Author Topic: Neither Trump nor Cruz beats Clinton, Sanders in any state poll from April  (Read 897 times)

Offline sinkspur

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/pres_general/

Neither Trump nor Cruz beats Clinton, Sanders in any state poll from April

See results at link.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Yeah, sad, however, this could be the result of #nevertrump people and #nevercruz people saying they won't vote for the GOPer if their guy doesn't win.

It is what it is. If the 'Merican people want HRC as the next Prez, that's what they deserve to get, good and hard.

Offline LMAO

Any GOP candidate, even if Reagan was running today, is going to have an extremely difficult hill to climb. Think the demographics and the "Blue wall" HRC will have to her advantage, scandals and all.

Based on what I said, how does the GOP presumed nominee with record breaking negatives overcome that?

Could he win? Anything is possible but, despite the insistence of his supporters, no 50 state landslide awaits
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

It is what it is. If the 'Merican people want HRC as the next Prez, that's what they deserve to get, good and hard.

As of today, I see HRC as the next President of the United States. Whether it was Cruz or Trump but more so with Trump.

However, if she wins, it may end up being a silver lining in the end. If  her performance as SOS was a teaser of what she would be like as POTUS, conservatives HAVE to be ready with a candidate that can unite the GOP base and articulate conservative principles. If Trump wins and he becomes the disaster we all suspect, then the American people will run to the DNC candidate that promises freebies. A disastrous Trump presidency would make it much harder to sell conservatism to the general public
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
As of today, I see HRC as the next President of the United States. Whether it was Cruz or Trump but more so with Trump.

However, if she wins, it may end up being a silver lining in the end. If  her performance as SOS was a teaser of what she would be like as POTUS, conservatives HAVE to be ready with a candidate that can unite the GOP base and articulate conservative principles. If Trump wins and he becomes the disaster we all suspect, then the American people will run to the DNC candidate that promises freebies. A disastrous Trump presidency would make it much harder to sell conservatism to the general public
Obama's first term was a disaster and yet they still re-elected him.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

All well and fine but she'll appoint the next USSC Justice. How do we deal with that?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The amazin' inference from the poll is that Bernie the commie is the STRONGER candidate against all the Republican candidates than is o'er-the-hillary.

Does this suggest that Clinton isn't "left enough" to win?

If so, the democratic party -- and the nearly 50% of Americans who support it -- have moved so far left, it will be all-but impossible for ANY Republican to EVER win again. GOPe, conservative, populist, you-name-it. They're ALL going to lose.

Once again, the famous image:

The watertight compartments in the ship are analogous to the states of The Union.
Leftism is the water pouring in.

Slowly, but inevitably, as the leftist message pours in from the "gash" of the most-left-leaning states, it fills one watertight compartment (state), then pours over the bulkhead into the next, and on, and so forth. The bow is pulled down far enough, and then....