Author Topic: Rick Perry: There Are No Muslim Neighborhoods in America  (Read 3016 times)

rangerrebew

Rick Perry: There Are No Muslim Neighborhoods in America
« on: April 24, 2016, 12:29:47 pm »
Rick Perry: There Are No Muslim Neighborhoods in America

http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/262612/rick-perry-there-are-no-muslim-neighborhoods-daniel-greenfield

April 23, 2016
Daniel Greenfield

After Ted Cruz's call to patrol Muslim neighborhoods, the media began circulating this bizarre and unreal claim. Now in an interview about how much he loves Muslims, ex-Texas governor Rick Perry echoes it.

In the interview, Perry sought to draw a distinction between how Muslims are welcomed in America as opposed to Europe, where many Muslims are not as integrated.

Smart policy dictates engaging Muslims in the fight against Islamist terrorism, he said, not surveilling them:

"The idea that there are definable Muslim communities in this country is false. We don’t have Muslim neighborhoods. They don’t exist—because they are our neighbors."

Whatever anyone's feelings are on Islam, there clearly are definable Muslim neighborhoods in the United States. I've only been to Texas once so I won't speak of it with any confidence, but these places certainly exist in New York and New Jersey. Not to mention Chicago and plenty of other cities. They exist beyond that as well. The name Little Mogadishu is in circulation for a reason.

“I think we have to be careful of falling into a trap,” Perry told The Daily Signal, explaining:

"There have always been people that used differences—in skin color, religion, and culture—to divide us. America has always been able to overcome that. So it’s up to people like me to share the reality that I have had with the Muslim community."

I can remember a time when Robert Spencer, Pamela Geller and myself were attacked by Rick Perry supporters for discussing his views on Islam. But that's the danger of cults of personality. They tend to overwhelm issues and facts.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 12:30:49 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: Rick Perry: There Are No Muslim Neighborhoods in America
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 12:32:44 pm »
He also believes there are no rainforests in the Amazon, the Great Lakes have no lakes, and the Texas border with Mejico is secure. :tongue2:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 12:36:16 pm »
I'm guessing he's never visited Dearbornistan, Michigan.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Leto

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 02:56:22 pm »
Nice guy but not the sharpest knife in the draw.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 07:27:47 pm by Leto »
"If the devil can keep you from asking the right question he never has to worry about the answer"

THe Screwtape Letters

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 03:03:00 pm »
Nice guy but no the sharpest knife in the draw.

If he meant it, I would say he is a butter knife in a drawer of steak knives. :silly:  By the way, welcome to the Briefing Room. 0005a :bighug: I think you will enjoy your time around here. :beer:

rangerrebew

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2016, 03:04:39 pm »

Or around Somaliland - formerly known as Minnesota.

Offline Leto

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2016, 03:05:49 pm »
Thx so far so good still decompressing from the insane asylum FR has become. :silly:
"If the devil can keep you from asking the right question he never has to worry about the answer"

THe Screwtape Letters

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2016, 03:20:12 pm »

:whistle:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2016, 07:55:55 pm »

Exactly.  It's comments like this that has always sunk Perry's ship.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2016, 08:00:32 pm »
Or around Somaliland - formerly known as Minnesota.

My sister lives in Somaliland. It's for realz up there.
The Republic is lost.

Wingnut

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2016, 08:00:57 pm »
Exactly.  It's comments like this that has always sunk Perry's ship.

Sometimes Rick's Brain takes his hair and they go on vacation to Padre Island
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 08:01:22 pm by Wingnut »

geronl

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2016, 08:03:12 pm »
Perry is wrong on this.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2016, 08:23:39 pm »
Sometimes Rick's Brain takes his hair and they go on vacation to Padre Island
Often!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2016, 08:38:10 pm »
Rick Perry:
"The idea that there are definable Muslim communities in this country is false. We don’t have Muslim neighborhoods. They don’t exist—because they are our neighbors."

Jeez, governor.

Good thing you were knocked out of the race when you were.

All you'd have needed was a white flag to hoist up on yer own petard!

Aside:
With losers like this, how is The West going to win?
Hint:
We ain't....

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2016, 08:42:53 pm »
I still maintain he fell off a horse and hit is head.     :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

rangerrebew

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2016, 09:50:32 pm »
As Foghorn Leghorn would have said to Perry:  I say, I SAY boy, you about as shaap as a pound of wet lethah.

Offline raml

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2016, 04:04:47 am »
That has to be the stupidest thing I have heard from anyone in a long time. To think I use to like this politician. Michigan disproves that they even have call to prayer in a couple cities there and since city hall is full of them in Hamtramck Mi I imagine sharia law has been used there. They thankfully are not my neighbors and I don't want them as neighbors.

rangerrebew

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2016, 03:45:35 pm »
That has to be the stupidest thing I have heard from anyone in a long time. To think I use to like this politician. Michigan disproves that they even have call to prayer in a couple cities there and since city hall is full of them in Hamtramck Mi I imagine sharia law has been used there. They thankfully are not my neighbors and I don't want them as neighbors.

I think Sharia is the "unofficial" :bolt: law. :whistle:

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2016, 03:03:31 pm »
Poor Rick.  He needs to stay away from the microphone!! Obviously, Rick hasn't been to Houston either! :shrug:

Wingnut

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2016, 03:30:02 pm »
As Foghorn Leghorn would have said to Perry:  I say, I SAY boy, you about as shaap as a pound of wet lethah.

Or:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Jewbacca

• All Wookies Are Jewish
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2016, 08:38:56 pm »
Perry is a nice man and reasonably conservative.  I understand he was an able governor, mainly because he did little.

But he's also not the sharpest knife in the drawer and trusts the wrong people in government often.
The residents of Iroquois Territory shall not determine if Jews may  live in Jerusalem.

rangerrebew

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2016, 09:32:18 pm »
Poor Rick.  He needs to stay away from the microphone!! Obviously, Rick hasn't been to Houston either! :shrug:

Welcome aboard!! :beer:  Both of my kids are native Texans, born in Dallas.  One lives in Chicago now and the other Philthydelphia.  This is an interesting place with lots of scholarly and not so scholarly insights on articles and we look forward to seeing you giving us your perspective, :headbang:

Offline oldmomster

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2016, 10:36:57 am »
Perry is a nice man and reasonably conservative.  I understand he was an able governor, mainly because he did little.

But he's also not the sharpest knife in the drawer and trusts the wrong people in government often.

He obviously didn't watch the election returns in Minnesota - slave scarfs for almost everyone - yay.

http://theuptake.org/2016/03/03/somali-community-drives-record-breaking-caucus-turnout/

http://theuptake.org/core/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Screen-Shot-2016-03-03-at-9.12.10-AM-1170x677.png

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2016, 03:20:16 pm »
Perry's a great guy. He  came up as a speaker in '14 for a fundraiser we were having for a state senate campaign I was running. Truly genuine, down to earth guy, very knowledgeable on the issues. He was on my short list for Prez.

I don't know why though, but every once in awhile he does this stuff. Frustrating.
The Republic is lost.

Offline senseiern

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2016, 06:23:12 pm »
He also believes there are no rainforests in the Amazon, the Great Lakes have no lakes, and the Texas border with Mejico is secure. :tongue2:
I've never seen even one rain tree, so I refuse to believe in a rain forest.