Author Topic: TRUMP SOARS IN NEW POLLS: +26 PA...+34 CT...+38 RI...  (Read 10813 times)

Offline AnybodyButaDem

Re: TRUMP SOARS IN NEW POLLS: +26 PA...+34 CT...+38 RI...
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2016, 03:13:48 am »
Cruz hasn't bought votes anywhere.  The Trump followers believe his lies that Caucus voters aren't people because they need to be perpetually disgruntled because things aren't "fair" to Donald.

Cruz is playing by the rules.

Trump doesn't have a clue as to what the rules are.

Yes, Sneaky Ted went hat in hand to the GOPe begging for help in stealing delegates even in states he has no chance of winning.  The GOPe is happy to help because their goal is to keep Trump from 1237.

Meanwhile, Trump earns his delegates at the ballot box.  I can imagine the outrage from you anti-Trumps if the roles were reversed.  There seems to be a very hypocritical and deluded groupthink from the anti-Trumps that Crusich the Loser has any chance of winning in a general election. 
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2016, 03:14:37 am »
And it will not matter a damned bit if he does!

Right, because you Cruz supporters seem to think that going against the will of GOP voters is going to somehow make them support Cruz in large numbers in the general election.  I haven't figured that one out yet at all.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2016, 03:19:08 am »
Right, because you Cruz supporters seem to think that going against the will of GOP voters is going to somehow make them support Cruz in large numbers in the general election.  I haven't figured that one out yet at all.

And since you cannot get your mind wrapped around the fact that Trump has never gotten more that about 1/3 support anywhere other than NY you likely never will.

Hint for you! There are NOT going to be any democrat crossover voters at the convention in Cleveland serving as delegates.  There will only be republicans who have paid their dues working in the party at that event!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2016, 03:22:49 am »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2016, 03:36:02 am »
And since you cannot get your mind wrapped around the fact that Trump has never gotten more that about 1/3 support anywhere other than NY you likely never will.

Arizona, 47%....that is not New York.

Warning: Self-assured claims subsequently proved false, are damaging to credibility.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2016, 04:00:49 am »

Hint for you! There are NOT going to be any democrat crossover voters at the convention in Cleveland serving as delegates.  There will only be republicans who have paid their dues working in the party at that event!

That's a false statement.  Retract it or be considered dishonest.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2016, 04:21:46 am »
That's a false statement.  Retract it or be considered dishonest.

Bigun and Sinkspur both...simply make things up whole cloth.

When called, they can never provide data or sourcing. Sink's latest one about Trump underperforming the polling in EVERY state other than NY was a doozy...but it doesn't slow him down. I guess just making stuff up as you go is the last resort when you've lost an argument on the substance.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 04:22:33 am by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2016, 04:25:13 am »
Bigun and Sinkspur both...simply make things up whole cloth.

When called, they can never provide data or sourcing. Sink's latest one about Trump underperforming the polling in EVERY state other than NY was a doozy...but it doesn't slow him down. I guess just making stuff up as you go is the last resort when you've lost an argument on the substance.

Yet it is us Trump supporters who are the dishonest idiots with no morals according to them. I like how musiclady the judge of all didn't even acknowledge you post about serving in Iraq as she was personally attacking Right in Virginia for posting that Purple Finger photo.   :shrug:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2016, 04:28:46 am »
Yes.  That hideous use of an image that is totally disrespectful to our troops who fought and died to free the Iraqis from tyranny so that they could vote for the first time.

And you compare it to voting for a vulgar Progressive liar like Trump.

SHAME on you, Fishrrman.  You are becoming what you have despised.....

Quite a stretch there, ML.     **nononono*
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2016, 04:40:42 am »

The disappointment, that Trump is taking it to the finish, even when they double-gang up, compare notes, conspire, etc.

Disappointment, despair, disapproval, denial, denial and more denial.

I believe the purple finger is entirely fine. I served in our military. The imagery is great, I approve.

They can't see what they can't see. Blinders. But many see in Cruz, a hyper-ambitious politician, lying, cheating, anything to get ahead.

And all the while shooting off at the mouth like a revival sermon-lecture style. Talking down to us. (We are stupid, uneducated, even those of us with multiple and graduate degrees, professional qualifications)

Only Cruz knows best. A few caucus voters will know best, agree with him. The great unwashed masses, the majority of us need not speak, need not vote.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2016, 01:34:48 pm »

Nope.  It was the first thing that came to mind, and not a stretch at all.

Using that image to support Trump is abasing what it means.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2016, 01:39:53 pm »
The disappointment, that Trump is taking it to the finish, even when they double-gang up, compare notes, conspire, etc.

Disappointment, despair, disapproval, denial, denial and more denial.

I believe the purple finger is entirely fine. I served in our military. The imagery is great, I approve.

They can't see what they can't see. Blinders. But many see in Cruz, a hyper-ambitious politician, lying, cheating, anything to get ahead.

And all the while shooting off at the mouth like a revival sermon-lecture style. Talking down to us. (We are stupid, uneducated, even those of us with multiple and graduate degrees, professional qualifications)

Only Cruz knows best. A few caucus voters will know best, agree with him. The great unwashed masses, the majority of us need not speak, need not vote.

You have a very active imagination, t_s.   I especially love the "ganging up, comparing notes, conspiring" silliness.

It's a cute way to demean us and accuse us of not thinking as individuals, which we of course do.

And a Trump guy talking about blinders??  Give me a break.

You support a lying Progressive with the emotional maturity of a 6 year old, who pretty much hates anyone who disagrees with him, and you accuse Cruz of "talking down" to us.  That's amusing.   I'm pretty sure you have no room to talk about "blinders."

I just hope yours are not permanent and that you once again become the civil, rational guy you used to be.....
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 01:41:29 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2016, 03:18:50 pm »
You have a very active imagination, t_s.   I especially love the "ganging up, comparing notes, conspiring" silliness.

It's a cute way to demean us and accuse us of not thinking as individuals, which we of course do.

And a Trump guy talking about blinders??  Give me a break.

You support a lying Progressive with the emotional maturity of a 6 year old, who pretty much hates anyone who disagrees with him, and you accuse Cruz of "talking down" to us.  That's amusing.   I'm pretty sure you have no room to talk about "blinders."

I just hope yours are not permanent and that you once again become the civil, rational guy you used to be.....

Condescension and anger.

That seems to be your "go to" traits here on the board. I'm sure you are a very nice person in reality, but like your comrades you've been consumed by a fervor that leaves no room for reasoned discussion, common sense, and...yes...the dirty word...compromise with your fellow Republicans/Conservatives.

Its unfortunate, because no party can survive if a large portion of its members are too self important...too morally superior...to accept when the party nominates someone who isn't "there guy". Your way or the highway...probably feels good...gives you that sense of "we're better than you and won't compromise our superior values"...but in reality its just simple arrogance and ego. Qualities reflected quite profoundly in your favored candidate...and admittedly, in all presidential candidates to some degree.

The "anger" quality that you assign to Trump and his follwers is the very trait you display continuously in these discussions. Its breathtakingly hypocritical and this kind of self-blindness has become the hallmark of the hard core anti-Trump Cruzians. Most of you are completely. and astoundingly, unaware that you are simply projecting your own shortcomings on to the candidate you oppose...all the while cheering on an unlikeable, condescending, morally pompous, evangelist who has no appeal to anyone outside of his small sect of the "Chosen".
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 03:20:47 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2016, 03:34:09 pm »
Condescension and anger.

That seems to be your "go to" traits here on the board. I'm sure you are a very nice person in reality, but like your comrades you've been consumed by a fervor that leaves no room for reasoned discussion, common sense, and...yes...the dirty word...compromise with your fellow Republicans/Conservatives.

Its unfortunate, because no party can survive if a large portion of its members are too self important...too morally superior...to accept when the party nominates someone who isn't "there guy". Your way or the highway...probably feels good...gives you that sense of "we're better than you and won't compromise our superior values"...but in reality its just simple arrogance and ego. Qualities reflected quite profoundly in your favored candidate...and admittedly, in all presidential candidates to some degree.

The "anger" quality that you assign to Trump and his follwers is the very trait you display continuously in these discussions. Its breathtakingly hypocritical and this kind of self-blindness has become the hallmark of the hard core anti-Trump Cruzians. Most of you are completely. and astoundingly, unaware that you are simply projecting your own shortcomings on to the candidate you oppose...all the while cheering on an unlikeable, condescending, morally pompous, evangelist who has no appeal to anyone outside of his small sect of the "Chosen".

This is the funniest thing I've read in a long time.

We're projecting about Trump because WE are  bigots, misogynists, love to make fun of handicapped people, want to order the military to kill innocent women and children, we love to insult anyone who disagrees with us, and we're keen on violence.  Trump does none of these things, in your mind.

Then--according to your own logic--YOU must be unlikable, condescending, morally pompous and you  have very little appeal outside your own circle of friends.

Have I got that right?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 03:34:55 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2016, 03:39:14 pm »
This is the funniest thing I've read in a long time.

We're projecting about Trump because WE are  bigots, misogynists, love to make fun of handicapped people, want to order the military to kill innocent women and children, we love to insult anyone who disagrees with us, and we're keen on violence.  Trump does none of these things, in your mind.

Then--according to your own logic--YOU must be unlikable, condescending, morally pompous and you  have very little appeal outside your own circle of friends.

Have I got that right?

No, I'd say you got it about 10% right. And trust me, I'm being generous.

As for killing women and children, can you name a single president who has not ordered attacks resulting in the deaths of women and children? Or are you one of those idiots who thinks war is a sanitized affair with no collateral casualties? No one, especially Trump is calling for targeting civilians, but he is clear that we must go after leadership targets whether or not they are hiding amongst their families or not. Perhaps you think FDR was a war criminal...and George Bush as well?

Your logic...well...its missing.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 03:40:18 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2016, 03:55:25 pm »
Condescension and anger.

I have no "comrades" on this forum.  That is your first, of many errors.

And you, o elitist condescending one, have no room to talk about anything.

Your last line indicates what's wrong with you.  You, and a few others, attribute recognition of Trump's moral depravity as being "morally pompous" and "evangelist."

It apparently bothers the few of you that your hero is morally bankrupt, so your recourse is to attack those of us who point it out.

It's not working.  None of us is "pompous," and Trump is truly a degenerate.  Them's the facts, arrogant one.

Sorry to burst your little bubble in this sermonette you just preached.....

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2016, 04:06:50 pm »
I have no "comrades" on this forum.  That is your first, of many errors.

And you, o elitist condescending one, have no room to talk about anything.

Your last line indicates what's wrong with you.  You, and a few others, attribute recognition of Trump's moral depravity as being "morally pompous" and "evangelist."

It apparently bothers the few of you that your hero is morally bankrupt, so your recourse is to attack those of us who point it out.

It's not working.  None of us is "pompous," and Trump is truly a degenerate.  Them's the facts, arrogant one.

Sorry to burst your little bubble in this sermonette you just preached.....

A couple points and a final question to ascertain your level of rationality:
1) As a former Army Captain and current blue collar guy...elitist is a new label for me. I kinda like it.
2) My hero's never have been and never will be politicians...perhaps Abe Lincoln is the only exception.
3) You love terms like degenerate and morally bankrupt...what happened to "judge not lest ye be judged?" More importantly, you are demonstrating a hint of religious fanaticism here...unless you know them personally, you have no idea if Cruz or Trump are, in their heart of hearts, more or less "moral" than one or the other.
4) How old is life on this planet?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2016, 04:15:00 pm »
1) As a former Army Captain and current blue collar guy...elitist is a new label for me. I kinda like it.
2) My hero's never have been and never will be politicians...perhaps Abe Lincoln is the only exception.
3) You love terms like degenerate and morally bankrupt...what happened to "judge not lest ye be judged?" More importantly, you are demonstrating a hint of religious fanaticism here...unless you know them personally, you have no idea if Cruz or Trump are, in their heart of hearts, more or less "moral" than one or the other.

1) I can only judge you by your posts here........... and here you are a condescending elitist who mocks those who disagree.  In fact, you came on this forum to plant the seeds of discord with your belittling of the majority of this forum.
2) If Trump is not your hero, why go to such great lengths to falsely accuse those who see him for what he is?  A degenerate.
3) I don't "love" any term.  I use words that are accurate.  Bragging about committing adultery with married women is degenerate, not just to Christians, but to anyone who values commitment and decency.  He also debases women with his language and behavior.  I realize you're not a woman, but I would think that as someone who thinks he's better than the rest of us, that would matter to you.  Guess his debasing of women is A-OK with you.
4) I have no idea.  And you don't either.  Eventually we'll both find out and realize it doesn't matter, one way or the other.  But your asking does reveal yet another part of your condescension.

Thanks again, for the four point sermon.  You must have studied hard in seminary.    ^-^
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 04:15:17 pm by musiclady »

Bill Cipher

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2016, 04:17:11 pm »

How was your stint with homeland security?

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2016, 04:22:24 pm »
How was your stint with homeland security?

Terrific.

My bomb dog and I work every day keeping people safe...we love the work we do.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2016, 04:26:02 pm »
Terrific.

My bomb dog and I work every day keeping people safe...we love the work we do.

Good to hear it.  Too bad your political sense is not nearly as good as your dogs bomb sense. 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2016, 04:26:22 pm »

Condescension and anger.

:beer:   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2016, 04:28:14 pm »
1) I can only judge you by your posts here........... and here you are a condescending elitist who mocks those who disagree.  In fact, you came on this forum to plant the seeds of discord with your belittling of the majority of this forum.
2) If Trump is not your hero, why go to such great lengths to falsely accuse those who see him for what he is?  A degenerate.
3) I don't "love" any term.  I use words that are accurate.  Bragging about committing adultery with married women is degenerate, not just to Christians, but to anyone who values commitment and decency.  He also debases women with his language and behavior.  I realize you're not a woman, but I would think that as someone who thinks he's better than the rest of us, that would matter to you.  Guess his debasing of women is A-OK with you.
4) I have no idea.  And you don't either.  Eventually we'll both find out and realize it doesn't matter, one way or the other.  But your asking does reveal yet another part of your condescension.

Thanks again, for the four point sermon.  You must have studied hard in seminary.    ^-^

Oh, I do have an idea. A very good one, based on the work of...well...every modern scientist with any credibility whatsoever. But lets move on from that...as I'm aware you will simply evade giving a real answer.

As for condescension, look hard in the mirror and you'll see it in action. You don't simply go after Mr. Trump, you have called those of us who support him a whole range of "condescending" terms. Do you deny this?

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2016, 04:29:00 pm »
Good to hear it.  Too bad your political sense is not nearly as good as your dogs bomb sense.

Well, he is a very good dog =)

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2016, 04:29:42 pm »
No, I'd say you got it about 10% right. And trust me, I'm being generous.

As for killing women and children, can you name a single president who has not ordered attacks resulting in the deaths of women and children? Or are you one of those idiots who thinks war is a sanitized affair with no collateral casualties? No one, especially Trump is calling for targeting civilians, but he is clear that we must go after leadership targets whether or not they are hiding amongst their families or not. Perhaps you think FDR was a war criminal...and George Bush as well?

Your logic...well...its missing.

I notice you didn't answer my charge that if WE are all those things we despise in Trump, then YOU are all those things you hate about Cruz.  I guess you realized you don't really have any idea what "projection" is.

Trump said we must kill the wives and children of terrorists.  He didn't say anything about terrorists hiding among them.  He backed off, of course, after the military said they would refuse such orders.  But it's still a disqualifier that a presidential candidate would propose something like this.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.