Author Topic: John Kasich wishes more Republicans liked Democrats’ ideas  (Read 7026 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Kasich wishes more Republicans liked Democrats’ ideas
« on: April 22, 2016, 03:09:28 pm »
http://hotair.com/archives/2016/04/22/john-kasich-wishes-more-republicans-liked-democrats-ideas/

John Kasich wishes more Republicans liked Democrats’ ideas
posted at 8:41 am on April 22, 2016 by Jason Hart

Now you’ve done it, Republicans. You’ve disappointed John Kasich.

In a Wednesday interview with The Washington Post, Kasich — continuing his sad presidential campaign’s efforts to equate Ted Cruz with Donald Trump — whined about being one of few Republicans who cares about ideas.

“See, I am a fundamental believer in ideas,” Kasich said. “If you don’t have ideas, you got nothing. And frankly, my Republican Party doesn’t like ideas. They want to be negative against things.”

Every word of this is trademark John Weaver, the sometime Democrat consultant running Kasich’s campaign. Within a few hours, lefty opinion columnists were using Kasich’s words against other Republicans.

Smearing conservatives as Trumpian cranks is hardly a fresh idea; ask the scolds at No Labels or Republican Main Street Partnership. But Weaver seems to think it’s enough to keep the retainer checks coming for a few more months.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: John Kasich wishes more Republicans liked Democrats’ ideas
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 03:14:32 pm »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2016/04/20/john-kasich-the-gop-doesnt-like-ideas/

Kasich does not argue that the party has become too conservative. Kasich is himself quite right-wing. He instead argues that Republicans are often simply unreasonable. “I think we’ve over-dramatized our situation,” he said, countering the apocalyptic campaign narratives of Donald Trump and Ted Cruz, who spin tales about dark forces ruining the country. “We’ve had worse times in this country, far worse times in this country. We’ll be fine.” In another election, Kasich’s pitch might have proved more effective. This year, reasonableness is even less popular than usual among GOP voters.

The results, Kasich warns, will be disastrous for the party. If Republicans nominate a candidate who panders to certain voters’ fears and suspicions, Kasich said, “I think we’ll probably get wiped out, probably lose the United States Senate, the courthouse, the statehouse.” Republicans cannot win crucial swing-state Ohio with a negative message, he explained. “After that, there will be this soul-searching,” he said, but he could not predict what sort of party would emerge from “the ashes.”

Kasich, of course, has self-serving reasons to make these arguments. He is losing to two men who represent various shades of ruinous reaction. But Kasich’s grim view from the trenches is nevertheless a reminder that the country lacks a responsible conservative party, one more like the Conservatives in Britain, interested in governing a pluralistic democracy rather than seeking temporary political advantage by tearing down the institutions and norms that make such governing possible.

Kasich seems unlikely to save the party from the disaster he forecasts. Assuming his predictions of electoral doom prove right, will the GOP reshape itself into a more constructive force after November? It seems too much to hope. But my guess is as good as Kasich’s.

This is not, of course, commentary from a fellow conservative.   But I think it accurately predicts what may be coming for the GOP, if it casts its lot with the likes of Donald Trump.   
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 03:18:28 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 03:48:17 pm »
John Kasich is a Democrat in everything but name!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Leto

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 03:51:52 pm »
Kasich is angling to be Trump's vp.
"If the devil can keep you from asking the right question he never has to worry about the answer"

THe Screwtape Letters

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 04:46:24 pm »
John Kasich is a Democrat in everything but name!

Kasich is a pragmatic conservative,  in the Jack Kemp mold, who can beat Hillary Clinton. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 04:46:50 pm »

He's denied any interest in the position.   

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 05:09:46 pm »
I chuckled at the article's title.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2016, 05:17:54 pm »
BOMBSHELL: John Kasich Has A Sex Scandal About To EXPLODE!?!

It is unclear why Ohio Governor John Kasich remains in this race. A self-described moderate who supports Obamacare and Common Core, Kasich has tried to be the liberal media’s favorite candidate for President.

He’s stumbled along the way, and right now he’s under intense pressure by the Republican establishment to drop out. His victory in Ohio against conservative businessman Donald Trump changed the delegate math, and he’s also taken just enough delegates away from Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) to be a problem for him, too.

And while Kasich has been married twice and has children, old rumors are being explored about his past. It appears almost all of Kasich’s inner circle seems to be homosexual moderate Republicans. That’s hardly a scandal, but what exactly are Kasich’s relationships with them?

Apparently, Kasich has a weekly dinner meeting with friends who happen to be gay, and lived with a gay man for years while serving in Congress. Is this all usual behavior for a married, straight male?

Here is the unverified email which has been circulating on political message boards. This is going viral just as the Republican presidnetial primary becomes the most controversial, just before the RNC convention in Cleveland, Ohio.

From: German Village Gadfly <germanvillagegadfly@gmail.com>
    Subject: John Kasich and Gay Hypocrisy
    To: germanvillagegadfly@gmail.com

To Whom It May Concern:

Someone should be looking into the likely Republican nominee for governor. John Kasich is another one of the those “pro-family” Republicans who is gay. He’s voted against gay marriage and gay adoption but is well known to be a homosexual and to surround himself with equally hypocritical gays.

This has been an open secret for almost 18 years. Kasich is married with young twins, but he only recently was married.

http://www.newshounds.us/2007/08/30/john_kasich_avoids_pointing_out_craigs_hypocrisy.php

– While in Congress Kasich lived with his chief of staff, Don Thibaut (gay), in Washington DC for 14 years. This has been published extensively and a member of Congress even called for an investigation into it.

– While in Congress, Kasich used to fly home on Thursdays for dinner at an italian restaurant in Columbus called Rapollo’s. He dined every Thursday with the same two young men. A current Democratic state senator from Southeast Ohio used to wait on him regularly. Today, Kasich denies ever setting foot in Rapollo’s or even hearing of it.

– Don Thibaut now lives in German Village in Columbus. Kasich is a frequent after hours visitor there.

– Kasich’s campaign is being run by gay men. His team consists of Doug Preisse (openly gay). Preisse came out two years ago in a Columbus Dispatch article. He is also chairman of the Franklin County Republican Party. He is a protégé of Alex Arshinkoff, a notorious gay from Akron who chairs the Summit County Republican Party.

http://oshaughnessy.typepad.com/256/linked_files/Preisse_text.txt

Arshinkoff is also on the Kaisch campaign team. He has been pulled over by police after picking up a young man at 2:30am in Akron and soliciting him for sex. There is a police report and it’s been published in several papers. He’s also regularly spotted in gay bars in Cleveland. It is well known around Columbus that Arshinkoff made a
    sexual advance toward one of his local state senators while driving him in his corvette including groping his leg.

These issues are further complicated because not only did Governor Kasich oppose the Gay Marriage Amendment to Ohio’s state constitution approved by voters in 2004, but he now opposes any efforts to push back against the Supreme Court’s historic pro-gay marriage ruling. In fact, he has even attended gay weddings:

“The court has ruled, and I said we’ll accept it,” Kasich said last week in Cleveland during the GOP’s first presidential debate, in response to a question about how he would explain his position on same-sex marriage to one of his daughters if she were gay.

“And guess what, I just went to a wedding of a friend of mine who happens to be gay,” Kasich continued, drawing applause from a home-court audience at The Q.

“Because somebody doesn’t think the way I do doesn’t mean that I can’t care about them or can’t love them. So if one of my daughters happened to be that, of course I would love them and I would accept them,” he added, the applause growing louder. “Because you know what? That’s what we’re taught when we have strong faith.”

Via The (Cleveland) Plain Dealer

Personal lives should remain personal. But when people run for President, uncomfortable details about their personal life can leave the leader of the free world open to blackmail and other threats. That’s why these questions must be asked and answered.

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/john-kasich-sex-scandal-explode/

Offline Fantom

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2016, 06:28:53 pm »
Kasich is a pragmatic conservative,  in the Jack Kemp mold, who can beat Hillary Clinton.

Kasich is no Jack Kemp.  And no conservative , pragmatic or no.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2016, 06:29:47 pm »

Makes sense to me, two democrats on the same ticket.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2016, 06:47:31 pm »
BOMBSHELL: John Kasich Has A Sex Scandal About To EXPLODE!?![

Trolling crap like this is scumbag behavior.   

« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 06:47:50 pm by Jazzhead »

Wingnut

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2016, 07:11:16 pm »
Trolling crap like this is scumbag behavior.

It is a trumpbot.  What can you do?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2016, 07:15:12 pm »

Kasich is NOT a conservative by any means or by any definition.  Kasich is a LIBERAL.  Who cares if the polls show he can beat Hillary; he will not reach 1237 it is IMPOSSIBLE and he will NOT be considered at convention as he does NOT have the majority in 8 states.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2016, 07:22:52 pm »
Yes, Kasich is a pragmatic conservative.    HERE is an article, from a mainstream source, that touches on some of his positions.

He has the advantage (and disadvantage) of a long record. I had a chance to see him in action as I worked for him for 17 years on budget and armed services issues—although I’ve had no connection to him in over a decade, or to his campaign, and am now a political independent.

In the 1980s, at the dawn of his congressional career, many members of his own party considered Kasich a conservative bomb thrower—he would offer his own budget, something back-benchers weren’t supposed to do in those days. He has not changed ideologically or temperamentally—his 2011 effort to roll back labor protection for state employees was too extreme and Ohio voters overwhelmingly defeated it—but while Kasich has remained a staunch conservative, much of his party has lurched so far right it has entered Bizarro World.

Kasich is a REAGAN conservative - admittedly a rare breed these days -  rather than TEA party.   
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 07:25:13 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2016, 07:23:35 pm »

The only reason his polls are half decent against Hitlary is because no one knows who he is and no one cares. As soon as this Leftist hack is introduced to the GOP base his poll numbers would dive into the toilet.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2016, 07:31:42 pm »
Yes, Kasich is a pragmatic conservative.    HERE is an article, from a mainstream source, that touches on some of his positions.

Kasich is a REAGAN conservative - admittedly a rare breed these days -  rather than TEA party.

Kasich is a nothing conservative because he isn't a conservative. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline flowers

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2016, 07:35:35 pm »
Hey did you know Kasich father was a mailman?   Nothing conservative about Kasich. NOTHING.

geronl

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2016, 07:47:36 pm »
Kasich is a complete moron.

Him and Trump need to switch parties.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2016, 07:52:35 pm »
Kasich is a complete moron.

So was Reagan a complete moron, too?   Geez, it is damn difficult these days to find friends in the GOP if you're not TEA party or a Trumpster.   Us old school Kemp/Reaganites are being treated like pariahs in our own party.   What's the effing use anymore?  Is it truly extremism or nothing?       

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2016, 07:52:55 pm »
Kasich is NOT a conservative by any means or by any definition.  Kasich is a LIBERAL.  Who cares if the polls show he can beat Hillary; he will not reach 1237 it is IMPOSSIBLE and he will NOT be considered at convention as he does NOT have the majority in 8 states.
I believe, years ago, Kasich may have been a conservative. Somehow, right after he got elected governor of Ohio in 2010, that all changed—and I'm not sure why.

There's a difference between being a moderate and a liberal. Kasich is going full Jon Huntsman right now.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

geronl

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2016, 07:53:55 pm »
So was Reagan a complete moron, too?   Geez, it is damn difficult these days to find friends in the GOP if you're not TEA party or a Trumpster.   Us old school Kemp/Reaganites are being treated like pariahs in our own party.   What's the effing use anymore?  Is it truly extremism or nothing?     

Reagan had been a real conservative for decades before he became President. Kasich is a liberal who admits he would fit between Hillary and Bernie on the political scale.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2016, 07:55:06 pm »
Kasich is a nothing conservative because he isn't a conservative.

He's a REAGAN conservative.   I guess that just doesn't count for shit anymore.   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2016, 07:59:20 pm »
Reagan had been a real conservative for decades before he became President. Kasich is a liberal who admits he would fit between Hillary and Bernie on the political scale.

Bullcrap.  He was a conservative before you were born.  He came to Congress in the original Reagan wave.  I am sick and tired of modern day conservatives who are ignorant of the roots of their movement.   

Cruz likely can't win this election.  Trump certainly can't win this election.  A pragmatic, Reagan-style conservative can.  Take your extremism and enjoy the next four years.   This party has a death wish.   

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2016, 08:11:36 pm »
Bullcrap.  He was a conservative before you were born.  He came to Congress in the original Reagan wave.  I am sick and tired of modern day conservatives who are ignorant of the roots of their movement.

No he didn't. He wasn't elected to congress until '82, not 1980. 

Cruz likely can't win this election.  Trump certainly can't win this election.  A pragmatic, Reagan-style conservative can.  Take your extremism and enjoy the next four years.   This party has a death wish.

Nothing K-suck says has any foundation in Reagan. He supported Obamacare by expanding in his state. That alone makes your sad argument that Johnny Boy is some sort of Conservative a total canard. Besides that his damn campaign manager is a Rat POS.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2016, 08:11:56 pm »
He's a REAGAN conservative.   I guess that just doesn't count for shit anymore.

You say he's a Reagan conservative; the majority of us don't see him as any kind of conservative at all.  I've asked you this before Jazz.  It is impossible for your candidate to get to 1237 and highly unlikely that he will get the majority in 8 states as need to be considered at convention.  So, why is your candidate still in?  I'm wondering how much Trump has paid him.  I will almost guarantee you, if Trump offers Kasich the VP slot he'd jump at it in a heartbeat.  Don't kid yourself.  Out of curiosity, if Trump selects Kasich as his VP would you then vote for Trump?