Author Topic: Hillary uses famous Prince song at campaign rally, BACKLASH erupts from angry fans  (Read 895 times)

rangerrebew

Hillary uses famous Prince song at campaign rally, BACKLASH erupts from angry fans
April 23, 2016 | John Binder | Print Article

Prince fans aren’t happy to see their pop-star’s death used for political gain.

During a campaign rally in Dunmore, Pennsylvania, Hillary Clinton walked out to Prince’s iconic “Let’s Go Crazy” anthem, following his death earlier in the week.

Check out Clinton’s entrance here:

Welcome home @hillaryclinton ! #scranton #dunmore #hillary2016

A video posted by @josephcfarley on Apr 22, 2016 at 7:14pm PDT

“You think of him as being almost eternal,” Clinton said to a Philadelphia radio station after learning of his passing. “I mean, he was a bigger-than-life personality. He was not only a songwriter and a singer but literally a one-man band. He was such a great showman. I just was so, so sad.”

But, longtime Prince fans quickly took to Twitter to show their disdain for Clinton using a Prince song in order to gain political points possibly, or make it seem as though she, herself, was an avid Prince fan.

Check out their response:

Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/04/23/hillary-uses-famous-prince-song-at-campaign-rally-backlash-erupts-from-angry-fans-332394#ixzz46qP0GbYY

geronl

Could the pandering get more obvious...  :shrug:  **nononono*

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Could the pandering get more obvious...  :shrug:  **nononono*
Somehow I don't see Hitlery being a Prince fan. But the pandering is world-class.
Principles matter. Words matter.

geronl

Somehow I don't see Hitlery being a Prince fan. But the pandering is world-class.

She could make it part of the campaign.

"Nobody, but nobody, will pander to you like I will!"

Paid for by Shankles for Resident 2016

"I'm Hillary Clinton and I $#@! this message."

Wingnut

If she was in Scranton a more appropiate song for her campaing would have been: "Thirty Thousand of Banana's"

Offline Millee

Was she wearing a purple pantsuit too??   :whistle:

geronl

Was she wearing a purple pantsuit too??   :whistle:

Her campaign tried to deny that it was preplanned, it was all the fault of an intern. This does not explain the half-dozen soulful back-up musicians dressed as crying doves though.

Offline ArneFufkin

So Hillary is one of the brainless masses who are celebrating the life and slow suicide of an over-rated opioid junkie?

geronl

So Hillary is one of the brainless masses who are celebrating the life and slow suicide of an over-rated opioid junkie?

You say that like it's a bad thing.  :0001:

Offline Millee

Her campaign tried to deny that it was preplanned, it was all the fault of an intern. This does not explain the half-dozen soulful back-up musicians dressed as crying doves though.

Offline uglybiker

Next rally she'll mis-hear some lyrics and show up in a Little Red Chevette.
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline R4 TrumPence

1999 seems to fit her best :patriot:

'Cuz they say two thousand zero zero party over,
Oops out of time
So tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1999

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

rangerrebew

Welcome to the Briefing Room! :seeya: 034  I'm sure you will enjoy your time here.

On to pandering - remember Lurch running for POTUS and saying he really enjoyed rap?  That is less likely than Madam Clinton liking Prince.

rangerrebew

Do the flames of Prince adoration seem to have died down suddenly?  Maybe its because in a 2008 interview he said homosexuality was a sin.  I don't think we'll see liberal politicos trying to score brownie points that way any more. 888buttkisser