Poll

Spam?

Yes, please.
0 (0%)
Yes.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: HUGE: Ted Cruz Earns FOUR Critical California Endorsements!  (Read 4333 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
HUGE: Ted Cruz Earns FOUR Critical California Endorsements!
« on: April 23, 2016, 01:08:31 am »
Today the Cruz campaign announced the endorsements of former Chairmen of the California Republican Party John S. Herrington and Tirso del Junco. They join former CRP Chairmen Ron Nehring and Michael Schroeder on the Cruz team

From the campaign statement:

“As a member of President Reagan’s cabinet, I’ve seen first-hand how a great leader can change the course of our nation. Ted Cruz is the proven conservative leader our country needs to lead us to prosperity once again,” said Herrington.

John S. Herrington served as President Reagan’s Assistant Secretary of the Navy from 1981-83, Deputy Assistant for Presidential Personnel from 1983-85, and Secretary of Energy for Reagan’s entire second term. Herrington then served as Chairman of the California Republican Party (CRP) from 1995-97.

“I am 100% behind Ted Cruz for President. As a fellow Cuban American, I believe he will lead the country back to the Reagan revolution,” said Del Junco.

http://www.redstate.com/absentee/2016/04/22/huge-ted-cruz-endorsed-four-former-chairmen-california-gop/

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: HUGE: Ted Cruz Earns FOUR Critical California Endorsements!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 01:18:40 am »
Trump isn't Reagan. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

A-Lert

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 01:21:16 am »

Offline Fantom

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 01:25:44 am »
Nor is Cruz.

Cruz is not as charismatic as Reagan.  But as a limited federal government conservative he blows Reagan away.

Oh, and on the endorsement front...Awesome Blossom!!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 01:26:22 am by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2016, 01:32:12 am »
It's how you do it.   Work the districts, earn trust and loyal advocates who will persuade their friends.

California has 53 Congressional Districts.  I would wager Cruz has operations in all of them, and effective operations in most.

Trump will logroll with Fallon, Kimmel and Colbert.

A-Lert

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2016, 01:33:53 am »
Cruz is not as charismatic as Reagan.  But as a limited federal government conservative he blows Reagan away.

Oh, and on the endorsement front...Awesome Blossom!!

No he certainly is not as charismatic as Reagan, nor is he a "big tent" supporter like Reagan. Paraphrasing Reaganh, 'You can't build support or increase party size through subtraction.'

Offline Fantom

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2016, 01:34:36 am »
It's how you do it.   Work the districts, earn trust and loyal advocates who will persuade their friends.

California has 53 Congressional Districts.  I would wager Cruz has operations in all of them, and effective operations in most.

Trump will logroll with Fallon, Kimmel and Colbert.

I will say, I am quite happy with how Ted uses the money this Simple Bricklayer sends his way.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2016, 01:36:41 am »
No he certainly is not as charismatic as Reagan, nor is he a "big tent" supporter like Reagan. Paraphrasing Reaganh, 'You can't build support or increase party size through subtraction.'

Would seem he has brought in quite a few voters. How else would he be able to beat the Trump Hoards.

Frederick Douglass

A-Lert

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2016, 01:42:32 am »
Would seem he has brought in quite a few voters. How else would he be able to beat the Trump Hoards.

Beat? What's the delegate count? Cruz was schlonged in New York and couldn't even pull 50% in his home state. The writing is on the wall.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2016, 01:49:33 am »
Nor is Cruz.

Thank God for that.  Reagan was the right person at the right time, in the 1980s; he would not be the right person, and this would not be the right time, right now.  We need a person who can work with the times the way they are now, not a person whose time was thirty years ago.

I loved Reagan, he was almost perfect for his time; but today is not his time and he would be woefully out of place.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2016, 01:51:13 am »
Beat? What's the delegate count? Cruz was schlonged in New York and couldn't even pull 50% in his home state. The writing is on the wall.

Gee, NY only had 3 names on the ballot; TX had quite a few more.  Comparing apples to oranges - even annoying oranges in NYC - would be more fruitful.

And TX had millions of voters in the primary; NY could barely muster a few hundred thousand.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2016, 01:57:34 am »
I will say, I am quite happy with how Ted uses the money this Simple Bricklayer sends his way.

Your investment is well directed sir.

I have also sent money his way and I was originally a Walker or Perry guy, then a Rubio guy, now a Cruz guy.   I am impressed by Ted.

I cannot link this one enough (Ted Cruz for 45 minutes on CNBC SqauckBox).   He is informed, he is brilliant -  but it's not Clinton/Obama type "brilliant" - he is talking from his heart, soul and brain.   He's real.

I like him and I think if he survives this hostile GOP takeover by Trump and his corrupt Orcs I think he can beat the limping Gazelle on the Serengeti - Hillary.   

I understand his deficiency ... it's huge ... he's a brilliant lawyer and statesman in our 2016 culture that demands a celebrity. He's stiff, he's preachy and he's really funny but he doesn't have a funny face.   Al Franken has made a political career of being stupid, unfunny but he does it through a funny face.   Nothing funny ever comes from Al Franken, but people imagine that it did or will.

I am really angry at Trump and his provocateur supporters because they've decided that is more important to destroy the GOP for imagined insults and grievances and betrayals than save America from a Clinton Presidency that will destroy the finest experiment in freedom and political/economic brilliance in human history.

That's where we're at.  And, it's why it's hard for me to be "nice" to the Trump shills around here. 

A-Lert

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2016, 02:01:23 am »
Thank God for that.  Reagan was the right person at the right time, in the 1980s; he would not be the right person, and this would not be the right time, right now.  We need a person who can work with the times the way they are now, not a person whose time was thirty years ago.

I loved Reagan, he was almost perfect for his time; but today is not his time and he would be woefully out of place.

We need a person who can work with the times and who better than a businessman who has to keep up with the times and work with all kinds of people; liberals, minorities, women, politicians, lawyers, contractors, financiers, bankers, etc.

A-Lert

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2016, 02:04:31 am »
Gee, NY only had 3 names on the ballot; TX had quite a few more.  Comparing apples to oranges - even annoying oranges in NYC - would be more fruitful.

And TX had millions of voters in the primary; NY could barely muster a few hundred thousand.

If you can't carry your home state with 50% you're in trouble. I don't care how many names are on the ballot. A candidate should win BIG at home.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2016, 02:13:48 am »
If you can't carry your home state with 50% you're in trouble. I don't care how many names are on the ballot. A candidate should win BIG at home.

Hardly.  Since we all know that none of the people who voted for Kasich, Rubio, etc, would ever support Trump during the primaries, to get an apples to apples comparison you simply add the results for the people who have now dropped out to Cruz' results.  Rubio alone got 17.7% in Texas.  Rubio's supporters would never have voted for Trump if Rubio wasn't running, and we know that Kasich is way too liberal for most Texans, so we know that 17.7% would have almost certainly gone to Cruz.  Cruz got 43.8%, so when we add 17.7% to that, we get 61.4%, which means Cruz won Texas.  Carson and Bush together got 5.5%, so that would bring Cruz' results up to 66.9%.  That's better than Trump's 60% in NY under equivalent facts, which means Cruz did better in Texas than Trump did in NY.

A-Lert

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2016, 02:18:29 am »
Hardly.  Since we all know that none of the people who voted for Kasich, Rubio, etc, would ever support Trump during the primaries, to get an apples to apples comparison you simply add the results for the people who have now dropped out to Cruz' results.  Rubio alone got 17.7% in Texas.  Rubio's supporters would never have voted for Trump if Rubio wasn't running, and we know that Kasich is way too liberal for most Texans, so we know that 17.7% would have almost certainly gone to Cruz.  Cruz got 43.8%, so when we add 17.7% to that, we get 61.4%, which means Cruz won Texas.  Carson and Bush together got 5.5%, so that would bring Cruz' results up to 66.9%.  That's better than Trump's 60% in NY under equivalent facts, which means Cruz did better in Texas than Trump did in NY.

No you don't "all" know. That's exactly why Trump is winning and gaining momentum. He's going to have the nomination wrapped up prior to the convention. Even Gov. Walker states he will support Trump if he's nominated. It's nearly over.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2016, 02:27:30 am »

You are so ridiculous.  To the point of annoying.

Donald Trump received 19.5% of all the Primary votes cast in New York Tuesday.   That's the fact.   All THREE of the GOP candidates garnered only 32%.

Congratulation CHAMP!  You did GREAT!

In Texas, Ted Cruz won 43% of a GOP VOTE that won 67% of ALL THE VOTES with 14 candidates.

I generally don't expect Trump supporters to have the intellectual prowess to understand that distinction. 

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2016, 04:16:59 am »

Then why is it Trump's poll numbers have increased when the Rubios and Jebs dropped out?  Where did those supporters come from?

Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2016, 04:19:11 am »

Donald Trump received 19.5% of all the Primary votes cast in New York Tuesday.   That's the fact.   All THREE of the GOP candidates garnered only 32%.

In Texas, Ted Cruz won 43% of a GOP VOTE that won 67% of ALL THE VOTES with 14 candidates.

I generally don't expect Trump supporters to have the intellectual prowess to understand that distinction.

Trump got 27% of the GOP votes in Texas.  Cruz got clobbered in New York.

Cruz is a certain path to loserdom now that the GOPe has their arms cradling him. 
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2016, 04:21:17 am »
Then why is it Trump's poll numbers have increased when the Rubios and Jebs dropped out?  Where did those supporters come from?

Poll numbers don't mean jack. Why has Trump's portion of the actual vote stayed between 35-38% during the entire primary season?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

A-Lert

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2016, 04:28:05 am »

Totally irrelevant. Trump wasn't running against all other candidates. He schlonged Cruz and Kasich, his GOP opponents.  I don't expect Cruzers to discern the difference as most have their heads buried.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2016, 04:29:20 am »

The "Trump supporters are too stupid," has been used on this site already. Some simply left. One was a PhD, but kept it to himself.

He was simply tired of the childish insults. But alas, you now have a whole shiteload of new Cruz refugees, and in a few weeks they can all insult each other, before, during and after Trump wins the nomination.

Finally I refer you to Real Clear Politics and their compilation of the most recent polls for California.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

A-Lert

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2016, 04:30:19 am »
Poll numbers don't mean jack. Why has Trump's portion of the actual vote stayed between 35-38% during the entire primary season?

Did you read what you posted?  :laughingdog:

A-Lert

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2016, 04:31:56 am »
The "Trump supporters are too stupid," has been used on this site already. Some simply left. One was a PhD, but kept it to himself.

He was simply tired of the childish insults. But alas, you now have a whole shiteload of new Cruz refugees, and in a few weeks they can all insult each other, before, during and after Trump wins the nomination.

Finally I refer you to Real Clear Politics and their compilation of the most recent polls for California.

I've noticed what a civil lot those anti-Trumps are.

A-Lert

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2016, 04:34:17 am »
I did. Did you understand what I wrote, [personal insult deleted]

Talking to yourself again. I love the civility of the anti-Trumps.  88finger point
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 02:46:18 am by Mod1 »