Author Topic: Trump: Transgender people can use whatever bathroom they want  (Read 32916 times)

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: Trump: Transgender people can use whatever bathroom they want
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2016, 05:02:21 pm »
I truly have never seen anything like this on the R side of the aisle.  Dem, yes, but never, ever Republican.....

I said exactly the same thing to my wife last night and not for the first time, I'm pretty sure.

Maybe Republicans have been too self-critical in recent years, demanding perfection of their own candidates rather than favorably comparing them with the Democrat alternative(s). But I can not recall any past GOP Presidential candidate whose admirers were willing to overlook whatever bat-guano crazy thing they said, no matter how fatal it might be for any other Republican who said the precisely same thing.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2016, 05:05:55 pm »
I agree, RIV.   I have no objection to Trump's position on this issue.   But I think Republicans in general are going to have to get comfortable with the reality that Trump's a social liberal, like most Manhattan "sophisticates" are.   Some will have no problem with that, and some will.  The GOP coalition consists of both conservatives and libertarians.   

For decades social "conservatives" have co-opted the Republican Political Platform--adding conditions and positions that simply do not have anything to do with the Constitutional powers of the Office of the President of the United States.

The President cannot outlaw abortion, the President cannot outlaw same-sex marriage, and the President cannot decree toilet etiquette. 

If unhappy and fearful, social conservatives should be applying pressure locally--as our Founders envisioned---at the municipal, city, county and state levels.  These are the levels of government that most directly and immediately impact daily lives and communities.  Why is it that social conservatives instead choose to pop up and make themselves a national wedge issue over and over and over and over again--snatching defeat from the jaws of victory?

Social conservatives have taken the political debate for POTUS from the altar, to the bedroom, to the clinic and now to the toilet.  Why do this -- for what rational political goal?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2016, 05:13:45 pm »
Ben Shapiro ‏@benshapiro  17m17 minutes ago

If you don't vote for a pro-Planned Parenthood, pro-trans bathroom, tax-and-spend Hillary supporter, you support Hillary!
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2016, 05:14:51 pm »
I wonder if he'd feel the same way if some transgender pervert were to walk into a women's bathroom and molest his granddaughter.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2016, 05:15:38 pm »
The issue mainly affects women. If you want to be using the bathroom... or shower presumable, and some bearded lady unzips in the stall next to you, or hops in the shower with "equipment" swinging to and fro, or next to your daughter, then go for it.

I would think that might bother some ladies. But maybe I'm wrong?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2016, 05:16:20 pm »
I said exactly the same thing to my wife last night and not for the first time, I'm pretty sure.

Maybe Republicans have been too self-critical in recent years, demanding perfection of their own candidates rather than favorably comparing them with the Democrat alternative(s). But I can not recall any past GOP Presidential candidate whose admirers were willing to overlook whatever bat-guano crazy thing they said, no matter how fatal it might be for any other Republican who said the precisely same thing.

So how does a political party go from being hyper critical to having no standards whatsoever in such a short time?

I truly didn't see this coming even a year ago.

One third of our party has absolutely nothing against lying, cheating, corruption, moral degeneracy, vulgarity, name-calling, self-pity, infantile behavior, flip-flopping at hyper speeds.........

What happened to these people that they don't give a rip about anything we used to hold dear??  I truly don't understand this at all.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2016, 05:19:01 pm »
So how does a political party go from being hyper critical to having no standards whatsoever in such a short time?

I truly didn't see this coming even a year ago.

One third of our party has absolutely nothing against lying, cheating, corruption, moral degeneracy, vulgarity, name-calling, self-pity, infantile behavior, flip-flopping at hyper speeds.........

What happened to these people that they don't give a rip about anything we used to hold dear??  I truly don't understand this at all.....

I'm not among that one third so I'm right where you are!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2016, 05:19:33 pm »
The issue mainly affects women. If you want to be using the bathroom... or shower presumable, and some bearded lady unzips in the stall next to you, or hops in the shower with "equipment" swinging to and fro, or next to your daughter, then go for it.

I would think that might bother some ladies. But maybe I'm wrong?

It's young girls that this policy puts at great risk, but also older women and anyone not physically strong enough to defend herself against a male aggressor.   This is such a dangerous policy for women that it's frightening............... not to mention the invasion of privacy.

I'm not at all surprised that an immoral letch like Trump is for it, but who can still support him after this??

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2016, 05:20:11 pm »
To my knowledge there has never been a case of women being harassed by transgenders in the bathroom.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2016, 05:21:05 pm »
I'm not among that one third so I'm right where you are!

So that leaves over 60% of Republicans wondering how we degenerated so quickly into this garbage bin......

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2016, 05:23:27 pm »
To my knowledge there has never been a case of women being harassed by transgenders in the bathroom.

The reverse is sadly not true.  **nononono* A trans man was beaten to death last year - for going for a piss in the gents.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Dexter

« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2016, 05:25:03 pm »
It's young girls that this policy puts at great risk, but also older women and anyone not physically strong enough to defend herself against a male aggressor.   This is such a dangerous policy for women that it's frightening............... not to mention the invasion of privacy.

I'm not at all surprised that an immoral letch like Trump is for it, but who can still support him after this??

How does it put girls at great risk compared to whatever risk there was right outside the bathroom? An aggressive non-trans male could just barge in and victimize a woman as well. I'm not sure I agree with letting them use female bathrooms, but I don't buy the idea that it's putting women in more danger than they were already in simply by being women.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 05:32:01 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2016, 05:26:22 pm »

Do you ever watch the news or read a newspaper?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Dexter

« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2016, 05:26:57 pm »
Do you ever watch the news or read a newspaper?

Apparently not. Could you provide whatever information I have missed?
-Socrates

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2016, 05:30:08 pm »

Because it hasn't been an issue up to now?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2016, 05:30:26 pm »
For decades social "conservatives" have co-opted the Republican Political Platform--adding conditions and positions that simply do not have anything to do with the Constitutional powers of the Office of the President of the United States.

The President cannot outlaw abortion, the President cannot outlaw same-sex marriage, and the President cannot decree toilet etiquette. 

If unhappy and fearful, social conservatives should be applying pressure locally--as our Founders envisioned---at the municipal, city, county and state levels.  These are the levels of government that most directly and immediately impact daily lives and communities.  Why is it that social conservatives instead choose to pop up and make themselves a national wedge issue over and over and over and over again--snatching defeat from the jaws of victory?

Social conservatives have taken the political debate for POTUS from the altar, to the bedroom, to the clinic and now to the toilet.  Why do this -- for what rational political goal?

RIV, if it weren't for this doggone matter of Donald Trump,  I think we'd find we agree on a lot of things.  :beer:   This is one of those things.   I believe the GOP platform's position on social issues has truly harmed our ability to win national elections.    And you're absolutely right - these aren't matters that the POTUS is going to have much power and influence over anyway.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

geronl

« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2016, 05:30:44 pm »
Ben Shapiro ‏@benshapiro  17m17 minutes ago

If you don't vote for a pro-Planned Parenthood, pro-trans bathroom, tax-and-spend Hillary supporter, you support Hillary!

lol

geronl

« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2016, 05:31:04 pm »
Cruz on Trump going full Rainbow Jihad:

"Donald Trump is no different from politically correct leftist elites. Today, he joined them in calling for grown men to be allowed to use little girls’ public restrooms. As the dad of young daughters, I dread what this will mean for our daughters - and for our sisters and our wives. It is a reckless policy that will endanger our loved ones.

"Yet Donald stands up for this irresponsible policy while at the same time caving in on defending individual freedoms and religious liberty. He has succumbed to the Left's agenda, which is to force Americans to leave God out of public life while paying lip service to false tolerance.

"This is not real tolerance. The Left wants to force its belief system onto Americans across the country and silence people of faith in the public square. Unsurprisingly, Donald Trump is all too eager to join them. This simply confirms that the same man who favored partial-birth abortion and still supports public funding for Planned Parenthood will sacrifice principle on the altar of political correctness. Trump will not defeat political correctness. Today he bowed to it."

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2016, 05:31:26 pm »

Nope! You can do your own research!  But I have personally seen numerous reports of such things in the past.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2016, 05:31:48 pm »
How does it put girls at great risk compared to whatever risk there was right outside the bathroom? An aggressive non-trans male could just barge in and victimize a woman as well. I'm not sure I agree with letting them use female bathrooms, but I don't buy the idea that it is putting women in more danger than they were already in simply by being women.

I'm sorry, Dex, but it's clear you aren't a woman who understands the risk that men with their pants down create for women in a bathroom.

Just use your imagination and you'll figure it out yourself........

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2016, 05:32:50 pm »

I'd appreciate the information also.   Like Dexter, I've never heard of a case of transgenders harassing women in a bathroom.    Is this a problem crying out for a solution, or vice versa?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2016, 05:32:58 pm »
Cruz on Trump going full Rainbow Jihad:

"Donald Trump is no different from politically correct leftist elites. Today, he joined them in calling for grown men to be allowed to use little girls’ public restrooms. As the dad of young daughters, I dread what this will mean for our daughters - and for our sisters and our wives. It is a reckless policy that will endanger our loved ones.

"Yet Donald stands up for this irresponsible policy while at the same time caving in on defending individual freedoms and religious liberty. He has succumbed to the Left's agenda, which is to force Americans to leave God out of public life while paying lip service to false tolerance.

"This is not real tolerance. The Left wants to force its belief system onto Americans across the country and silence people of faith in the public square. Unsurprisingly, Donald Trump is all too eager to join them. This simply confirms that the same man who favored partial-birth abortion and still supports public funding for Planned Parenthood will sacrifice principle on the altar of political correctness. Trump will not defeat political correctness. Today he bowed to it."

Bears repeating so I did!  :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Dexter

« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2016, 05:35:57 pm »
But I have personally seen numerous reports of such things in the past.

I haven't, and I can't find any.
-Socrates

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2016, 05:35:59 pm »
I'd appreciate the information also.   Like Dexter, I've never heard of a case of transgenders harassing women in a bathroom.    Is this a problem crying out for a solution, or vice versa?

I would suggest you type in the words "Woman attacked in public restroom" and see what you come up with!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Dexter

« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2016, 05:39:56 pm »
see what you come up with!

Lots of cases where non-trans males barged into a female restroom and victimized a woman.
-Socrates