Author Topic: Hillary Clinton considers all-female ticket by choosing woman as vice-president nominee  (Read 469 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/23/hillary-clinton-considers-all-female-ticket-by-choosing-woman-as/

Rob Crilly, New York

23 April 2016 • 7:18pm

Hillary Clinton is considering selecting another woman as her vice presidential running mate, according to campaign officials.

Following her convincing win over her Democratic rival Bernie Sanders in New York last week, she has already begun turning her attention to November's general election.

This offers the intriguing possibility of not just the first female party nominee but the prospect of an all-woman ticket.

This week, John Podesta, her campaign chairman, told the Boston Globe that women would certainly be on the list of possible vice-presidential candidates: “We’ll start with a broad list and then begin to narrow it. But there is no question that there will be women on that list,” he said.

Such a bold move would stand in contrast to her failed run in 2008 when she shied from emphasising her historic status as potentially the first female nominee for America's highest office.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

How about Caitlyn Jenner?  Just think how many in betweeners you'd attract with a ticket like that!   :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
How do people not see that voting for somebody because of their gender is just as sexist as not voting for somebody because of their gender?
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

How do people not see that voting for somebody because of their gender is just as sexist as not voting for somebody because of their gender?

In the same way that people could not see that voting for somebody because of the color of his skin was as (or more) racist as not voting for someone because of their skin color.

It was racism that elected Barack Obama.  It will be sexism that might elect Hillary Clinton.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
In the same way that people could not see that voting for somebody because of the color of his skin was as (or more) racist as not voting for someone because of their skin color.

It was racism that elected Barack Obama.  It will be sexism that might elect Hillary Clinton.

I hate to admit this but I have already accepted that Hillary will be the next president. Those that think like you won't support Trump, and if Trump gets shut out at the convention many of his supporters will refuse to vote for the candidate chosen for them. Either way Hillary wins, and we get the Clintons for another 4/8 years.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 09:00:52 pm by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

I hate to admit this but I have already accepted that Hillary will be the next president. Those that think like you won't support Trump, and if Trump gets shut out at the convention many of his supporters will refuse to vote for the candidate chosen for them. Either way Hillary wins, and we get the Clintons for another 4/8 years.

Well, then, Trump will have achieved his goal in destroying the Republican Party/Conservative movement and in helping elect his buddy, Hillary.