Author Topic: Why Did Rush Limbaugh Stop Telling Us What He Thinks?  (Read 26667 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Why Did Rush Limbaugh Stop Telling Us What He Thinks?
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2016, 10:54:01 am »
I'm not telling myself. I'm listening.

Savage cited the new Rasmussen poll of likely voters showing Trump with a 41-39 lead over Clinton nationally.

“And this is only an early poll,” Savage noted on his show Monday. “I said a long time ago that when it comes down to Trump vs. Clinton, he would win by a landslide, 60-40, 59-41, something like that.

Michael Savage?  Friend and supporter of Jerry "Moonbeam' Brown?

man you just keep discrediting yourself left and right.

You should stop before you REALLY embarrass yourself.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

A-Lert

« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2016, 11:00:24 am »
Michael Savage?  Friend and supporter of Jerry "Moonbeam' Brown?

man you just keep discrediting yourself left and right.

You should stop before you REALLY embarrass yourself.

I'm not the least bit embarrassed. Poll results don't discredit me in the least. Take them or leave them. I don't care. I don't make them up. Get back to me after the Indiana GOP primary results are posted.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2016, 12:26:25 pm »
I'm not telling myself. I'm listening.

Savage cited the new Rasmussen poll of likely voters showing Trump with a 41-39 lead over Clinton nationally.

“And this is only an early poll,” Savage noted on his show Monday. “I said a long time ago that when it comes down to Trump vs. Clinton, he would win by a landslide, 60-40, 59-41, something like that.

Keep in mind the Clintons haven't begun to pull out the inevitable dirt they have on Donald. There are bound to be a couple of deal-breakers in there.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2016, 04:35:33 pm »
Keep in mind the Clintons haven't begun to pull out the inevitable dirt they have on Donald. There are bound to be a couple of deal-breakers in there.

That would likely be tit for tat....I'm sure Trump hs plenty on Bill and Hill.

If it were really juicy, why isn't Cruz bringing it up?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2016, 04:50:12 pm »
Rush has a blind spot for Trump that's for sure.  I'm pretty sure I know why he does and it has nothing to do with being golfing buddies membership at Mar-A-Largo or any of that silliness.

I listen to the Rush podcast on my drive home on the Autobahn every day and I kept trying to figure out how the hell Rush could fall for Turmp's BS....and then Rush said the one thing that made it all crystal clear to me.

Back in (I think) the middle of Feb. Rush made this comment about Trump "The media didn't make him and the media can't break him".

Rush then went on to explain how according to the GOPe "rules" a candidate must be this and a candidate must do that and say these things in order to get elected and that Trump was not playing by those rules.

If you take out "Trump" and "establishment" from that monologue and replace them with "Rush" and "media elites"...then Rush just described his climb to radio glory doing everything the so called keepers of smart in broadcasting said you shouldn't do and couldn't do in order to be successful in the business.

Right or wrong Rush sees Trump as a kindred spirit in giving the finger to the establishment and doing it "his way" in becoming successful. And it causes Limbaugh to have a massive blind spot for what Trump is really doing. 

It's the only logical reason I've been able to come up with as to why Rush defends and explains away things that he shredded JEB Bush on (winning the nomination without the base) and explaining away Trumps horrid comment about punishing the mothers who have an abortion after his brilliant takes on the butchery and debauchery of PP selling body parts of unborn babies to the highest bidder.  And it all comes back to IMHO my explanation above.

We Conservatives DO have long memories on stuff like this.  I remember very clearly Rush stating on the air after McCain lost that he was no long going to "carry the water" for the GOP.  That was the topic of almost his whole first hour that day.  HE is the one that popularized the term "Establishment GOP" and defined it as a bad thing.

Yet here he is now "carying the water" for the GOP Establishment candidate.  McConnell must be having a good laugh over that bit of irony.

Rush isn't the only one who will take a hit in the ratings over their shilling for Donny either.  Hannity will....we've already seen that Fox New has as well.

I hadn't thought about that, but it makes perfect sense.  Rush has a chip on his shoulder about his "outsider" role in getting to where he is:  didn't go to college,  got fired from a couple of jobs his personal history reeks of giving the finger to "the man."  And he's still doing it and he admires Trump for doing it.   He simply won't brook any criticism of Trump except on peripheral issues.

I'm done with Rush and with Hannity and, truthfully, O'Reilly.  Anderson Cooper is a much better interviewer and doesn't wear his political views on his sleeve.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2016, 06:54:28 pm »
That would likely be tit for tat....I'm sure Trump hs plenty on Bill and Hill.

If it were really juicy, why isn't Cruz bringing it up?
This may sound cynical, but I think things have reached the point that anything Cruz does pull out is buried under dreck like the "Cruz' father knew Lee Harvey Oswald" thing brought out just in time for the 'Kennedy worship' region primaries (New York, New England), emotionally (logic need not apply) tying Cruz to the assassination of the region's favorite son, ever.

I don't know how many votes that swayed, and the effect cannot be measured, but I'd wager it had an effect. Hillary and Bill will burn down the house if Trump turns on them, and the media will put out the fire on her end, as they have done for decades now. He has nothing to lose, really, he'll still be a billionaire, and have global recognition, too. She'll be the poor attacked woman getting beat up on by that mean man...and the Clinton syncophant/communist/liberal/woman's vote will get her over the top.

If substance held sway over twitter feeds, Cruz would have had 1237 a long time ago.
At least a politician has skin in the game. Their career is on the line.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 06:58:07 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2016, 07:17:10 pm »
Rush has a blind spot for Trump that's for sure.  I'm pretty sure I know why he does and it has nothing to do with being golfing buddies membership at Mar-A-Largo or any of that silliness.

I listen to the Rush podcast on my drive home on the Autobahn every day and I kept trying to figure out how the hell Rush could fall for Turmp's BS....and then Rush said the one thing that made it all crystal clear to me.

Back in (I think) the middle of Feb. Rush made this comment about Trump "The media didn't make him and the media can't break him".

Rush then went on to explain how according to the GOPe "rules" a candidate must be this and a candidate must do that and say these things in order to get elected and that Trump was not playing by those rules.

If you take out "Trump" and "establishment" from that monologue and replace them with "Rush" and "media elites"...then Rush just described his climb to radio glory doing everything the so called keepers of smart in broadcasting said you shouldn't do and couldn't do in order to be successful in the business.

Right or wrong Rush sees Trump as a kindred spirit in giving the finger to the establishment and doing it "his way" in becoming successful. And it causes Limbaugh to have a massive blind spot for what Trump is really doing. 

It's the only logical reason I've been able to come up with as to why Rush defends and explains away things that he shredded JEB Bush on (winning the nomination without the base) and explaining away Trumps horrid comment about punishing the mothers who have an abortion after his brilliant takes on the butchery and debauchery of PP selling body parts of unborn babies to the highest bidder.  And it all comes back to IMHO my explanation above.

We Conservatives DO have long memories on stuff like this.  I remember very clearly Rush stating on the air after McCain lost that he was no long going to "carry the water" for the GOP.  That was the topic of almost his whole first hour that day.  HE is the one that popularized the term "Establishment GOP" and defined it as a bad thing.

Yet here he is now "carying the water" for the GOP Establishment candidate.  McConnell must be having a good laugh over that bit of irony.

Rush isn't the only one who will take a hit in the ratings over their shilling for Donny either.  Hannity will....we've already seen that Fox New has as well.

goopo

Hope you stick around and post more.  I enjoy reading your point of view.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2016, 07:51:34 pm »
This may sound cynical, but I think things have reached the point that anything Cruz does pull out is buried under dreck like the "Cruz' father knew Lee Harvey Oswald" thing brought out just in time for the 'Kennedy worship' region primaries (New York, New England), emotionally (logic need not apply) tying Cruz to the assassination of the region's favorite son, ever.

I don't know how many votes that swayed, and the effect cannot be measured, but I'd wager it had an effect. Hillary and Bill will burn down the house if Trump turns on them, and the media will put out the fire on her end, as they have done for decades now. He has nothing to lose, really, he'll still be a billionaire, and have global recognition, too. She'll be the poor attacked woman getting beat up on by that mean man...and the Clinton syncophant/communist/liberal/woman's vote will get her over the top.

If substance held sway over twitter feeds, Cruz would have had 1237 a long time ago.
At least a politician has skin in the game. Their career is on the line.

If there was anything major on Trump, it would have been blasted all over the air by the media or one of his opponents. I doubt Trump himself would want the embarrassment should there be.

A-Lert

« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2016, 07:57:43 pm »
If there was anything major on Trump, it would have been blasted all over the air by the media or one of his opponents. I doubt Trump himself would want the embarrassment should there be.

Trump's life has pretty much been an open book. He's been under the media microscope for nearly half a century. I would be surprised if anything shocking has been hidden or held back. In 6 months it's going to be President elect, Donald Trump.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2016, 08:11:51 pm »
  Anderson Cooper is a much better interviewer and doesn't wear his political views on his sleeve.

I agree, Sink.  I have been watching CNN the last 4-5 months. Anderson lets both sides have it. He went after pro gay groups one night.
He is probably the most unbiased news reporter  I have seen from all 3 networks (MSNBC, CNN and Fox)

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2016, 08:16:00 pm »
I guess that is the advantage of three marriages, (trading up) which would sink other candidates (like Newt). Or shaky business deals while invoking the Kelo ruling (like trying to hire the lady's attorney away while she was fighting to keep her house, to represent landowners in another eminent domain case where a competitor was seeking properties which would have given that competitor an edge--an act which could have placed the attorney in conflict of interest had he gone for it.--some things by some people are  not considered news. But if Ted Cruz' uncle's cousin's brother's dog pooped on the neighbor's lawn, that was taken to be proof positive that Cruz wanted to dump crap on everyone's golf-green like yards.

I guess how it is spun, but even more the emphasis placed on individual incidents which makes the difference between a 'big deal' and a 'nothingburger'.

We have seen this done with Bill Clinton who (on our dime, in a federal facility) had sex with an intern (in his chain of command), admittedly, and with physical evidence. Any CEO would have been fired for that, but the media dismissed it.

Had that been just 18 missing minutes of tape in the Nixon White House, someone would have been sent packing. (The charges, incidentally, were Perjury and Obstruction of Justice--in both instances).

Even with impeachment and evidence in the former case, the media successfully downplayed the event and he walked. In the latter, the issue was 24/7 (as much as there was 24) in the news cycle until he resigned.

It is the media who control what will be a story and what won't. In so doing they take the public eye off of --OH! SHINY! LOOK!

C S Lewis

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2016, 08:20:21 pm »
It is the media who control what will be a story and what won't. In so doing they take the public eye off of --OH! SHINY! LOOK!

The shame belongs to those who allow themselves to be led about by propagandists and the media.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2016, 08:29:02 pm »

Quite the contrary.  The MSM is keeping its powder dry.  They are letting Trump hang himself and not using what they already have on him...which is quite a bit.

Hillary's already got a $20 million ad buy ready for a June to blast Donny should he get the nod.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 08:05:48 am by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2016, 03:56:51 am »
The shame belongs to those who allow themselves to be led about by propagandists and the media.
True, that, but they will find someone else to blame.

C S Lewis

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2016, 12:20:39 pm »
I guess that is the advantage of three marriages, (trading up) which would sink other candidates (like Newt). Or shaky business deals while invoking the Kelo ruling (like trying to hire the lady's attorney away while she was fighting to keep her house, to represent landowners in another eminent domain case where a competitor was seeking properties which would have given that competitor an edge--an act which could have placed the attorney in conflict of interest had he gone for it.--some things by some people are  not considered news. But if Ted Cruz' uncle's cousin's brother's dog pooped on the neighbor's lawn, that was taken to be proof positive that Cruz wanted to dump crap on everyone's golf-green like yards.

I guess how it is spun, but even more the emphasis placed on individual incidents which makes the difference between a 'big deal' and a 'nothingburger'.

We have seen this done with Bill Clinton who (on our dime, in a federal facility) had sex with an intern (in his chain of command), admittedly, and with physical evidence. Any CEO would have been fired for that, but the media dismissed it.

Had that been just 18 missing minutes of tape in the Nixon White House, someone would have been sent packing. (The charges, incidentally, were Perjury and Obstruction of Justice--in both instances).

Even with impeachment and evidence in the former case, the media successfully downplayed the event and he walked. In the latter, the issue was 24/7 (as much as there was 24) in the news cycle until he resigned.

The media has a lot to do with it. Someone said that Trump knows how to control the media narrative and Cruz had no clue. That what it came down to in this instance.

Add that to the fact that the majority of voters want a political outsider and bingo... we have one

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2016, 12:22:08 pm »
Quite the contrary.  The MSM is keeping its powder dry.  They are letting Trump hang himself and not using what they already have on him...which is quite a bit.

Hillary's already got a $20 million ad buy ready for a June to blast Donny should he get the nod.

He got the nod.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2016, 01:25:59 pm »
He got the nod.

And the first shot has been fired across the bow.  Expect the BLM crowd to amplify this one.

Elizabeth Warren: Donald Trump 'built his campaign on racism'

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/05/04/politics/elizabeth-warren-twitter-donald-trump/index.html

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #92 on: May 04, 2016, 03:42:28 pm »
And the first shot has been fired across the bow.  Expect the BLM crowd to amplify this one.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/05/04/politics/elizabeth-warren-twitter-donald-trump/index.html

Not a one of them can explain how he's racist.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #93 on: May 04, 2016, 07:16:53 pm »

Using the same logic and hyperbole that associated Cruz' dad with the JFK assassination, and put the "Lyin'" in front of Ted, if one considers that Trump hasn't called for nuking his Stormfront support, it's a lock that Trump is ready to load the evil hordes into 40 and 8s to ship them off to camp.

C S Lewis

A-Lert

« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2016, 07:34:10 pm »

A few organizations supporting Trump.

Latino National Republican Coalition of Rockland County (NY)[182]

National Black Republican Association[183]

National Border Patrol Council, largest border patrol union in U.S. (first presidential endorsement in history)[184

National Diversity Coalition For Trump[185]

New England Police Benevolent Association[186]

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2016, 08:03:24 pm »
A few organizations supporting Trump.

Latino National Republican Coalition of Rockland County (NY)[182]

National Black Republican Association[183]

National Border Patrol Council, largest border patrol union in U.S. (first presidential endorsement in history)[184

National Diversity Coalition For Trump[185]

New England Police Benevolent Association[186]

Then there's this;

https://youtu.be/lxaKUo5naoY

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2016, 07:14:38 am »

They never have and because they are Liberal they don't need to.  Remember to Liberals the accusation is more important than any factual proof.

The threat of being called racist has cowed the GOP for decades.

A-Lert

« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2016, 07:38:53 am »
They never have and because they are Liberal they don't need to.  Remember to Liberals the accusation is more important than any factual proof.

The threat of being called racist has cowed the GOP for decades.

There will be no cowing of Trump. The GOP has an energetic fighter candidate for a change. Hillary better be wearing asbestos underwear or she's going to end up with a burnt carcass.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2016, 07:47:06 am »
There will be no cowing of Trump. The GOP has an energetic fighter candidate for a change. Hillary better be wearing asbestos underwear or she's going to end up with a burnt carcass.

Uh-huh

In reversal, Trump expresses openness to raising minimum wage

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/278778-trump-expresses-openness-to-raising-minimum-wage

McConnell pledges to support Trump

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/278792-mcconnell-will-support-trump

A-Lert

« Reply #99 on: May 05, 2016, 09:12:08 am »
Uh-huh

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/278778-trump-expresses-openness-to-raising-minimum-wage

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/278792-mcconnell-will-support-trump

Openness? Meaning what? Possibly consider? Scarey stuff, eh?

Trump schlonged the competition. What's McConnell going to do, reject a clear winner?