Author Topic: Cruz Campaign Vetting Carly for VP  (Read 2562 times)

HAPPY2BME

Cruz Campaign Vetting Carly for VP
« on: April 25, 2016, 08:34:40 pm »
http://www.weeklystandard.com/article/2002115

3:38 PM, Apr 25, 2016 | By Michael Warren

According to a spokeswoman for Fiorina, the former Hewlett-Packard CEO and one-time presidential candidate is being vetted by Cruz's campaign.

"Normal stuff," said Sarah Isgur Flores, who served as deputy campaign manager during Fiorina's bid, when asked about the process. She added that Fiorina has met with members of the Cruz campaign and has given them financial disclosures and other documentation. Flores added that "no offers" have been made.

Update: Cruz campaign spokeswoman Alice Stewart provided a statement to TWS. "We've already announced publicly that we're vetting prospecting VP nominees, but no selection has been made yet. When that decision has been made, we will share it."

HAPPY2BME

Re: Cruz Campaign Vetting Carly for VP
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 08:35:53 pm »
Whoever gets (steals) the nomination, their VP will likely be a minority.

Black, Mexican, or female.  Or a combination thereof.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 08:38:35 pm »
Good. She's solid.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 08:42:43 pm »
Cruz Campaign Vetting Carly for VP

This is very nice and shows a lot of cooperation from Cruz.  But Trump can vet his own VP running mate, thank you. 

Online NavyCanDo

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 08:43:30 pm »
My original first choice in this election.   Love the idea. Great way to energies the Cruz campaign.   4 to 8 years as her as VP then she will be ready for the top spot. She is a solid conservative, and will eat anybody alive she goes up against in a debate.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online NavyCanDo

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 08:44:33 pm »
Whoever gets (steals) the nomination, their VP will likely be a minority.

Black, Mexican, or female.  Or a combination thereof.

Females are a minority?  Since when? 
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 09:34:41 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 08:45:12 pm »
That would be powerful.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 08:45:57 pm »
Females are a minority?  Sense when?

====================================

sense?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 08:46:25 pm »
I like her and would love to see her on the ticket or in the admin at some capacity....I think a woman on the ticket is needed to combat Hillary so Hil can't complain about the all boys club picking on her...and she will say it too..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2016, 08:46:36 pm »

This is very nice and shows a lot of cooperation from Cruz.  But Trump can vet his own VP running mate, thank you.

Trump had to hire people to teach him how to read a teleprompter and write coherent speeches for him. He is a moron who can barely tie his shoes. How can he vet anything on his own?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2016, 08:47:10 pm »
Females are a minority?  Sense when?

LOL, yep, females are the majority in the US.  143.4 million of whom were female and 138.1 million male. About a 1434/1381 ratio women/men.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 08:47:45 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Millee

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2016, 08:57:24 pm »
Good. She's solid.

I would happily vote for this ticket!  :patriot:

Online NavyCanDo

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2016, 09:37:27 pm »
LOL, yep, females are the majority in the US.  143.4 million of whom were female and 138.1 million male. About a 1434/1381 ratio women/men.

Now orange orangutans, now there is a minority.

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2016, 09:47:29 pm »
I like her and would love to see her on the ticket or in the admin at some capacity....I think a woman on the ticket is needed to combat Hillary so Hil can't complain about the all boys club picking on her...and she will say it too..

Caryl's not going to bring voters stampeding into the voter booth.  If anything, they'll stampede in the other direction.

Her persona is awful, so unlikable---unless Cruz is looking for someone who can match him feature for feature in the off-putting department, this isn't a good match.

Fiorina wouldn't even bring women to the ticket--she's shrill and too socially conservative-sounding to be of any help here.

I'm surprised he's considering her.  I thought the $500,000 payoff would have set him free.   :shrug:

Wingnut

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2016, 09:52:19 pm »
Trump had to hire people to teach him how to read a teleprompter and write coherent speeches for him. He is a moron who can barely tie his shoes. How can he vet anything on his own?

The man couldn't vet a cesspool full of turds for the ripest one. 

Offline raml

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2016, 10:24:56 pm »
That is a ticket I could never vote for if Kasisk was bad Carly is the worst. She totally turns me off. I am joined by millions who would agree. Ted if the candidate would lose by a landslide.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2016, 10:54:39 pm »

I agree! To bad for you and him that he will NEVER need one!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2016, 10:57:07 pm »
Caryl's not going to bring voters stampeding into the voter booth.  If anything, they'll stampede in the other direction.

Her persona is awful, so unlikable---unless Cruz is looking for someone who can match him feature for feature in the off-putting department, this isn't a good match.

Fiorina wouldn't even bring women to the ticket--she's shrill and too socially conservative-sounding to be of any help here.

I'm surprised he's considering her.  I thought the $500,000 payoff would have set him free.   :shrug:

To YOU she is unlikeable! To many millions of others, me being one, she is VERY likeable and would make a GREAT vice president for President Cruz!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bilo

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2016, 11:15:07 pm »

I can see how if all you're looking for is entertainment she would turn you off. I think a lot of people want a ticket with people on it who not only say the right things, but know how the system works and how to get those things done. I like Carly Fiorina a lot. I think she would be terrific and during the campaign the #1 thing the VP does is attack the other party's nominee. Hillary would be hard pressed to play the "victim" if she's attacked by a woman who has achieved everything in her life by hard work. Hillary only married Bill, everything else she's done has been a failure.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Wingnut

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2016, 11:20:26 pm »
That is a ticket I could never vote for if Kasisk was bad Carly is the worst. She totally turns me off.

You don't pick a VP like the last call at closing time you want to score with.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2016, 11:21:22 pm »

Cute, but I doubt a candidate who cannot deliver his home State will be considered as a viable nominee.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline libertybele

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2016, 12:27:18 am »

Carly has grown on me and I do think she is a good strong female who can stand her ground and I think she'd be a formidable foe against Clinton ... but she will be going up possibly against Warren..not so sure. Carly carries some baggage with her exaggerations she's made and firing thousands of people as CEO.  She has no political experience which I'm not sure at this point how that would play out.  Then there is the problem of her having very little name recognition and wouldn't bring in the vote for any particular state like Fischer or Ernst.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2016, 02:27:04 am »
To YOU she is unlikeable! To many millions of others,

Millions?  Seriously, Bigun, millions?  Ms. Can't Get Over 1% is liked by millions?   :whistle:

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2016, 02:28:33 am »
Cute, but I doubt a candidate who cannot deliver his home State will be considered as a viable nominee.

My best advice to you is to dust your crystal ball before you make another silly prediction. 

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2016, 02:32:01 am »
Millions?  Seriously, Bigun, millions?  Ms. Can't Get Over 1% is liked by millions?   :whistle:

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” 

Thomas Paine

Goodnight! Sweet dreams!

- J. R. R. Tolkien