Author Topic: Trump: I Want to Bring Rubio Into Campaign  (Read 405 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: I Want to Bring Rubio Into Campaign
« on: April 22, 2016, 01:05:21 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=725211

Newsmax
Trump: I Want to Bring Rubio Into Campaign
Thursday, April 21, 2016 10:59 PM

By: Greg Richter

GOP front-runner Donald Trump says he'd like to bring Florida Sen. Marco Rubio into his campaign as part of his effort to unify the party.

Trump already has the support of two of his vanquished foes: New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson.

"Frankly, Marco I'd love to have involved," Trump said Thursday on Fox News Channel's "Hannity."

"This party has to unite," Trump said. "Then you're going to have the House and Senate."
Rubio dropped out of the race after losing his home state of Florida, but has yet to endorse anyone.

Trump also responded to criticism over comments he made earlier Thursday about North Carolina's law limiting transgendered people to using restrooms of the gender on their birth certificates. Commenting on backlash from businesses, other state governments and musicians to the law, Trump said people should be allowed to use the restroom of their choice.

"It's a small number, but we have to take care of everybody," he told Fox's Sean Hannity.
Since the law is causing the state to lose business and causing a negative reaction, the state should consider putting the issue on the back burner, Trump suggested.

"We have so many big issues to be thinking about," he said. "We have ISIS to worry about. We have bringing trade back. We have rebuilding our military. But I think this, I think that local communities and states should make the decision and I feel very strongly about that. The federal government should not be involved."

Trump also said he plans to announce a slate of 12 jurists he would want for the Supreme Court "very soon." He has been criticized by some on the right for not being a real conservative, and speculation about what kind of justices he would nominate have been an issue.

"I want people to understand that I want the values in terms of the Republican Party and the conservatives I want judges that you will be happy with," Trump said. "I'm going to actually name 10 or 12 judges up front and that will be a pool of which I will take I will take from that."

When Hannity noted Trump has said he would like justices in the tradition of Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas, the real estate billionaire responded, "Two wonderful names."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump: I Want to Bring Rubio Into Campaign
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 01:12:11 pm »
Hannity is so transparent about his support for Trump now.   

I actually agree with Trump about the NC law.  It was stupidly passed and those who passed it are stupidly watching business walk away from the state.  This should be resolved by local communities, not by state government.

Rubio should tell Trump to pound sand.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 01:13:32 pm »
Rubio has made comment on Cruz being the only conservative left.  Rubio has also stated that after his term is up in the Senate he is leaving politics.  I think that door has closed for him; he stooped to Trump's level in order to try to get ahead and he sold his soul to the devil with his amnesty stance.  He very well may support Trump if he becomes the nominee...but I don't see it going any further than that. I don't see him hitting the campaign trail for him; he may state that he endorses Trump if he becomes the nominee, but that's about it.

http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2016/04/21/marco-rubio-prepared-support-trump-nomination/
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 01:15:48 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 01:16:26 pm »
Trump isn't aware enough to know when he has burned his bridges.

Offline Reaganite Republican

• Reaganite Republican
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 04:14:21 pm »
Trump would bring a dog into his campaign if it had 164 delegates to offer