Author Topic: Trump: 'Don't think you're ever going to see me again' if I lose  (Read 958 times)

Offline sinkspur

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/277458-trump-if-i-lose-i-dont-think-you-will-ever-see-me-again

Trump: 'Don't think you're ever going to see me again' if I lose

By Rebecca Savransky

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump said if he loses the Republican nomination, people shouldn't expect him to stick around in the public eye.

"They fight like hell for six months, and they're saying horrible things, the worst things you can imagine," Trump said during a rally in Maryland on Sunday.

"And then one of them loses, one of them wins. And the one who loses says, 'I just want to congratulate my opponent. He is a brilliant man, he'll be a great governor or president or whatever,'" he said.
"I'm not sure you're ever going to see me there. I don't think I'm going to lose, but if I do, I don't think you're ever going to see me again, folks. I think I'll go to Turnberry and play golf or something."

Trump said sometimes, the winner will put losing candidates in the administration.

"That's how they get rid of them," he said.

During the rally though, Trump said he expects he'll secure the nomination ahead of the Republican convention in July.

He also said he hopes to win all five states in the upcoming contests Tuesday.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump: 'Don't think you're ever going to see me again' if I lose
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 12:47:50 am »
I don't believe him, of course, but, in the oft chance, all the more reason for #NeverTrump.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

geronl

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 12:49:32 am »

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 02:13:54 am »
But is it a promise or a threat?

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 02:20:22 am »
I'm going to place this in the file with Peter King's promise.  We definitely need to call them on it if/when the time comes.   :tongue2:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 02:58:24 am »
??? I read the article three times.  What an awkward statement for a presidential front runner to make ..."I don't think I'm going to lose, but if I do, I don't think you're ever going to see me again, folks. I think I'll go to Turnberry and play golf or something."

Trump said sometimes, the winner will put losing candidates in the administration.

"That's how they get rid of them," he said.

Sounds like he knows he's facing the very real possibility of having to go to convention and losing to Cruz because Cruz has outsmarted him in the delegate process.  His line about "that's how they get rid of them"??  I'm still trying to figure out that one.  Perhaps he meant he won't accept a position in Cruz's administration??  But, why would he?  He has more money than he knows what do do with ... he's not going to tie himself up in a political office; he has his other businesses and interests to tend to.  His objective was to create a train wreck for the GOP and hand things to Hillary.    If by chance he actually did make president he would relish in not only being one of the richest men in the world, but one of the most powerful...all in concert with the Clinton machine.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline For-Q-Clinton

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 10:08:50 pm »
This is precisely why he is unfit.  What happens if he doesn't get his way with Russia, North Korea, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Europe, etc...  Will he just go to war so he can say he won.  Voting for Trump is like voting for a real immature 3rd grade bully.

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 10:12:00 pm »
This is precisely why he is unfit.  What happens if he doesn't get his way with Russia, North Korea, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Europe, etc...  Will he just go to war so he can say he won.  Voting for Trump is like voting for a real immature 3rd grade bully.

Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 10:22:48 pm »
Mark this prediction down now.

If The Don loses in November, by December we'll see a 5 part documentary "The Candidate" which will be a lead in to a new reality show of the same name starting the following year where Trump picks candidates to run under his own party for some local race.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2016, 10:30:27 pm »
"I'm not sure you're ever going to see me there. I don't think I'm going to lose, but if I do, I don't think you're ever going to see me again, folks. I think I'll go to Turnberry and play golf or something."

Good! Obama could use the competition.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Wingnut

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2016, 10:31:43 pm »
He is orange and 70 something.  Dumb as a box of rocks. Combs his hair from his left armpit. The guy couldn't get elected Dog Catcher in Poughkeepsie. But yet this Nov, he could be the only thing the GOP could cough up to run for the highest office of the land....
Make the nightmare be over.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2016, 10:35:19 pm »
If Ted Cruz and John Kasich needed any more ammunition to get rid of Trump, this is what it's there for.

Vote against him and make him disappear from the public spotlight? You'd get Democrats and independents crossing over left and right for that!
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

A-Lert

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2016, 10:38:30 pm »
During the rally though, Trump said he expects he'll secure the nomination ahead of the Republican convention in July.

I believe he will also.

Offline Millee

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2016, 10:42:31 pm »
He is orange and 70 something.  Dumb as a box of rocks. Combs his hair from his left armpit. The guy couldn't get elected Dog Catcher in Poughkeepsie. But yet this Nov, he could be the only thing the GOP could cough up to run for the highest office of the land....
Make the nightmare be over.

ROFL!!  Perfect!!  :silly:

Offline annieokie