Author Topic: Trump: Transgender people can use whatever bathroom they want  (Read 32915 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline AnybodyButaDem

Re: Trump: Transgender people can use whatever bathroom they want
« Reply #376 on: April 25, 2016, 01:00:46 am »
I get it.  But the fact still remains that if the polls can be believed, a fairly large part of the population believes in creationism not either intelligent design or scientific evolution.  So I don't think in matters of faith, discussing scientific rationality is a productive endeavor.  Besides, this thread is about public bathrooms and proper gender etiquette.  Probably why the owners wanted to stay away from religious issues., lol.

Creationism defined as what?  That the earth was created 6000 years ago?  I can't tell you how many people I've talked religion with in my life, and I've only met two who believed that nonsense, and one later rescinded that absurd belief.

There is no way 40% of the US population believes the Genesis version of creationism.  Not a chance.
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #377 on: April 25, 2016, 01:01:23 am »
He is an as*hole.  I do not understand your bromance with the guy?

These anti-Trumps sure set a low bar, don't they?

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #378 on: April 25, 2016, 01:02:59 am »
I would rather lose than become a leftist.

RomneyCare wasn't leftist?

Anyhow, this loser mentality is exactly why we have had 8 years of Obama, and at least 4 more of the Clintons.

Wingnut

« Reply #379 on: April 25, 2016, 01:03:39 am »
Come on, man.

**nononono*

Sorry, DC.. can't do it.  The boy is socially unacceptable.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #380 on: April 25, 2016, 01:13:41 am »
Sorry, DC.. can't do it.  The boy is socially unacceptable.

One may show disdain for someone without insulting them overtly.

Attempt it.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #381 on: April 25, 2016, 01:26:40 am »
Creationism defined as what?  That the earth was created 6000 years ago?  I can't tell you how many people I've talked religion with in my life, and I've only met two who believed that nonsense, and one later rescinded that absurd belief.

There is no way 40% of the US population believes the Genesis version of creationism.  Not a chance.

You may be right, but Gallup has been conducting this for years, and defines is as created within 10,000 years, as opposed to intelligent design which, though set in motion by a "creator" nevertheless relies on the evolutionary process.  Interestingly only about 20 percent believed in pure evolution.  I'm not sure what Gallup would have in mind by making something like that up.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #382 on: April 25, 2016, 01:31:13 am »
You may be right, but Gallup has been conducting this for years, and defines is as created within 10,000 years, as opposed to intelligent design which, though set in motion by a "creator" nevertheless relies on the evolutionary process.  Interestingly only about 20 percent believed in pure evolution.  I'm not sure what Gallup would have in mind by making something like that up.

I have no idea.  Maybe they only polled within a mile of Fundamentalist Christian churches. 

I subscribe to intelligent design, fwiw, but don't really know where that intelligence comes from, so I'm basically agnostic but follow the rules set forth in the Ten Commandments because they reflect common sense.  I don't judge other who break some of those, though.  Not my place.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #383 on: April 25, 2016, 01:54:18 am »
I have no idea.  Maybe they only polled within a mile of Fundamentalist Christian churches. 

I subscribe to intelligent design, fwiw, but don't really know where that intelligence comes from, so I'm basically agnostic but follow the rules set forth in the Ten Commandments because they reflect common sense.  I don't judge other who break some of those, though.  Not my place.

It's the only poll I've seen that stays relatively the same year after year.  Anyway, as I mentioned up-thread I gave up trying to figure out how the big bang was initiated, so I doubt anyone knows.  If so, they haven't told me. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #384 on: April 25, 2016, 04:48:22 am »
Mesaclone!

You prove me right every day, as evidenced by the quality of your debate and the degree of intelligence between your ears.

And LOVE being able to say, "See?  I told you so!"    :beer:

You're a true asset to the forum, sir.

Again, you are too kind. Theology is something I find endlessly fascinating.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #385 on: April 25, 2016, 06:34:58 am »
It's the only poll I've seen that stays relatively the same year after year.  Anyway, as I mentioned up-thread I gave up trying to figure out how the big bang was initiated, so I doubt anyone knows.  If so, they haven't told me.

I'll give you 10 to 1 that it started when someone said "Hold my beer and watch this."  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink