 40-Year-Old; Says He's Not Gay  (Read 1165 times)

Online mountaineer

90-Year-Old Democrat Announces Same-Sex Marriage To 40-Year-Old; Says He's Not Gay
Robert Kraychik
April 25, 2016
Daily Wire

90-year-old former U.S. Sen. Harris Wofford announced his plans to marry a 40-year-old man he has been with for 15 years. Writing an op-ed for the left-wing New York Times, Wofford uses his personal story as an illustrative anecdote to push President Barack Obama’s call for broadening “the dignity of marriage” to include same-sex couples.

Previously married for 48 years until the death of his wife, Clare, Wofford describes himself as “lucky for a second time to have found happiness.” Even though he raised three children with his late wife, Wofford still draws a parallel between his current relationship and his previous marriage. More broadly, he connects same-sex relationships with normal relationships, asserting that marriage should capture both.

Casting the left-wing movement to redefine marriage as connected to the civil rights movement of the 1960s, Wofford parrots the left’s call to governmentally-sanction same-sex relationships as a subset of marriage.

On the first time he met Matthew Charlton - his male suitor - on a beach in Florida in 2001, Wofford reminisces about the then 25-year-old’s “adventurous spirit.” Although separated by half a century in age, the two men became “great friends” as they traveled around the country together, and later to Europe.

In an editorial hyped by left-wing media as “moving” and resembling a “fairytale," Wofford makes the political case for redefining marriage to include his relationship with his male partner.

Twice in my life, I’ve felt the pull of such passionate preference. At age 90, I am lucky to be in an era where the Supreme Court has strengthened what President Obama calls “the dignity of marriage” by recognizing that matrimony is not based on anyone’s sexual nature, choices or dreams. It is based on love.

All this is on my mind as Matthew and I prepare for our marriage ceremony. On April 30, at ages 90 and 40, we will join hands, vowing to be bound together: to have and to hold, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until death do us part.
On his own sexuality, Wofford implies that it is beyond characterization as either homosexual or bisexual.

"Too often, our society seeks to label people by pinning them on the wall — straight, gay or in between. I don’t categorize myself based on the gender of those I love," wrote Wofford.
:thud:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

I'm thinking maybe one of Wofford's adult children should petition the court to become his conservator and legal guardian, because he seems to be kookoo for cocoa puffs.

A-Lert

You don't have to tell the world about it you old fool!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I'm thinking maybe one of Wofford's adult children should petition the court to become his conservator and legal guardian, because he seems to be kookoo for cocoa puffs.

His partner may be in it for the money.

As a politician, he probably accrued a good estate, as they mostly all seem to do.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online mountaineer

The term "gold digger" did come to mind ... :pondering:

Offline politicalwit

• MedRecruiterUSA, LLC
Love is in the air...it's a May-September bromance. Wonder where they will honeymoon...perhaps a Target bathroom?

Offline Frank Cannon

"Too often, our society seeks to label people by pinning them on the wall — straight, gay or in between. I don’t categorize myself based on the gender of those I love," wrote Wofford.

But this old worthless Queen wants to be labeled as "married". Do you or do you not want to be labeled?

Offline uglybiker

I guess he defines 'being gay' the same way prison inmates do.
Being your gay or not depends on whether your pitching or catching.
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Online mountaineer

I guess he defines 'being gay' the same way prison inmates do.
Being your gay or not depends on whether your pitching or catching.
"Gay for the Day" or, as they say at Wellesley College, LUG?