Author Topic: Priebus: Chances of contested convention have 'plateaued'  (Read 1144 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Priebus: Chances of contested convention have 'plateaued'
« on: April 24, 2016, 03:53:09 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/277428-priebus-on-chances-of-contested-convention-i-think-theyve

April 24, 2016, 10:23 am

By Rebecca Savransky

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus said in an interview Sunday the chances of his party heading toward a contested convention in July are no longer increasing.

"I think they've plateaued," he said on ABC's "This Week" in response to a question on whether the chances of a contested convention were falling.

Priebus said it's clear that the party is "pretty split."

"On the delegate front, obviously Trump's got a little bit of a lead. But if you look on the delegate selection front, it looks like a pretty split decision, so I think it's going to be a close contest going into the next 60 days," he said.

Priebus said the Republican Party will eventually unify behind its nominee. He said he expects the party to have a "strong case" to make to the American people.

"We're working hard to make sure that we've got an open and fair convention so that we get to that place where we can unify around one person," he said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Priebus: Chances of contested convention have 'plateaued'
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 05:36:23 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/277428-priebus-on-chances-of-contested-convention-i-think-theyve

April 24, 2016, 10:23 am

By Rebecca Savransky

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus said in an interview Sunday the chances of his party heading toward a contested convention in July are no longer increasing.

"I think they've plateaued," he said on ABC's "This Week" in response to a question on whether the chances of a contested convention were falling.

Priebus said it's clear that the party is "pretty split."

"On the delegate front, obviously Trump's got a little bit of a lead. But if you look on the delegate selection front, it looks like a pretty split decision, so I think it's going to be a close contest going into the next 60 days," he said.

Priebus said the Republican Party will eventually unify behind its nominee. He said he expects the party to have a "strong case" to make to the American people.

"We're working hard to make sure that we've got an open and fair convention so that we get to that place where we can unify around one person," he said.

Preibus is correct in the fact that the party is split.  Other than that his words are pretty hollow.  He goes on to talk about delegate lead and the delegate selection ... but he NEVER mentions the possibility that Trump could very well get to 1237 --- if that happens there won't be a convention and secondly at that point he's our nominee. The RNC can't very well deny him the nomination if he gets the number of delegates needed. I don't see Trump getting those who have vowed not to vote for him to rally behind him.  Will he then start to go after Hillary?  Ya right.  One debate between Hillary and Donny will show America what a buffoon he really is; a hollow drum with no comprehension of the issues or the function of government.  If you don't think camp Hillary has been chomping at the bit for this moment think again.  He's going to gloat about how great he thinks he is and hand Hillary the White House.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Leto

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 05:40:08 pm »
I will always wonder bout the 1hr phone conversation was about between Bill Clinton and Trump, a month prior to Trump running for President.
"If the devil can keep you from asking the right question he never has to worry about the answer"

THe Screwtape Letters

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 05:48:49 pm »
The entire Trump campaign stinks from start to finish.

You noticed he said "Plateaued" and not "peeked".  There is going to be a huge doodie storm in Cleveland.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 06:09:48 pm »
If Trump is the GOP nominee, do you think he will refuse to debate Hillary?

You are not the first person that has asked me that question.  Trump not debating Hillary is not out of the realm of possibilities and I really think it likely.  To me it would indicate that he had absolutely no intention of being president and is in this strictly to eliminate a conservative, further divide the party and hand Hillary the White House.  I also believe that this plan has been in the works since Barry's second term ... Trump was going to run then to insure the DEMS would win and when they saw that GOPe was probably going to go the route of running another moderate he bowed out. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.