Poll

IF DONALD TRUMP is our nominee, will you vote for him in the General?

YES! HE WAS CHOSEN AT THE CONVENTION
61 (36.1%)
NO! I WILL STAY HOME OR VOTE DOWN TICKET
68 (40.2%)
I WILL WRITE IN TED CRUZ!
37 (21.9%)
I WILL VOTE FOR HILLARY!
3 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 158

Voting closed: May 07, 2016, 04:02:57 am

Author Topic: (POLL #2) VOTE! IF TRUMP IS THE NOMINEE WILL YOU VOTE FOR HIM?  (Read 71366 times)

Offline wolfcreek

Re: (POLL #2) VOTE! IF TRUMP IS THE NOMINEE WILL YOU VOTE FOR HIM?
« Reply #425 on: June 23, 2016, 11:42:37 am »
Calling Luis Gonzalez a traitor because he is "pro amnesty" (he's not), and because of his Hispanic last name.

There was no room for "interpretation."  It was an outright racist personal attack.

Hispanics are generally Caucasian or a mix.

Never thought I would see so many 'conservatives' playing the race card. Especially when it's wholly not about race.

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #426 on: June 23, 2016, 12:00:38 pm »
America has spoken. Trump won. Any opposition only helps Hillary.

There's your sign.

5% of America has spoken.  The other 95% may have something to say about that.
Former Republican.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #427 on: June 23, 2016, 12:00:53 pm »
America has spoken. Trump won. Any opposition only helps Hillary.

There's your sign.

Trump has won nothing but a few states in primaries so far.  Save the gloating for when he actually wins something.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #428 on: June 23, 2016, 12:11:32 pm »
Trump has won nothing but a few states in primaries so far.  Save the gloating for when he actually wins something.

That's how we choose our nominee....primary elections. If the delegates are representative of the populous, he's in.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #429 on: June 23, 2016, 12:14:53 pm »
That's how we choose our nominee....primary elections. If the delegates are representative of the populous, he's in.

The candidate that wins the primary elections may be "in" as the nominee,but that doesn't mean anyone has to vote for him or her,and *I* will NOT vote for Trump. Period.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #430 on: June 23, 2016, 12:25:04 pm »
The candidate that wins the primary elections may be "in" as the nominee,but that doesn't mean anyone has to vote for him or her,and *I* will NOT vote for Trump. Period.

That's your prerogative.

Oceander

« Reply #431 on: June 23, 2016, 12:38:53 pm »

Actually no, it's not.  We choose the nominee at the convention by vote of the delegates, who are not lockstep bound to vote for Trump solely based on the primary results. 

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #432 on: June 23, 2016, 12:44:03 pm »
Actually no, it's not.  We choose the nominee at the convention by vote of the delegates, who are not lockstep bound to vote for Trump solely based on the primary results.

So then they're likle the Democrat's super delegates. [going against the wishes of the voters?] NICE!

« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 12:47:12 pm by wolfcreek »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #433 on: June 23, 2016, 12:49:29 pm »
So then they're likle the Democrat's super delegates. [going against the wishes of the voters?] NICE!

You guys are stuck on that progressive highway.

LOL!   We're days from the Battle of Appomattox and they're still sniping at Fort Sumter.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #434 on: June 23, 2016, 12:54:26 pm »

Winner take all already goes against the wishes of the voters, so you have nothing to complain about on that point.  Beyond that, the point of having representative systems with agents who have discretion to act is precisely to mitigate the worst impulses of the mob, and that sort of pressure relief valve is built into multiple layers of our system.  That is why, for example, we have the electoral college instead of a straight majority-rules popular vote election for president.  The Founders were extremely suspicious of direct democracy, and rightly so; Trump is proof positive that their concerns were, and still are, extremely relevant.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #435 on: June 23, 2016, 01:05:54 pm »

No, the majority of GOP voters voted against DT. So, by your logic, he should be rejected at the convention.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #436 on: June 23, 2016, 01:08:15 pm »
Winner take all already goes against the wishes of the voters, so you have nothing to complain about on that point.  Beyond that, the point of having representative systems with agents who have discretion to act is precisely to mitigate the worst impulses of the mob, and that sort of pressure relief valve is built into multiple layers of our system.  That is why, for example, we have the electoral college instead of a straight majority-rules popular vote election for president.  The Founders were extremely suspicious of direct democracy, and rightly so; Trump is proof positive that their concerns were, and still are, extremely relevant.

If you would felt the same way supposing Cruz were the nominee, I would believe your sincerity.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #437 on: June 23, 2016, 01:10:52 pm »
Reality: If the "majority" of the GOP voters don't get behind the nominee, it's going to be a tough 4 to 8 years [or much longer] for this country.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #438 on: June 23, 2016, 01:13:15 pm »
Reality: If the "majority" of the GOP voters don't get behind the nominee, it's going to be a tough 4 to 8 years [or much longer] for this country.

You're changing the subject.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #439 on: June 23, 2016, 01:14:57 pm »
It has nothing to do with race and everything to do with allegiance and sovereignty.

Yeah...................... right ..................     **nononono*

So you actually think @Luis Gonzalez does NOT pledge allegiance to America because of his last name??

I mean that IS what you said, wolfcreek.

As for the "race card".......what a complete crock!  You're the one using race as a factor in whether or not one is loyal to US Sovereignty.

YOU are the offender here, not those of us who found your offense disgusting.

Once again........ no wonder you're so loyal to Trump.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 01:16:07 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #440 on: June 23, 2016, 01:20:02 pm »

@wolfcreek is revealing a startling ignorance about how and why we have representatives, and don't have direct democracy.

The idea that "America has spoken" is a statement completely devoid of reality at multiple levels.  The one you point out here is the most important.

But then, Trump's followers fell in love with him because he broke rules.

They obviously didn't care that those "rules" included the Constitution........

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online roamer_1

« Reply #441 on: June 23, 2016, 01:54:59 pm »

You should have thought of that before now.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #442 on: June 23, 2016, 02:04:36 pm »

You should have thought of that before now.

Wish they had.  Then we wouldn't be in this impossible mess and doomed to Progressivism for another four years...........  **nononono*

Online Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #443 on: June 23, 2016, 06:38:57 pm »
Thanks everyone. I am touched by the many who came to my defense.

My last name has existed, uninterruptedly, on U.S. soil for hundreds of years, even before there was a U.S. It is the last name over the doorstep of the oldest house in the oldest city in what is now the U.S. I myself am an American, and I find it disgusting when people question that.

As my conversation progressed with wolfcreek, I knew what I was dealing with, so I dropped out.

I was right.

"Cuban Americans understand perhaps better than many of their fellow citizens that freedom is not just the heritage of the people of the United States. It is the birthright of the people of this hemisphere." - Ronald Reagan, Remarks at a Cuban Independence Day Celebration in Miami, Florida, May 20, 1983

I was there.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 06:40:07 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #444 on: June 23, 2016, 06:44:20 pm »

My last name has existed, uninterruptedly, on U.S. soil for hundreds of years, even before there was a U.S. It is the last name over the doorstep of the oldest house in the oldest city in what is now the U.S. I myself am an American, and I find it disgusting when people question that.

As my conversation progressed with wolfcreek, I knew what I was dealing with, so I dropped out.

I was right.

"Cuban Americans understand perhaps better than many of their fellow citizens that freedom is not just the heritage of the people of the United States. It is the birthright of the people of this hemisphere." - Ronald Reagan, Remarks at a Cuban Independence Day Celebration in Miami, Florida, May 20, 1983

I was there.

:thumbsup:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #445 on: June 23, 2016, 06:52:07 pm »

I was right.

I was there.

I wasn't among those who came to your defense Luis and that was because long experience has taught me that you didn't need me to!  :beer:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 06:52:44 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #446 on: June 23, 2016, 06:54:48 pm »

I was right.

I was there.

God bless you, Luis!  Anyone who knows you does not question your patriotism and love of America.

You and I have had a tiff or two, but I am still incensed that anyone here called you a traitor because of your last name.

It's bad enough to know that such mindless hatred exists on American soil, but that it exists on this forum is deeply troubling.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #447 on: June 23, 2016, 06:57:54 pm »

That scare-tactic don't work no more especially since your prince has as little regard for the Constitution as either Obama or Hildabeast have for it.

You're simply vying for your dictator over theirs.

Some of us choose not to play that game or lend a hand to what we've been already fundamentally transformed into.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline musiclady

« Reply #448 on: June 23, 2016, 07:26:18 pm »
I wasn't among those who came to your defense Luis and that was because long experience has taught me that you didn't need me to!  :beer:

Well THAT, sir, is the truth!   :beer:

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #449 on: June 23, 2016, 07:30:19 pm »

I was right.

I was there.

Glad you're here.
Former Republican.