Author Topic: GOP Chairman: Donald Trump Will Lose Bid to Change Platform to Support Some Abortions  (Read 1806 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Excerpted.

GOP Chairman: Donald Trump Will Lose Bid to Change Platform to Support Some Abortions
National   Steven Ertelt   Apr 25, 2016   |   10:43AM    Washington, DC

The chairman of the GOP says Donald Trump will not likely be successful in his effort to change the Republican Party platform to support abortions in cases of rape or incest.

As LifeNews.com reported last week, Trump said he “absolutely” wants to change the Republican party’s current pro-life platform to promote abortions in cases of rape or incest.

“Yes I would. Absolutely, for the three exceptions, I would,” he said. Trump was then pressed further and asked if he would make an exception to protect the “health” of the mother. “I would leave it for the life of the mother, but I would absolutely have the three exceptions.”

Now, Republican chairman Reince Priebus says the pro-life platform will likely stay as is.

On Sunday, Priebus was asked on ABC’s “This Week” whether he would be open to making those changes.

“Well, the platform is up to the delegates at the convention,” Priebus said. “If that’s what Donald Trump is intending, then he needs to make sure that the people that agree with him are the people that are getting elected to the platform committee.”

Priebus continued, “I think our platform is pretty clear on those subjects. Life begins at conception, and that 14th Amendment rights apply to unborn children.”

“And I would suspect that that is what the platform is going to say after Cleveland,” he concluded.

Leading pro-life advocates have condemned Trump’s call for abortion int he GOP platform.“The suggestion that the platform should weaken its position on the pro-life issue would set back years of hard work in the pro-life movement,” said Tom McClusky, vice president of March for Life Action.

Read More At: http://www.lifenews.com/2016/04/25/gop-chairman-donald-trump-will-lose-bid-to-change-platform-to-support-some-abortions/

Just starting the ball rolling and this is actually a bit of a controversial matter.

My preferences are lifenews.com, lifesitenews.com and other websites are very good too for this topic.

The inaugural pro-life news post!    :seeya:

« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 09:17:51 pm by TomSea »

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
The inaugural pro-life news post!    :seeya:

As LifeNews.com reported last week, Trump said he “absolutely” wants to change the Republican party’s current pro-life platform to promote abortions in cases of rape or incest.

Thank you for posting @TomSea! Hopefully, the Donald gets nowhere near the White House. Hillary either. Rape/incest babies are just as real as any other baby.

I'm hoping :0001: Morgana comes over to this site; she has furnished Free Republic with great links on Life for as long as I've been a member there.

Thank you again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQlmvEQFgV4
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 01:10:50 am by mlizzy »
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
To add to this (the 100% pro-life) Ted Cruz has a national prayer team that anyone can join.

:amen:

https://www.tedcruz.org/pray/
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline kidd

Thanks for starting this board.

This is a major blow to my opinion of Trump. If you start with the premise that the person in the womb is a living human, you could not possibly accept the death of the person because the mother was a victim of a horrible crime. To allow this suggests that Trump doesn't believe that the baby in the womb is a person.

Changing the GOP platform is the start of a slippery slope.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
This is a major blow to my opinion of Trump. If you start with the premise that the person in the womb is a living human, you could not possibly accept the death of the person because the mother was a victim of a horrible crime. To allow this suggests that Trump doesn't believe that the baby in the womb is a person.

Changing the GOP platform is the start of a slippery slope.

I agree with you @kidd .. I don't believe Donald Trump "understands" abortion. He has to do some more homework on this, but I'm not sure he really cares to begin with.

Offline Morgan Le Fay