Author Topic: Cruz: Trump Is Betraying Americans Before He's Even Elected  (Read 1278 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Cruz: Trump Is Betraying Americans Before He's Even Elected
« on: April 24, 2016, 12:11:50 pm »
 :amen: 

Ted Cruz: Trump Is ‘Betraying Americans’ Before He's Even Elected

Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz is intensifying his attacks on chief rival Donald Trump, calling him a phony and liar who is betraying conservative voters.

Over the course of Saturday at campaign stops in both Pennsylvania and Indiana, Cruz coined new punchlines attacking Trump, calling him everything from a master illusionist like Houdini to a man who campaigns like Mick Jagger parachuting into a rock concert concert to someone who should consider writing "The Art of The Betrayal."

Speaking from the bed of a pickup truck in the parking lot of a Plainfield, Indiana, diner, Cruz energized a crowd of supporters by calling Trump "crazy Donald" and a "phony Donald."

"He is laughing at the American people and pretending to be something he's not," Cruz told reporters after the rally. "If you want to be elected president, you need to show the humility to come and ask for the support of the people -- not parachute in like Mick Jagger, give some disjointed speech in a football stadium and then fly out on your jet back to New York City.

"We've had enough politicians who are pretenders," he said.

Cruz also bashed Trump for his opposition to the North Carolina bathroom bill.

"So let me make things real simple, even if Donald Trump dresses up as Hillary Clinton, he shouldn’t be using the girl’s restroom,” said Cruz at a rally in Lebanon, Indiana.

Cruz then laughed, apologizing to the audience for giving them the image of "Donald in a bright blue pantsuit."

"But let me just say to Jimmy Fallon and 'The Tonight Show,' please give us that image," Cruz said.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/ted-cruz-trump-betraying-americans-elected/story?id=38624204
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: Cruz: Trump Is Betraying Americans Before He's Even Elected
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 12:58:53 pm »
Cruz then laughed, apologizing to the audience for giving them the image of "Donald in a bright blue pantsuit.""

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 01:43:23 pm »
...says the Trumpster who offers no other rebuttal, because there just isn't one!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 02:08:01 pm »
Donald Trump is a lying, thoroughly corrupt, snake oil salesman and apparently there is currently a great demand for snake oil!
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 02:20:09 pm »
...says the Trumpster who offers no other rebuttal, because there just isn't one!

He's Lyin' Ted.  No rebuttal is necessary.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2016, 02:26:14 pm »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2016, 02:30:32 pm »
Josh Jordan ‏@NumbersMuncher  21m21 minutes ago

Trump is 69 years old. If he's just now figuring out what he believes through a 'natural evolution,' you can be sure he has no real beliefs.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2016, 03:23:18 pm »

Do you mean "betraying Americans" like trying to take 71% of the delegates in Pennsylvania when you'll be lucky to get 25% of the actual vote, Ted?  Or getting the most delegates in Louisiana when you lost, Ted?

This guy is such slime.  The GOPe is setting this loser up to lose, and conservatism as we know it will be benched the GOPe because "you can't win, see, Ted lost."
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2016, 03:41:11 pm »

The GOPe is setting this loser up to lose, and conservatism as we know it will be benched the GOPe because "you can't win, see, Ted lost."

I won't go so far as saying anybody is "setting this loser up to lose." Circumstances are showing that the single person most would agree represents contemporary conservatism, can't come close to winning on his own in America.

America is simply not as conservative as Cruz portrays himself. His personality and demeanor are not particularly "attractive," and the GOP really needs a big shakeup at the least.

Thinking longer term, if this plays out according to polls, Hillary wins (over Trump or Cruz),  you are correct--the GOPe will point to Cruz as evidence his profile is not a winning profile.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2016, 07:26:09 pm »
I won't go so far as saying anybody is "setting this loser up to lose." Circumstances are showing that the single person most would agree represents contemporary conservatism, can't come close to winning on his own in America.

America is simply not as conservative as Cruz portrays himself. His personality and demeanor are not particularly "attractive," and the GOP really needs a big shakeup at the least.

Thinking longer term, if this plays out according to polls, Hillary wins (over Trump or Cruz),  you are correct--the GOPe will point to Cruz as evidence his profile is not a winning profile.

This is the funniest post that I have seen so far.  Talking about Ted Cruz personality.  Trump cannot win because he insults at least half of American.  You are saying that a person who is vulgar and violent is more appealing.  Not true.  Ted Cruz is a Constitutionalist.  I have no doubt that he would run this country by the law.  Trump would be another executive action president ignoring the separate powers of our government.  What is really crazy is Trumps followers love him for his hate.  They are still hanging onto Trumps first words about Hispanics being rapist.  They don't seem smart enough to realize that Trump is getting the Hispanic vote.  Which he is.  Nevada, New York, and I believe California.  Still working on getting the data.  And I don't hate Hispanics.  Don't think they are all murderers and rapists.  I do know that jobs do not keep up with the current flood of illegal immigration.  Put on top of that H1 and 2b which Trump uses to staff and you have Americans struggling.  Add to that the exodus of American companies to other countries.  Disaster for American families.  Yet Donald says he is going to bring jobs back from those countries.  Guess what though?  Trump was in Laredo Texas promising that Hispanics are going to get the jobs and they will love Trump.

Trump followers need to read past the Hispanics are racist comments by your leader.  Figure out that Hispanics are smarter than you.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 07:32:50 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2016, 07:45:04 pm »
Florida 1/3 Latino vote

https://www.yahoo.com/news/more-1-3-florida-latinos-202100732.html?ref=gs

He may say he is going to deport all those people but he is going to expedite them back into the country in front of the people waiting to get in legally.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/more-1-3-florida-latinos-202100732.html?ref=gs
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2016, 07:54:22 pm »
This is the funniest post that I have seen so far.  Talking about Ted Cruz personality.  Trump cannot win because he insults at least half of American.  You are saying that a person who is vulgar and violent is more appealing.  Not true.  Ted Cruz is a Constitutionalist.  I have no doubt that he would run this country by the law.  Trump would be another executive action president ignoring the separate powers of our government.  What is really crazy is Trumps followers love him for his hate.  They are still hanging onto Trumps first words about Hispanics being rapist.  They don't seem smart enough to realize that Trump is getting the Hispanic vote.  Which he is.  Nevada, New York, and I believe California.  Still working on getting the data.  And I don't hate Hispanics.  Don't think they are all murderers and rapists.  I do know that jobs do not keep up with the current flood of illegal immigration.  Put on top of that H1 and 2b which Trump uses to staff and you have Americans struggling.  Add to that the exodus of American companies to other countries.  Disaster for American families.  Yet Donald says he is going to bring jobs back from those countries.  Guess what though?  Trump was in Laredo Texas promising that Hispanics are going to get the jobs and they will love Trump.

Trump followers need to read past the Hispanics are racist comments by your leader.  Figure out that Hispanics are smarter than you.

The last poll I saw was a recent Gallup, and showed 77% of Hispanics had a negative view of him.  But I don't see Trump supporters loving him for his hate.  I've seen enough from them to show they really do believe he can not only shake up a Party they are disillusioned with, but that he can somehow turn a sick economy back around.  I don't agree, but they see Trump as the only hope left.

I think both Trump and Cruz have a tough road with the likeability issue with most Americans.  I don't see either one turning that around any time soon.  But maybe by July 21.   :0001: 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2016, 08:07:37 pm »
The last poll I saw was a recent Gallup, and showed 77% of Hispanics had a negative view of him.  But I don't see Trump supporters loving him for his hate.  I've seen enough from them to show they really do believe he can not only shake up a Party they are disillusioned with, but that he can somehow turn a sick economy back around.  I don't agree, but they see Trump as the only hope left.

I think both Trump and Cruz have a tough road with the likeability issue with most Americans.  I don't see either one turning that around any time soon.  But maybe by July 21.   :0001:

I don't believe it to be so much of a likeability issue now as it is a credibility issue at this point.  Who do you trust more?  Someone who makes a statement and is knowledgeable about the issue and actually has laid out a plan or someone who makes a statement and follows up by just saying "trust me".  Who do you feel is ready to be Commander in Chief?  Someone who obviously knows the function of the three branches of government and the Constitution or someone who doesn't have a clue?

Cruz 2016.  Reigniting the Promise of America!!

Offline Leto

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2016, 08:12:10 pm »
He's Lyin' Ted.  No rebuttal is necessary.

When Manafort told the RNC people that this Trump schtick, and not to worry, what did that tell you. Especially after all the flipping and flopping on the issues?

What did Trump and B Clinton talk about for an hour before Trump announced?
"If the devil can keep you from asking the right question he never has to worry about the answer"

THe Screwtape Letters

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2016, 10:43:19 pm »

I saw the thread on the polls.  I don't believe it because the voting data says otherwise.  He won the Hispanic vote in Nevada and also in New York.  I bet when we get the data for California we will see the same.  Why wouldn't Hispanics want Trump?  He is promising them Amnesty if they haven't been in trouble.  What isn't to like about that?  The Hispanics that shouldn't like Trump would be the criminals.  They are the rapists and murderers.

Truth is that Trump is the candidate for Hispanics.  But people just want to disregard that he isn't really deporting anyone unless they have committed crimes.

Anyway check out how well Trump did with Hispanics in New York.

http://conservativetribune.com/new-data-hispanic-vote-trump/

Offline Leto

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2016, 11:13:18 pm »
I saw the thread on the polls.  I don't believe it because the voting data says otherwise.  He won the Hispanic vote in Nevada and also in New York.  I bet when we get the data for California we will see the same.  Why wouldn't Hispanics want Trump?  He is promising them Amnesty if they haven't been in trouble.  What isn't to like about that?  The Hispanics that shouldn't like Trump would be the criminals.  They are the rapists and murderers.

Truth is that Trump is the candidate for Hispanics.  But people just want to disregard that he isn't really deporting anyone unless they have committed crimes.

Judging the Hispanic vote in a general election with a small subset on hispanics voting in a pub primary is rather foolish. Like people who think because he get some female voters that he has no problems with women in a general election.

But you will see the disaster of people misjedging this if he is the nominee, which is likely.
"If the devil can keep you from asking the right question he never has to worry about the answer"

THe Screwtape Letters

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2016, 11:24:31 pm »

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2016, 12:07:11 am »
  He is promising them Amnesty if they haven't been in trouble.  What isn't to like about that? 

Lie

Cruz also wants a path to legalization, and Kasich is the one who wants to grant amnesty within his first 100 days.

When The Daily Caller sought clarification at the time from the Trump campaign, a senior adviser replied with a circuitous answer that emphasized that Trump wanted to secure the border and didn’t believe in “amnesty,” but wouldn’t explicitly reject a pathway to legalization.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/24/donald-trump-on-amnesty-if-somebodys-been-outstanding-we-try-and-work-something-out-video/#ixzz46nAsDqry

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2016, 12:10:06 am »
 :pondering:  :whistle:

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/ted-cruz-hasnt-ruled-out-legal-status-undocumented-imigrants

Republican presidential hopeful Ted Cruz’s office on Friday indicated the Texas senator remains open to a path to legal status for undocumented workers, putting him at odds with conservatives who deride such a position as unacceptable “amnesty.”

Cruz opposed the Senate bipartisan immigration bill and its proposed path to citizenship that passed in 2013, but he also indicated to The Texas Tribune that year that he supported giving some undocumented immigrants permission to stay in the country with more limited legal status. He noted that an amendment he had filed to strip the Senate legislation of its citizenship component deliberately “did not change the underlying work permit from the [bill]” that would allow undocumented immigrants to remain in the country without fear of deportation.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2016, 12:24:22 am »

The only thing I've heard him say in one of the debates was that the 11 million who are here illegally must go, but some can come back.  Trump has a lot of backtracking before he can get any realistic amount of Hispanic voters over Hillary.  It's all about the campaign rhetoric, not what will really happen in 2017 under a new administration.  It's not just Gallup, but about any legitimate poll.  He may think Hispanics like him, but most of the polls I've seen say otherwise.  Though a little worse, they are consistent with all the polls showing his negatives across the Country both as a whole, and within various groups.  I know presidential polls are moving from week to week, but these have been pretty consistent. 

HonestJohn

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2016, 12:25:58 am »

He didn't win the Hispanic vote at all.  That's the Trumpbart echo chamber talking.

What he won was the majority of hispanics who decided to vote in the GOP primary.

That is, in no way, the majority (or even a plurality) of the Hispanic vote for the state.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 12:26:50 am by HonestJohn »

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2016, 12:48:05 am »
He didn't win the Hispanic vote at all.  That's the Trumpbart echo chamber talking.

What he won was the majority of hispanics who decided to vote in the GOP primary.

That is, in no way, the majority (or even a plurality) of the Hispanic vote for the state.

Which makes sense because GOP Hispanics are largely against illegal immigration, and will go for the guy saying he wants to build a wall and kick a bunch of them out.  Pro-amnesty Kasich is an afterthought to them, and fellow Hispanic Cruz has a more moderate stance on illegals than Trump.

This is fun when you anti-Trumps disagree with each other and don't even realize it.   :tongue2:

« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 12:49:48 am by AnybodyButaDem »

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2016, 12:51:48 am »
Even accepting the stupid and lying premise that Trump will grant literal amnesty to only the "good ones," Hillary has nowhere near that position.

Yet I thought Trump and Clinton were exactly alike?  Destroys that dumb comparison, doesn't it?

Also, why does Kasich sound more like Clinton on this topic?  He wants to give amnesty within his first 100 days, and he's running as a Republican!!  Anyone?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 12:52:37 am by AnybodyButaDem »

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2016, 01:11:54 am »
Even accepting the stupid and lying premise that Trump will grant literal amnesty to only the "good ones," Hillary has nowhere near that position.

Yet I thought Trump and Clinton were exactly alike?  Destroys that dumb comparison, doesn't it?

Also, why does Kasich sound more like Clinton on this topic?  He wants to give amnesty within his first 100 days, and he's running as a Republican!!  Anyone?

Kasich's position is that no one is going to force 12 or 12 million illegals out.  Having said that, I believe his position is pretty close to that of the Senate when they voted for the immigration reform bill in 2013.  Kasich is probably the last one that would go around Congress on this issue.  But he would certainly express his views that comprehensive reform is essential and that along with better border security and other enforcement initiatives, it should include a legalization program of some type.

As for Hispanics and the GOP, they favor Democrats by around a 30 point margin over Republicans.  That probably helps explain why 77% have a negative view of Trump.  Cruz is still having trouble gaining Hispanic support overall even given his heritage, as he seems to stand firm on deporting all illegals last I saw.

Both are going to have to move somewhat toward the middle or face losing even more of the Hispanic vote than Romney did.