Author Topic: NOT GOOD: Trump just said he ABSOLUTELY wants to change Republican platform on ABORTION  (Read 703 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://therightscoop.com/not-good-donald-trump-just-said-he-absolutely-wants-to-change-republican-platform-on-abortion/

NOT GOOD: Trump just said he ABSOLUTELY wants to change Republican platform on ABORTION
Posted by The Right Scoop on Apr 21, 2016 at 11:23 AM in Politics | 331 Comments
By The Right Scoop

Donald Trump is really taking a more liberal approach to things this morning in his town hall with NBC. He was asked about a provision of the Republican platform on abortion which states the right of the unborn child shall not be infringed. Trump was asked specifically if he wanted to change this platform to make exceptions for rape, incest, and the life of the mother.

Trump said ‘absolutely’:

Read more: http://therightscoop.com/not-good-donald-trump-just-said-he-absolutely-wants-to-change-republican-platform-on-abortion/#ixzz46U0QnNIG

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

Trump represents everything conservatives have stood against for as long as I can remember.

Offline flowers

Trump: I would change GOP platform on abortion

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/21/politics/donald-trump-republican-platform-abortion/index.html

CNN)Donald Trump said Thursday he would change the Republican Party platform's position on abortion to include exceptions for rape, incest and the life of the mother.
Trump made the remarks during a town hall on the "Today" show on NBC on Thursday morning when host Savannah Guthrie asked him about abortion exceptions.
"The Republican platform every four years has a provision that states that the right of the unborn child should not be infringed," Guthrie said. "And it makes no exceptions for rape, for incest, for the life of the mother. Would you want to change the Republican platform to include the (abortion) exceptions that you have?"

"Yes, I would. Yes, I would. Absolutely," Trump said. "For the three exceptions, I would."
Currently, the Republican platform abortion policy reads: "We assert the sanctity of human life and affirm that the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed."
While the official party platform doesn't explicitly outline or endorse any abortion exceptions, GOP presidential candidates in the past have supported them, including Mitt Romney, John McCain and both Bush presidents.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I hate to say I told you so, but.....

Offline flowers

HAPPY2BME

Trump was asked specifically if he wanted to change this platform to make exceptions for rape, incest, and the life of the mother.

Trump said ‘absolutely’:

===============================

The 'exceptions for rape, incest, and life of the mother' have already been endorsed by the majority of Republicans.

What's the big deal?

The Republicans try and use the abortion issue to gain votes every four years between elections.

After the election is over, the abortion issue is ABORTED.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Right Scoop is inferring something that wasn't said by Trump...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Bill Cipher

I don't see a problem with what Trump said.  In fact, I think the anti-abortion thing is a huge waste of scarce political capital because it'll never, ever, ever , .... ever come to pass.  Anything that does pass will get shot down by the Supreme Court.