Poll

IF DONALD TRUMP is our nominee, will you vote for him in the General?

YES! HE WAS CHOSEN AT THE CONVENTION
61 (36.1%)
NO! I WILL STAY HOME OR VOTE DOWN TICKET
68 (40.2%)
I WILL WRITE IN TED CRUZ!
37 (21.9%)
I WILL VOTE FOR HILLARY!
3 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 158

Voting closed: May 07, 2016, 04:02:57 am

Author Topic: (POLL #2) VOTE! IF TRUMP IS THE NOMINEE WILL YOU VOTE FOR HIM?  (Read 71335 times)

Offline wolfcreek

Re: (POLL #2) VOTE! IF TRUMP IS THE NOMINEE WILL YOU VOTE FOR HIM?
« Reply #375 on: June 21, 2016, 12:43:15 pm »
Yes, I was a Jeb voter.

Because as Governor of my State he reduced taxes by $19 billion.

Because as Governor of my State he reduced the size of government by more than 10% via privatization of government jobs.

Because as Governor of my State he defeated the teacher's unions and made Florida the first State to offer parents school choice.

Because as Governor of my State he brought the State's unemployment down to below 4%.

Because as Governor of my State our economy grew by 7.2 percent, on average, while the U.S. grew by 5 percent during the same period.

Because as Governor of my State the state went from having $1.3 billion to $9.8 billion in cash reserves.

Because as Governor of my State Florida became the first state to have "choose life" license plates during Bush's tenure, and the fees helped pregnant women.

Because as Governor of my State he ended the practice of Affirmative Action for State workers, State contractors and college admissions.

Because as Governor of my State he received an A+ rating from the NRA.

Maybe to you, there's only one issue that matters, but's makes you myopic, not right.

He comes from a family of globalist, NWO types who are , IMO, traitors to this country.

Jeb in fact, is no different from Hillary in that regard.

You can now admit that I picked you off.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 12:48:01 pm by wolfcreek »

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #376 on: June 21, 2016, 12:44:35 pm »
Well, sorta. Florida is becoming the liberal bastion of the southeast with all of the New Englanders moving there. Just like Californians migrating to Colorado, New Yorkers (like Trump) are escaping the high taxes and bringing their NY values with them. Now, once strong GOP areas, are heavily liberal democrat areas.

Same thing happening in Texas for years.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #377 on: June 22, 2016, 12:39:15 pm »
He comes from a family of globalist, NWO types who are , IMO, traitors to this country.

Jeb in fact, is no different from Hillary in that regard.

You can now admit that I picked you off.

Again, no response to the substance of the post.

I voted for Jeb for Governor (he was out of the primary race before the Florida primary) because the other guy running for the office was a Democrat.

I guess in that case you would have voted for the Democrat.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #378 on: June 22, 2016, 12:43:26 pm »
Yes, I was a Jeb voter.

Because as Governor of my State he reduced the size of government by more than 10% via privatization of government jobs.

Because as Governor of my State he defeated the teacher's unions and made Florida the first State to offer parents school choice.

Because as Governor of my State he brought the State's unemployment down to below 4%.

Because as Governor of my State our economy grew by 7.2 percent, on average, while the U.S. grew by 5 percent during the same period.

Because as Governor of my State the state went from having $1.3 billion to $9.8 billion in cash reserves.

Because as Governor of my State Florida became the first state to have "choose life" license plates during Bush's tenure, and the fees helped pregnant women.

Because as Governor of my State he ended the practice of Affirmative Action for State workers, State contractors and college admissions.

Maybe to you, there's only one issue that matters, but's makes you myopic, not right.

Jeb had as good a conservative track record as governor as anyone.  Too bad resumes counted for next to nothing this past year.   It was all about scratching itches 'til they bled.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline skeeter

« Reply #379 on: June 22, 2016, 01:12:19 pm »
Jeb had as good a conservative track record as governor as anyone.  Too bad resumes counted for next to nothing this past year.   It was all about scratching itches 'til they bled.

Jeb did himself no good by claiming republicans could win the white house without conservatives. Obviously, thats not the message primary voters wanted.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #380 on: June 22, 2016, 02:22:48 pm »
Yes, I was a Jeb voter.

I liked Jeb. There were a few things I didn't like about him. Think he had some bad answers on immigration. Border security is a big issue for me.

I wasn't a W fan, decent man, horrible leader.

During the debates Trump really looked like he was bullying Jeb, made me feel sorry for him. I'll never understand why GOP primary voters responded to bullying so positively. So disappointing. The entire ordeal sucked.

But if Jeb allowed himself to be bullied, maybe he wasn't the right man for the job, on the other hand.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #381 on: June 22, 2016, 03:50:18 pm »
I liked Jeb. There were a few things I didn't like about him. Think he had some bad answers on immigration. Border security is a big issue for me.

I wasn't a W fan, decent man, horrible leader.

During the debates Trump really looked like he was bullying Jeb, made me feel sorry for him. I'll never understand why GOP primary voters responded to bullying so positively. So disappointing. The entire ordeal sucked.

But if Jeb allowed himself to be bullied, maybe he wasn't the right man for the job, on the other hand.

The entire GOPe allowed themselves to be bullied for the better part of 8 years.Jeb and the rest are grown men  who could take up for themselves. Imagine what Hillary would do to their weaknesses.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #382 on: June 22, 2016, 05:48:29 pm »
The entire GOPe allowed themselves to be bullied for the better part of 8 years.Jeb and the rest are grown men  who could take up for themselves. Imagine what Hillary would do to their weaknesses.

Again, avoiding the substance, avoiding my question and responding with a meme.

Given the choice in your State's race for governonr between a Democrat and a Republican, when that Republican was Jeb Bush, who would you vote for?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #383 on: June 22, 2016, 06:00:09 pm »
Jeb did himself no good by claiming republicans could win the white house without conservatives. Obviously, thats not the message primary voters wanted.

"I’m a conservative, but don’t forget, this is called the ‘Republican Party,’ not the ‘conservative party.'" - Donald Trump

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #384 on: June 22, 2016, 06:05:58 pm »
"I’m a conservative, but don’t forget, this is called the ‘Republican Party,’ not the ‘conservative party.'" - Donald Trump

From the guy who says conservatism means conserve.   LMAO......
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 01:30:18 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #385 on: June 22, 2016, 06:43:21 pm »
Again, avoiding the substance, avoiding my question and responding with a meme.

Given the choice in your State's race for governonr between a Democrat and a Republican, when that Republican was Jeb Bush, who would you vote for?

Was I talking to you, Luis?

You forget his brother was the Governor of Texas. If I knew what I know now about that family, no, I wouldn't have voted for him.

I suspect Jeb is kowtowed into the amnesty by that little Mexican woman he married.

Offline WAC

« Reply #386 on: June 22, 2016, 06:52:44 pm »

Well you can count me voting for Trump now.....it's the card we have to play.....and his speech today was dead on! 

I have given this some serious thought and lots of struggle.....so I will be voting for Trump as a Citizen of this fine country! It's the only one I have...and I will not let Hillary take it owver and destory it the rest of the way from what Obama has.....not going to happen!

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #387 on: June 22, 2016, 06:58:36 pm »

Well you can count me voting for Trump now.....it's the card we have to play.....and his speech today was dead on! 

I have given this some serious thought and lots of struggle.....so I will be voting for Trump as a Citizen of this fine country! It's the only one I have...and I will not let Hillary take it owver and destory it the rest of the way from what Obama has.....not going to happen!

I hope more GOP voters come to that conclusion before the election.

Hillary would be the worst case scenario.

Offline WAC

« Reply #388 on: June 22, 2016, 07:12:23 pm »
I hope more GOP voters come to that conclusion before the election..Hillary would be the worst case scenario.

Oh I think they will too....I've had many discussions with wise men and woman whose opinions I value.....both opposing and for Trump.  But it has taken some time for me to see that even though I certainly don't like the man....I do think he has the "picture" of strength this country needs even if his mouth gets in the way...and it's been a long time since we've had such. It's important now with the way the World Stage is shaping up.....

I also chuckle sort of....if Trump could get me wondering from one minute to the next what he's going to do....it's a good indication he will do likewise with our enemies, and that's a good thing...he will surely keep them on their toes and it will not be business as usual by any means.

How that plays out for this nation remains to be seen...but I do think he's for this country....and Hillary is completely opposed.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #389 on: June 22, 2016, 07:18:55 pm »
Oh I think they will too....I've had many discussions with wise men and woman whose opinions I value.....both opposing and for Trump.  But it has taken some time for me to see that even though I certainly don't like the man....I do think he has the "picture" of strength this country needs even if his mouth gets in the way...and it's been a long time since we've had such. It's important now with the way the World Stage is shaping up.....

I also chuckle sort of....if Trump could get me wondering from one minute to the next what he's going to do....it's a good indication he will do likewise with our enemies, and that's a good thing...he will surely keep them on their toes and it will not be business as usual by any means.

How that plays out for this nation remains to be seen...but I do think he's for this country....and Hillary is completely opposed.

Indeed

Offline musiclady

« Reply #390 on: June 22, 2016, 08:00:48 pm »

For some of us it's far more important than "not liking this man."  We cannot vote for someone who opposes every principle we have.  Obviously, Hillary opposes everything we stand for too, and every #NeverTrump person I know hates Hillary.  We know how bad she is.

That should be an indicator of how horrific a candidate Donald Trump is.

I used to be in the "lesser of two evils' camp, and opposed people who wouldn't vote for the Republican candidate.  But this election is so very different.  We truly do have a choice between two EQUAL evils, and nothing in my conscience, or in the values I have had my entire life will allow me to mark the ballot for Donald Trump.

I believe there are many other conservatives who feel as strongly as I do.  We cannot be pushed or bullied into voting for someone who is so despicable.......and who is most certainly not for the country.  It's all about him.  It's always been all about him and all the hoping in the world won't make that change. 

« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 08:02:24 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #391 on: June 22, 2016, 08:04:43 pm »

Didn't he say that after he virtually locked up the nomination?

Even when he was still referring to himself as a conservative it was clear by the way he'd spit the term out that he is as contemptuous of conservatives as the Bush family.

Offline oldmomster

« Reply #392 on: June 22, 2016, 08:14:09 pm »
Didn't he say that after he virtually locked up the nomination?

Well, we havent had the convention yet, and repubs are making headlines still talking about changing the rules on him. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #393 on: June 22, 2016, 08:20:35 pm »
Well, we havent had the convention yet, and repubs are making headlines still talking about changing the rules on him.

The rules of the convention have always been flexible.  There's nothing "unfair" about what's going on, all the whining notwithstanding.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline WAC

« Reply #394 on: June 22, 2016, 08:22:51 pm »
For some of us it's far more important than "not liking this man."  We cannot vote for someone who opposes every principle we have.  Obviously, Hillary opposes everything we stand for too, and every #NeverTrump person I know hates Hillary.  We know how bad she is. .......................That should be an indicator of how horrific a candidate Donald Trump is.

I used to be in the "lesser of two evils' camp, and opposed people who wouldn't vote for the Republican candidate.  But this election is so very different.  We truly do have a choice between two EQUAL evils, and nothing in my conscience, or in the values I have had my entire life will allow me to mark the ballot for Donald Trump.

I believe there are many other conservatives who feel as strongly as I do.  We cannot be pushed or bullied into voting for someone who is so despicable.......and who is most certainly not for the country.  It's all about him.  It's always been all about him and all the hoping in the world won't make that change.

Well I understand your position... As a Christian myself I use to be there and very strong about it......But I'm NOT basing my support for Trump based on opposing Hillary alone, that's simply the icing on the cake. I'm voting because I took a good long look at why we vote,  first and foremost it's because we are CITIZENS of this country 'while we are here'.

So with that in mind it's because I'm a Citizen I'm automatically free to vote, and that freedom came from men and woman 'dying' so that I could do so. How then can I not vote when it's within the power God gave me to do just that?????

It's not about who or not is the worst evildoer of the two.........they are simply reflective of the state of corruption in this country...and we have them now because of that same corruption in the media and those who have the power to move elections. A power that THEY are responsible to God for. 

We fought the good fight to get the right man in IMO. He lost. Trump won. Of course it wasn't fair and square, but it was our media involved news sources that frame the election and we know how that went. Even so here we are with these two to choose from.

I'm not voting because I'm a Christian...I'm voting because I"m a Citizen....

And this regardless if I like the choice or not. ...and I will let God deal with Trump...because my principles are not based on a Presidential Election...they're based 'IN' the King of Kings of Lords of Lords......he can work this election to whatever purposes he has in mind regarding Trump....he did it with others like Trump throughout the Bible......thinking of Saul turned Paul.

Offline oldmomster

« Reply #395 on: June 22, 2016, 08:27:13 pm »

And this regardless if I like the choice or not. ...and I will let God deal with Trump...because my principles are not based on a Presidential Election...they're based 'IN' the King of Kings of Lords of Lords......he can work this election to whatever purposes he has in mind regarding Trump....he did it with others like Trump throughout the Bible......thinking of Saul turned Paul.

So eloquent.  Clearly you've prayed about this.  Thank you for sharing.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #396 on: June 22, 2016, 08:28:02 pm »
Was I talking to you, Luis?

You forget his brother was the Governor of Texas. If I knew what I know now about that family, no, I wouldn't have voted for him.

I suspect Jeb is kowtowed into the amnesty by that little Mexican woman he married.

So you would have voted for the Democrat.

Thanks, your post has told me everything that I wanted to know.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 08:28:49 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline WAC

« Reply #397 on: June 22, 2016, 08:30:19 pm »
The rules of the convention have always been flexible.  There's nothing "unfair" about what's going on, all the whining notwithstanding.

You have to admit though, it's interesting that they did a similar thing with Ron Paul  when he went for the delegate count and they screamed to high heavens when he did that.... and changed the rules to make sure he didn't win.

They've had to have found some way to jiggle the rules enough to stay within the parameters they are required to.  It's going to be interesting, but everything is so disconnected at this point.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #398 on: June 22, 2016, 08:31:46 pm »
Well I understand your position... As a Christian myself I use to be there and very strong about it......But I'm NOT basing my support for Trump based on opposing Hillary alone, that's simply the icing on the cake. I'm voting because I took a good long look at why we vote,  first and foremost it's because we are CITIZENS of this country 'while we are here'.

So with that in mind it's because I'm a Citizen I'm automatically free to vote, and that freedom came from men and woman 'dying' so that I could do so. How then can I not vote when it's within the power God gave me to do just that?????

It's not about who or not is the worst evildoer of the two.........they are simply reflective of the state of corruption in this country...and we have them now because of that same corruption in the media and those who have the power to move elections. A power that THEY are responsible to God for. 

We fought the good fight to get the right man in IMO. He lost. Trump won. Of course it wasn't fair and square, but it was our media involved news sources that frame the election and we know how that went. Even so here we are with these two to choose from.

I said nothing about not voting.  I am going to vote, and agree with your reasons for voting.

I am just not voting for either corrupt, unChristian candidate that the two major parties have put up.

I've heard the "King David" /"Saul" arguments for Trump, but the basic ingredient missing is that both men were repentant, and Donald Trump is proud of his sinfulness.

As a Christian, I will vote, but my conscience will not allow me to vote for evil.

God's will WILL be done, as it always is, and I have to stand before HIM with every decision I have made in this life.  The one thing I will not do is vote for a man who supports the murderous organization Planned Parenthood, and has claimed he is "completely pro choice."

You cannot bully OR guilt me into doing what my Christian principles will not allow me to do.

You can keep trying, but it won't work.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #399 on: June 22, 2016, 08:55:49 pm »

No, they're talking about working within the rules and not voting for DT.