Poll

IF DONALD TRUMP is our nominee, will you vote for him in the General?

YES! HE WAS CHOSEN AT THE CONVENTION
61 (36.1%)
NO! I WILL STAY HOME OR VOTE DOWN TICKET
68 (40.2%)
I WILL WRITE IN TED CRUZ!
37 (21.9%)
I WILL VOTE FOR HILLARY!
3 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 158

Voting closed: May 07, 2016, 04:02:57 am

Author Topic: (POLL #2) VOTE! IF TRUMP IS THE NOMINEE WILL YOU VOTE FOR HIM?  (Read 71047 times)

Offline MACVSOG68

Re: (POLL #2) VOTE! IF TRUMP IS THE NOMINEE WILL YOU VOTE FOR HIM?
« Reply #575 on: June 26, 2016, 01:00:52 am »
You apparently have been missing out on the dialogue from the Trump Militant in the past week.

I do not find any reasonableness or rationality in a mindset that insists that Trump is going to save the country.   It is idolatry to assume one man is going to save this nation, when we do not have a monarchy and were not founded on that precept so many now ascribe to Trump.

And the Lucifer deal, well - as one of the acolytes for Trump himself stated, he is HIS Lucifer.

So you have that which I referenced.

I've followed it quite well actually for many months now.  I don't think Trump can save the Nation, certainly not without a congress that will both guide him and work with him.  I don't yet care much for him, and he would not be my candidate.  Still, there is no other choice for me.  Electing him may not save the Country, but the next round of Democrats running it will ruin it far more than it is today.  I neither condemn anyone here for their vote nor tell anyone how to vote.  And I certainly can't see any rationale for the kind of language you used as references to a political issue.   
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #576 on: June 26, 2016, 01:20:37 pm »
Love how that logical fallacy keeps rearing its ugly head.  Just goes to show that Trump supporters have a very weak grasp of basic logic.  I am only responsible for the vote I cast, not for the votes I do not cast.  And if I do not vote for a certain person, that is the fault of that person and that person's supporters, because they failed to persuade me.

It's too bad Trump is such anathema to so many people.  If his supporters had used their brains, instead of giving in to their hatred and fear, we wouldn't be in this place.

Or you just don't care who becomes President.

YOUR opinions and principles are the reason why YOU are where YOU'RE at. Don't blame it on others.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #577 on: June 26, 2016, 02:34:19 pm »
Or you just don't care who becomes President.

YOUR opinions and principles are the reason why YOU are where YOU'RE at. Don't blame it on others.

The stark contrast here is that despite their level of formal education and experience in critical thinking, they have no connection with "The Street".

They don't see that Donald Trump, not only beat 16 other candidates head to head...not only the GOPe...but also that he's the ONLY person that has been able to piss on the media's leg and tell them it's raining.  Time and again.

They can't grasp that he's the perfect opponent for the always overreaching Left.

They can't 'see' the similarities between Obama's bringing 1 million Muslims here into the USA since 2009 (it's probably a helluva lot more than than that)....virtually dissolving our Southern Border by allowing perhaps 4-5 Million here in the same timeframe....with Angela Merkel declaring that she was welcoming "....up to 800,000 Muslim immigrants to rebuild Germany's workforce".

They can't see the anger with 29 hour work weeks....mandated health insurance you cannot afford...being lied to by the Democrats and Obama that your premiums would go down and you could keep your doctor.

THAT is real for Joe the Plumber.  And Joseph the accountant.

They refuse to accept that Donald Trump is going to ride that same wave of populism right into the Oval Office.

Praise Jesus!           :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline oldmomster

« Reply #578 on: June 26, 2016, 02:50:29 pm »

They can't see the anger with 29 hour work weeks....mandated health insurance you cannot afford...being lied to by the Democrats and Obama that your premiums would go down and you could keep your doctor.

They refuse to accept that Donald Trump is going to ride that same wave of populism right into the Oval Office.

YES!!!  real for every young adult I know that either can't find a job or needs two 'part time' jobs to make ends meet as they can no longer afford apartments on their own so share with multiple roommates as

rents rise because property taxes increase to pay the protected class their promised minwage and benes FOREVER.  vote dems OUT - ALL of them.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #579 on: June 26, 2016, 02:51:27 pm »
The stark contrast here is that despite their level of formal education and experience in critical thinking, they have no connection with "The Street".

They don't see that Donald Trump, not only beat 16 other candidates head to head...not only the GOPe...but also that he's the ONLY person that has been able to piss on the media's leg and tell them it's raining.  Time and again.

They can't grasp that he's the perfect opponent for the always overreaching Left.

They can't 'see' the similarities between Obama's bringing 1 million Muslims here into the USA since 2009 (it's probably a helluva lot more than than that)....virtually dissolving our Southern Border by allowing perhaps 4-5 Million here in the same timeframe....with Angela Merkel declaring that she was welcoming "....up to 800,000 Muslim immigrants to rebuild Germany's workforce".

Indeed. 

Offline aligncare

« Reply #580 on: June 27, 2016, 12:54:56 pm »

:amen: righteous posting, dude!

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #581 on: June 27, 2016, 01:07:14 pm »
:amen: righteous posting, dude!

:beer:

Done playing with these people.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #582 on: June 27, 2016, 01:12:28 pm »
:beer:

Done playing with these people.

HEAR, HEAR!

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #583 on: June 27, 2016, 01:33:01 pm »
HEAR, HEAR!

Not confronting them.   I'm putting them on ignore.

At this stage of the game, if they're still doing conservative pedigree-checks even the Pope couldn't pass today?   Then I don't want to know them.

It's not like we have any history among us...compared to, for example, @sinkspur    :laugh:  I'll never give up on him.   

Offline MOD3

« Reply #584 on: June 27, 2016, 01:51:05 pm »
Please stay on topic.

And, contrary to the last many comments, the topic is NOT what you think of your fellow TBR'ers.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #585 on: June 27, 2016, 02:08:49 pm »

At this stage of the game, if they're still doing conservative pedigree-checks even the Pope couldn't pass today?   

Since when has that freaking commie in the Vatican been a conservative?

Hell,the Vatican INVENTED globalism!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 02:09:21 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #586 on: June 27, 2016, 02:29:31 pm »
Since when has that freaking commie in the Vatican been a conservative?

Hell,the Vatican INVENTED globalism!

I purposely used the Pope in my post, knowing his Leftist bent.   :laugh:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #587 on: June 27, 2016, 02:34:39 pm »
Please stay on topic.

And, contrary to the last many comments, the topic is NOT what you think of your fellow TBR'ers.

#1  the thread is 24 pages long

#2  My remarks certainly do follow the overall theme and remarks herein.

#3. Since I will have many fellow members on ignore, I will not be here defending myself on attacks such as I had to endure from @Oceander the other night.  Therefore, I will continue to make my case as politely as possible.  You know....the way we ALL used to post over a year ago. 

Offline aligncare

« Reply #588 on: June 27, 2016, 02:48:59 pm »
24 pages and we're supposed stay on topic? Whoa, slow down there -- let me catch my breath! The depth of discussion on 'will you vote for the Republican nominee' ...my head is spinning!

Sounds more like an attempt at moderator  :threadjack: if you ask me.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 10:32:17 pm by aligncare »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #589 on: June 27, 2016, 02:57:03 pm »
24 pages and we're supposed stay on topic? Whoa, slow down there -- let me catch my breath! The depth of discussion on 'will you vote for the Republican nominee' ...that has my head is spinning!

Sounds more like an attempt at moderator  :threadjack: if you ask me.

We both know who it is, @aligncare   

Oceander

« Reply #590 on: June 27, 2016, 03:19:39 pm »
#1  the thread is 24 pages long

#2  My remarks certainly do follow the overall theme and remarks herein.

#3. Since I will have many fellow members on ignore, I will not be here defending myself on attacks such as I had to endure from @Oceander the other night.  Therefore, I will continue to make my case as politely as possible.  You know....the way we ALL used to post over a year ago. 

:baby:

If you're going to sling the hash you'd better be ready to catch it when it comes back.  And you've been slinging a lot of hash around lately, including in Myst's direction.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #591 on: June 27, 2016, 06:17:19 pm »

:baby:

If you're going to sling the hash you'd better be ready to catch it when it comes back.  And you've been slinging a lot of hash around lately, including in Myst's direction.

And look who shows up!   :laugh:   

Get back on topic, @Oceander   And mind you own GD business.

@mystery-ak   That's a GD lie.   And I want it stopped now! 
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 06:18:08 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline For-Q-Clinton

« Reply #592 on: June 27, 2016, 07:03:38 pm »

At this stage of the game, if they're still doing conservative pedigree-checks even the Pope couldn't pass today?   Then I don't want to know them.

It's not like we have any history among us...compared to, for example, @sinkspur    :laugh:  I'll never give up on him.

Do you think the Pope is Conservative?  If so that explains a lot!  He's a big commie in case you didn't know.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #593 on: June 27, 2016, 08:15:04 pm »
Amazing the amount of demands the Trump Militant make.

They demand we vote for their prince, or be deemed traitors and worse.

They demand safe spaces and echo chambers free from any contrarian views.

They demand action and bannings/suspensions/removals of those who dare question them or their prince.

They demand stoppage of anyone pointing out their hypocrisy.

Or they will put you on ignore and run to the mods screaming like infants because people are not putting up with their bullying tactics.

Very fascinating.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline aligncare

« Reply #594 on: June 27, 2016, 08:39:20 pm »
So where's the crack moderator to come in here and admonish errant posters to stay on topic and off other poster's backs?

Oh, I forgot. That only applies if you're a Trump supporter.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #595 on: June 27, 2016, 09:38:00 pm »

LOL!

And in that process, by hook and by crook, managed to piss everyone off so very badly that there is no chance of any unity at all - The price you pay for a divisive campaign built upon denigrating your opponents and the election system, and the party itself, while lying through your teeth the whole way along.

Quite the opposite. He IS the left... Which is why he too is always overreaching.

We see just fine - What is at issue is whether a man of low character, such as Trump, will actually do as he has promised - most of which he has already backtracked upon... And lacking principles, whether he has the stones to rectify anything in the first place.

So what about the anger? Anger is useless without a plan...  DESTROY EVERYTHING!!! Then what?

Not without Conservatives, he's not.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #596 on: June 27, 2016, 09:50:28 pm »
So where's the crack moderator to come in here and admonish errant posters to stay on topic and off other poster's backs?

Oh, I forgot. That only applies if you're a Trump supporter.

See what I mean?

I find this interesting because when only 36.1% of the respondents to the poll say they are voting for Trump, a small minority of those 36.1% then go full-tilt against the remaining 64%and declare them to be everything from traitors to trolls and go on to demand their safe spaces and echo chambers because taking over social media groups and entire forums is not enough.  They then stalk threads and fling insults and other assorted condescensions while feigning innocence after running to the mods to complain because they are 'done playing with these people'.  So then they trumpet about how they have us all on ignore yet demand the banning and silencing those who will not support the 36.1% and go on to throw public tantrums against the mod staff for not moving fast enough to suit them, or because they do not like being admonished by the same.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online DB

« Reply #597 on: June 27, 2016, 11:38:58 pm »

I've got bad news for you. Trump has said he's going to require health insurance companies to accept people with preexisting conditions and is part of his "plan". The only way you can do that is require people to buy health insurance - hence the "mandate". He was for the mandate before he was against it... Otherwise no one in their right mind would buy insurance until they have a problem that needs covered. It is a logical fallacy to claim you can cover preexisting conditions without the mandate. The mandate is why we have 29 hour work weeks. So if you expect Trump to "fix" this, you are dead wrong. That is if you believe Trump's going to do what he says he'll do...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 11:40:00 pm by DB »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #598 on: June 27, 2016, 11:48:11 pm »
[quote author=DB link=topic=203243.msg945033#msg945033 date=1467070
I've got bad news for you. Trump has said he's going to require health insurance companies to accept people with preexisting conditions and is part of his "plan". The only way you can do that is require people to buy health insurance - hence the "mandate". He was for the mandate before he was against it... Otherwise no one in their right mind would buy insurance until they have a problem that needs covered. It is a logical fallacy to claim you can cover preexisting conditions without the mandate. The mandate is why we have 29 hour work weeks. So if you expect Trump to "fix" this, you are dead wrong. That is if you believe Trump's going to do what he says he'll do...
[/quote]

HEY! Cut the Orange One some slack on that one. His lawyers probably haven't explained what a "mandate" is to him yet. Once they figure out how to spin it and teach him how to repeat what they have came up with,he will parrot it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #599 on: June 28, 2016, 09:21:57 pm »
Trump is sea biscuit? Wasn't there a list on FR about the ridiculous things Trump has been compared to? I bet sea biscuit isn't one of them.